Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winterveil, Mistletoe and Wine.

3 posters

Go down

Winterveil, Mistletoe and Wine. Empty Winterveil, Mistletoe and Wine.

Post by Robi Kaezlan Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:41 pm

"No Chey I ain't wearing it" Sab growled emphatically. Chey laughed and nodded her head slowly
"Oh but you will, come on you old misery..it's nearly Winterveil, get into the spirit"
Sab gave a soft laugh and held up the, in his opinion, hideous jumper Chey had presented him with."Aw c'mon Chey it's horrible, the reindeer on it looks like its been drawn on by some retarded orc, the kid sees me in this he'll piss himself laughing"
Chey, still laughing shook her head "He won't, look" she held up a bright blue jumper with a snowman in hat and scarf grinning on the front, "I got him one too..."
Sab gave a guffaw as he looked between the two equally horrible sweaters, seems at least he was getting off lighter than the kid, his cross eyed reindeer looked between the two equally horrible sweaters, seems at least he was getting off lighter than the kid, his cross eyed reindeer looked almost pretty in comparison. He reluctantly stuffed the jumper in his pack.
"I got Robi one too, think she'll mind?" said Chey holding up a smaller and slightly less vomit inducing jumper, red with an applique of what appeared to be a griffin in a greatfather Winter hat and a sprig of mistletoe and holly in its beak.
Sab rolled his eyes but laughed "I'm sure she'll love it...gryphon and all that...very thoughtful"
Chey laughed again, Sab smiled to himself, it was good to see her laugh like this after the weeks of unhappiness and silent tears he knew she shed most nights. Fel, he'd happily wear that feckin sweater everyday if it kept her like this.

Robi stamped her feet and slapped her arms as she shivered under her vast Kalu'ak anorak, she pulled the hood drawstrings tighter so only her rosy cheeks and reddening nose were visible and started her trudge to the arranged meeting place.
When Arli had sprung the idea of Winterveil in a log cabin high in the snow covered hills of Grizzly Hills, she was thrilled, less so when he suggested Sabien and Chey join them, but after only a short while of Arli's boyish exuberance of "Aww c'mon Robi..will be fun...fire, tree...food and friends what could be better?" She soon warmed to the idea and had looked forward to it immensely. "Huh" she grumped to herself "Didn't say Id have to trudge miles in the snow to meet though, did ya knife ears? Leave it to me Robi..I'll arrange transport to the cabin..griffons dont like snow, leave Derek behind..yadda yadda..all talk aren't you Sunblade...?Gah!" she groaned as she fell into the soft snow. Hauling herself up she dusted some of the snow off her coat. "Fe..."
Her thoughts and complaints were interrupted by not too distant Thalassian yelling. She strained to pick up the words. Arli shouting for her? She dismissed that as he always shouted her name in Orcish as a sort of code between them.She was fairly certain it was Arli but erring on the side of caution slipped into the shadow of a huge spruce tree.

