Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD!

+16
Zinkle Figgins
Zaraj
Celeste/Ainathiela
Ledgic
Helmut
Vaell
siegmund
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Flo
Raelan
The Z
Thelos
Lavian
Seranita
Sarandus
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD! Empty Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD!

Post by Sarandus Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1377856-Blizzard-Trademarks-quot-Warlords-of-Draenor-quot-WoW-Expansion

https://twitter.com/Boubouille_MMO/status/396356899966160896

Boubouille is the guy who runs MMO-Champion and is generally a credible source when it comes to WoW related news. What might an expansion with this title bring? A new Outlands continent? Turalyon and Alleria returning, perhaps even Illidan?

EDIT: Locked (sorry OP)

For clarity use one thread (it seems to be hard to use two):

http://www.defiasrp.com/t7473-blizzcon-2013-november-8-9
Sarandus
Sarandus

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD! Empty Re: Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD!

Post by Sarandus Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:53 am

More rumours:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1376503-Wow-Want-to-know-what-happens-next

"The upcoming expansion is called Warlords of Draenor and will feature Grom as the antagonist, although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash. This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel."
Sarandus
Sarandus

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD! Empty Re: Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - the new expansion? - USE THE OTHER THREAD!

Post by Seranita Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:00 am

*drools* perhaps revamped outland lore and more new draenei lore? *lives in hope*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

Time travel you say?......

....Yeah. I'll let Ledgic finish that one.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:01 am

Grom as the antagonist?

Right after we've dealt with his son?

This seems unlikely.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 am

Another orc (whoever it'd be) as the antagonist would be a pretty bummer...and when you make it Grom, it just seems even more silly, time travel involved or not.

The title "Warlords of Draenor" in itself also sounds more like a content patch...but hey, unfitting or not, I'd love to see more...well, outland-ish scenery, instead of your regular magic forests, no matter how pretty they also are. Just as long as the possible return to Outland wouldn't mean getting the 'Cataclysm' treatment. In other words, 60-70 levelling being revamped, while a few new zones designed for 90-95/90-100 levelling get scattered around randomly.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 am

because timetravel wasnt a dead giveaway
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:52 am

Raelan wrote:because timetravel wasnt a dead giveaway
You would have said the exact same thing if it had been a Legion invasion of Azeroth.

That's called 'foreshadowing,' buddy - Blizzard does lots of it. So much, in fact, that no any kind of expansion they would release at this point - Legion, 'The Deep Below', Time Travel etc. - would inevitably give their players the sense that they 'called it' - which is an awesome feeling, so I would see how they would want to fabricate it.

They'll probably have enough suprises in there to make it fresh and exciting, though.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 am

Anyone else get a major /cringe from that name, or is that just me?
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:09 am

Flo wrote:Anyone else get a major /cringe from that name, or is that just me?
I had the opposite reaction, actually; I got rather giddy.

That's probably because I secretly want the next expansion to have to do with Draenor, so my beloved spacesquids get some long-desired relevance.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 pm

I smell Decoy...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:19 pm

If it is a decoy that will be so cruel to the squids XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Lexgrad wrote:If it is a decoy that will be so cruel to the squids XD
Not really.

"Return to Argus" - now that would be a cruel decoy for the squids.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:23 pm

To be fair could be just a patch, everything doesn't have to be an expac and frankly this doesn't sound expansion like.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Good point, maybe the orcs who are pro Garrosh are going back through the portal
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 pm

It could be a card pack for Hearthstone. Wink
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Vaell wrote:It could be a card pack for Hearthstone. Wink
Well yes.. It really DOES sound like a pack of cards for either the TCG or Hearthstone.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Thelos wrote:
You would have said the exact same thing if it had been a Legion invasion of Azeroth.

That's called 'foreshadowing,' buddy - Blizzard does lots of it. So much, in fact, that no any kind of expansion they would release at this point - Legion, 'The Deep Below', Time Travel etc. - would inevitably give their players the sense that they 'called it' - which is an awesome feeling, so I would see how they would want to fabricate it.

They'll probably have enough suprises in there to make it fresh and exciting, though.
Actually, I ment this aint the expansion. I sure hope it isn't. The leaked info seems flimsy at best, considering how tight lipped Blizzard has been so far, besides an entire expansion around timetravel would not progress the story. If anything OP is just making it up as he goes along now the trademark is out.

My hope would be it's another RTS, telling the story about what happened behind the Dark Portal. Fat chance tho.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Lavian Dawson wrote:Time travel you say