"Whose feckin bright idea was this?" yelled Arli as he tussled with what seemed to be miles of leather reins trying to bring the four reindeer pulling their 'sleigh' under control, or at the very least get them going in the same direction.
"Sabien laughed as he grappled with the other rein. "That would be yours kid"
"You sure?" grinned Arli breaking off to concentrate on driving the deer forwards. "Some help Chey?"
The response was breathless laughter from under a fur throw in the body of the sleigh.
"We need Robi..." gasped Arli as he hauled the reins.
"Why, she going to pull it for us?" laughed Sab
"She probably could, she's fat enough..." retorted Chey in an uncharacteristically snide tone.
Both elves turned to look at her surprised.
"Hope youre not keepin that up all weekend..." scowled Arli, refraining from saying more as his attention was required by the deer which had now come to a halt and were prancing on the spot. Arli raised his makeshift whip to urge them on again, stopping short as he saw a figure struggling in the snow waving them down.
"Oh thank FEL.." came a muffled voice from beneath the swathes of clothes.
"Robi..?" said Arli peering at the snow covered roll in front of the sled.
"No.." came a sarcastic voice "Its the feckin winterveil fairy..."
Arli laughed and reached out a hand. "Come aboard.., what the feck are you wearing, you look like a walrus.."
Sab shook his head slowly and sighed. Kid didn't have a clue.
Robi clambered aboard and shook the snow from her coat.
"Oh Arli.." came Cheys voice "When you said we were having pigs in blankets, I thought you meant food not..." she stopped and let the sentence hang as she glanced at Robi, or what could be seen of her.
Robi laughed as she pulled down her hood and shook her hair free. "Nice one Chey" Then shook her hair again and sent a dazzling smile at Sabien and Arli. "The tasty blond elf not joining us?" she added with a sly smirk at Chey.
"Gonna be a feckin long weekend if you two are gonna be bitchin all the time, behave the pair of you"  sighed Sab.
"A hand with these reindeer?" pleaded Arli as he all but tied himself in the reins.
Robi shot him a warm happy smile and went to join him at the front of the sleigh. "Give it here you lummox.." she laughed gently taking the reins from him and slotting the eight lengths over individual fingers.
"A what?" said Arli
Robi laughed and shook her head as she elbowed him playfully, Arli grinned and nudged her back."Right Arli, navigate..."

Sab sat in the back in the sled and watched Robi and Arli driving the sled. He'd always been dubious about Arli's relationship with a human, especially after the tales he'd heard about this particular one, but he had to admit they had a certain 'something' between them. An unspoken intimacy in the exchange of looks and smiles, how easy they were in each others company, aye, looked like the kid had found his ideal mate.It was almost a shame nothing could come of it while this horde alliance barrier remained. He hoped they werent going to be sickeningly loved up all holiday. Sab smirked, winterveil, a perfect opportunity to wind the kid up a little.

"Theres only two bedrooms" said Arli. "Me an Robi will have the big one, Sab you'll have to bunk up with Chey, theres two beds"
"Aye..or I can easily sleep on the couch" replied Sab as he started the fire.
Once the fire was away and they had unpacked they gathered in the cosy lounge, sitting relaxed drinking foamy hot chocolate and discussed the next days plans.
"Pick a tree and cut it down" said Chey excitedly Then decorate it"
"Make a huge snowman" added Robi with equal enthusiasm.
"Snow-ELF!" the other three chorused.
"Youre outvoted there sweetheart" winked Sabien. Smirking slightly as Arli's brow puckered in a small scowl. Robi laughed.

The next day dawned sunny but cold, the thick snow blindingly white in the sun's glare. Arli looked up from his breakfast as Sabien joined him. A spray of egg sandwich spluttered as Arli laughed "What the feck have you got on?Sab thats horrible..." Arli pointed at the winterveil jumper Chey made him bring.
Arli ducked and feinted jokingly half expecting Sab to respond with a slap to the head, instead a smirk that quickly turned into a grin formed on his face.
Arli raised a puzzled eyebrow as Sab pointed towards Chey who was coming from the bedroom carrying a blue garment in her hands.
"No way!" pouted Arli. "Not a chance..you know Id do anything for you normally Chey...but well, you know how it is..somethings just can't  compromised..." he fumbled for excuses.
Chey just kept the jumper held out towards him with a stern look. "Spoilsport..."
Robi entered with a flounce and outstretched her arms "Ta-Da!" she turned on the spot showing off the gryphon adorned jumper.
"What the..?" gaped Arli "It's a conspiracy...Invasion of the jumper wearers"
"Put yours on" saiiid Robi.
"No wa..." Arli started then broke into a broad grin as Robi tickled him lightly
"Come on misery guts...get into the spirit..." she cajoled.
Arli grabbed the jumper from Chey and rolled his eyes. "Bloody women...." he exchanged a grin with Sab.
"Aye aint that the truth and youve got a stunner there, fel kid, she looks hot even in that jumper..." agreed Sab
Arli scowled as he noticed Sab's eyes stray over Robi. "Yeah well..you said it Sab 'I've got'...
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Winterveil, Mistletoe and Wine. Empty Re: Winterveil, Mistletoe and Wine.

Post by Robi Kaezlan Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm

The three bloodelves and the human waded through deep snow, throwing snowballs at each other and generally clowning around like children. Shrieks from the females and light-hearted curses from the males as snow was bombarded into faces or shoved down backs.
"Thats a beauty" exclaimed Sabien nodding towards a clump of trees.
"Why thanks Sabien" grinned Robi "Didn't know you cared"
Sabien winked at her in response. Arli bit his lip and scowled slightly and told himself that Sab didnt mean anything by it, it was just the way he was. He was sure Sab wouldn't make a play for a friends girl, well he was sure he was sure, uhm maybe...
"Oi..daydreamer..." a sharpish nudge in the side from Chey grabbed his attention. "You've got the axe.."
Arli grinned "Don't matter, I'm sure you could cut it down with your tongue" he laughed and dodged the incoming playslap from Chey, parrying with a lunge that sent her sprawling into the snow.
"Arghh you little twerp..." she spluttered as she laughed "I'll get you back for that Sunblade..."
"Dream on Lightblade" he retorted laughing in his victory.

Sab pulled the axe from Arli and swung it into the trunk of the tree they had chosen. After several mighty swings from Sabs powerful frame the tree creaked and started to fall.
"Move you idiots..." shouted Sab "Its going to fall down that way" a flurry of snow and a few shouts and yet more laughter as Arli, Robi and Chey jumped out of the path of the falling free and landing in a heap beside Sab.
Sab looked down and laughed shaking his head "You feckin numbskulls..."
Robi and Chey exchanged a look and a smirk before holding up an arm each to Sab "Help us up then?"
Sab laughed "You two think I was born yesterday?Try the big wide eyes somewhere else ladies...doesn't work here"
Robi and Chey pouted.
Arli looked at the girls and laughed "Feckin Amatuers" he grinned taking a swig from a hip flask.
"That bourbon kid?"
"Aye" replied Arli and held the flask out to Sab, as Sabien reached to take it Arli grabbed his wrist and gave a short sharp jerk and twist, pulling Sab off balance and flat on his face in the snow.
"That, ladies is how its done..." he said smugly before pulling himself up and floundering off into the snow away from Sabien before he pulled himself together and retaliated. A fistful of snow from Sabien equalled about a bucket.
"Get Back here you little git..." Sabien yelled pulling himself up and chasing after Arli, his longer legs making easier work of the deep snow. Before long he had caught up with Arli who ducked and feinted just ahead of Sabiens substantial arms reach. Both elves were breathless with both the hard work of running in deep snow and laughter, Sabien launched at Arli grabbing him round the waist and using his momentum to bowl them both over , keeping Arli pinned beneath him Sabien proceeded to rub what seemed to be half of the grizzly hills annual snowfall into Arli's face and down his coat.
"That'll teach you, you little fecker" grinned Sab hauling himself up and pulling a spluttering Arli after him.
"You reckon?" smirked Arli "Just watch out..."

"Oi boys!" yelled Robi "Stop mucking about..you have a tree to carry"
"Yes" chorused Chey "It isnt going to walk up itself now is it?"
Arli and Sabien exchanged a look and a wry grin "Bloody women.." they grumbled.

Chey and Robi stood back and admired the tree they had decorated with extraordinary care and detail, or as Sab and Arli had said "faffing and fussing". The two male's attempts at hanging the decorations had been met with lighthearted contempt from the girls, which led to Sab and Arli cracking open a bottle of bourbon and "letting them get the feck on with it".

A friendly argument ensued over whether the great father winter tree topper should be an orc or a dwarf.
"Youre outvoted sweetheart" grinned Sab to Robi making a gesture at the three bloodelves.
"Hah" scorned Robi "Since when was Silvermoon a democracy? Its the most totalitarian society in Azeroth"
The elves all raised a brow and looked at her.
"Well it was" she added slyly "Until you let orcs tell you what to do...even down to what to put on the top of your tree...."
Three Sin'dorei mouths opened then closed again. Robi grinned victoriously.
"Oh she's good" said Sab and Chey nodded her agreement. Arli laughed
"Yep..believe me I know, Ive been on the wrong end of that many times"
"Aye Ive heard" said Sab "I can see how and I can see why you kept going back, I see why Chey was scared to let her near Kel"
Arli gave Sab a surprised look."She wa..."
Sab nodded then raised a hand "Aye but not now eh kid..not the time or place for that type of talk, lets just enjoy the holiday"
Arli nodded and topped up Sabs glass.
"Ar-li" said Robi
Arli looked across at Robi with a soft smirk, he knew that tone, she was after something. "Whut you after?" he smiled
Robi feigned a hurt look "Do I have to be after something just because I say your name?" she gave an affected sniff.
Arli laughed "C'mon out with it my beer is getting warm..."
"I can't reach the top of the tree to but the topper on..."
Arli stood up "Give it here then" he outstretched his hand to take the ornament "What the feck you done to it...?"
"It's called compromise..." Robi laughed "I stuck two bits of pine cone on as long ears and a couple of strands of hair as eyebrows, half sin'dorei half dwarf..I call it a Barf""
Arli shook his head laughing before reaching up and putting the topper in place.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm

((Naww. Cute story so far. Smile  ))
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakar Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 pm

((Indeed! I can't help but feel all warm and nice inside. It's turning out to be a really neat story so far! ^^))
Bakar
Bakar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:56 am

It had to be said that Arli had spared none of Sunwing's expense on the food and wine. After a buffet meal they relaxed by the fire sipping fine port and brandy.
"I'm stuffed" said Robi undoing the waistband of her trousers and lounging back against Arli with a contented sigh.
Lazy grunts of agreement came from the other three.
"I'm almost scared to see the actual Winterveil day meal..." Chey added "Ive never
seen so much food for a winterveil eve - eve, let alone eaten it"
"Winterveil eve-eve?" laughed Arli "That a new holiday?"
Chey threw a cushion at him "shush you..youve been around undead too long and forgotten the new holidays.."
Arli batted the cushion back at her, hitting her in the face. "Oh yes! Game set and match Sunblade..."
"Idiot" laughed Robi
"But an amazing one" replied Arli leaning over to kiss the tip of Robi's nose.
"Aye..well, talking of Winterveil eve-eve" said Sab with a small smirk. "Thats the day we hang the mistletoe" he pointed to the swathes of the parasitic weed the girls had sent them out for earlier.
"Oh you have that tradition too?" asked Robi
"Aye" replied Sab, "slightly different rules to the human one though, Sin'dorei way is that everyone has to kiss the tallest elf, starting with the smallest in the room"
Sab winked and gave a half grin in Robi's direction "That would mean me and you gorgeous...so get over here, we've a lot of mistletoe to get through..."
Robi laughed "You couldn't handle it Sab".
"That a challenge?" grinned Sab
Arli scowled and held Robi a touch tighter. "Shut your face Sab" he said forcing a light laugh "Robi, he's talking crap.."
Sab roared with laughter. "What...?" he turned to face Chey who had sharply elbowed him "Ah..you want your turn?"
"Funny.." she replied in a low voice "stop it Sab, youre upsetting Arli..look at that scowl..." she tried not to giggle at Arli's sulky pout.
"Not upsetting him..just a gentle wind up..mind you, wouldn't mind getting a bit of what he's got..."he nodded in Robi's direction, his expression changing to one of wanton lust as he caught Arli watching him.
"Stop it" hissed Chey trying not to laugh.
"Robi" said Arli standing up "Gimme a hand in the kitchen..." he pulled her reluctantly to her feet
"What with?"
"Just a hand with some bottles..." he led her towards the small kitchen area, Robi following, dragging her feet and sighing.
Once in the kitchen Arli turned to face Robi. "I swear Sab's coming on to you.." he hissed
Robi laughed "Don't be stupid..he's in love with Chey"
"All that crap about mistletoe....he's er what?"
"He's in love with Chey...you can tell by the way he looks at her, talks to her..." Robi gave a wistful sigh.
"Rubbish! Chey is married to Kel, Sabs best mate, Sab wouldn't hit on Chey.."retorted Arli
"I didn't say he would, just that he's in love with her..Sab is just winding you up" she laughed. "Mind you..he is rather handsome..."
Arli scowled again, Robi laughed as she reached up and placed a lingering kiss on Arlis lips. "You should have a key in your side..youre so easy to wind up.."
"You don't fancy him then?" asked Arli keeping the tone light.
Robi shook her head smiling softly "How could I when I got you?"
Arli smiled a touch smugly then looked at her suspiciously "You mean that? Or is the key in my side showing again?"
Robi pulled him down to her and placed a soft sultry kiss on his lips "Silly Belf..what do you think?"

The four, still full from their earlier food sat around the roaring fire, although still early evening, outside was dark and snow was falling, drifting silently past the window.
"We should play some party games" declared Robi.
Chey clapped her hands "Oh yes lets, reminds me of when I was a child"
"Nah" said Arli "Winterveil at Dawnrummers was a very staid affair, us kids were allowed to have controlled fun only..organised games like Sardines and hunt the feckin slipper...I mean which tosser hides his feckin slippers?"
Sab laughed. "Go for it...don't mind me..I'll enjoy watching"
"Oh misery..you'll join in and like it...what about charades?" chided Robi "Surely you can manage that"
Sab laughed lightly although it seemed a little forced.
Robi and Chey both cocked their heads and exchanged a look before turning to face Sab.
"Bad memories of Winterveil?" asked Chey, placing a hand on his arm.
Sab shook his head "No..no bad memories of it, more like none at all...if you must know, I don't know how to play the games"
Chey and Robi looked astounded "Why's that?" asked Robi "You lose your memory?"
"Robi..." Arli said in a quiet voice "Leave it huh? Sab won't want to talk about stuff"
"But..." started Robi
"No buts just shut it before you start" Arli replied with a smile. "Trust me he don't like people prying"
"No sweetheart" laughed Sab "I havent lost my memory, we just didn't have a big deal about it when I was a kid"
"Thats quite sad..what sort of parent doesn't give their child a Winterveil?" said Robi, heedless of Arli's comments "Oh..you werent in an orphanage?"
Sab shook his head and looked slightly irritated.
"Then why were your Winterveils so horrible?"
Sab scowled and Arli prodded his foot into Robi's back as a warning.
"Look..I didn't say it was horrible, I didn't know any different ok?" Sab said tetchily.
"Ok Ok keep your hair on" huffed Robi "Only asking, miserable old fart..."
Sab smiled slightly. "Aye ok sorry...truth is this is only the second Winterveil Ive really had, I was locked up for the twelve before that, and well..the gang we were in didn't really do Winterveil, we went out on the eve though.."
"See you do remember, so what did you all do on the eve?" Robi asked sending Sab her warmest smile.
"Ah well we went out and cleared all the nobles houses of their Winterveil gifts..." smirked Sab warming to Robi's smile.
Robi's eyes widened. "Oh.." was all she could reply.
"Heard enough now then you nosey wench?" laughed Sab
Robi sent another winning smile and shook her head lightly and looked up at Sab. Again Arli's foot prodded her, this time more playfully, she glanced over her shoulder at him and smiled.
"You gave him that look didn't you" whispered Arli smiling amused as he did a pale imitation of Robi's trait of looking up without raising her head and the soft shake of her head. "Can't get the smile right though..." he gritted his teeth and gave a cheesy grimace, "Something like that I think"
Robi laughed and bit his leg, before looking up at him without raising her head and sending him a smile.
Arli retaliated by bouncing a cushion off her head and ruffling her hair roughly. The pair ensued in a play-fight which lasted several minutes, Robi squealing and Arli yelling as they tickled and nipped.
Sab and Chey looked on in amused bewilderment.

"So Sabien.." said Robi after the fight ended with both of them claiming victory. "Before the gang? You must have had some Winterveil memories?"
Sabien sighed. "Fel woman youre worse than a hound..."
Robi laughed "No..you'll find that a hound will eventually let go..."
"Ok OK...If I tell you will you shut the feck up?"
Robi smiled "Promise"
Sab sighed, Robi sat back against Arlis legs as she uncrossed her fingers.

"I know!" exclaimed Robi "We'll have some fun with Mistletoe..that will keep Sab happy"
"Depends what we do with it" responded Sab
"Well...we hang some mistletoe and someone stands under it blindfolded..someone will then kiss that person and they have to guess who." explained Robi "You never know Sab...you might get to kiss Chey.."
"Dunno what you mean..." muttered Sab. "She's Kels...."
"Don't wind him up" warned Arli not altogether seriously.
"Right, Arli...black mask please...don't lie before you start I -know- you'll have brought it..." ordered Robi
"Ok ok .." laughed Arli "I get to go first show Sab how it's done..." he added as he wandered off for the mask.
"Day I take advice of you kid..its the day I quit..."
"As Arli has kissed both me and Chey Sab can go first" decided Robi
Chey looked at Robi and blushed slightly.
Sab looked slightly uncomfortable although not unwilling. Robi elbowed him lightly "Aw go on you know you want to..."
Sab laughed and gave a small nod. "Hmm ok then..."
Arli handed him the black mask and Sab tied it around his eyes. Robi raised her hand to slap him and he didnt flinch, Robi nodded satisfied he couldnt see.
She prodded Chey and gestured she kiss Sab. Chey looked unsure.
"Scared you won't want to stop?" Robi whispered with a laugh.
Chey sent Robi a withering look before reaching up and kissing Sab softly on the lips and pulling slowly away.
Robi shot a look at Arli and raised a brow. Robi swapped sides with Arli and gave him a shove cannoning him into Chey who staggered along.
"Oi.." exclaimed Arli "Careful..."
Sab removed his blindfold to look into Arli's eyes.
"You had better be feckin jokin'" Sab growled. Robi gave a laugh.
"Kid...?" Sabs eyes narrowed
"What?" replied an astounded Arli "What did I do...aw fel no..Sab no just feckin no..." he gibbered as the copper dropped on Robi's little joke.
Robi doubled up laughing as Sab chased Arli. "I want the truth kid..."
"Im telling you Sab..." said Arli dodging behind the sofa and feinting left then right. "It was Robi..she set it up....I didn't know what she was doing until she pushed me....honest Sab."
Sab stopped mid lunge across the sofa and laughed. "She's a sly one that wench of yours..you should keep her on a leash..."
Arli laughed "Go on then Sab...try it..she'll have more than just your hand off..."
"Cheek..." said Robi who was still creased.
"Thought the lips were too soft to be yours Sunblade...couldn't have been Robi for two reasons, one being there wasn't a taste of poison...and two youre not scowling kid" said Sab leaving Arli to come from behind the sofa. "Therefore had to be Chey..."
Chey smiled and nodded before colouring slightly.
"Round two after dinner" said Arli leaping over the sofa back.
"Aye" smirked Sab "I vote for Chey and Robi to get it together" he followed with a lewd laugh.
"Dream on...." laughed Robi and Chey together and headed off to prepare yet more hot chocolate. Putting their arms around each other as they closed the kitchen door.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum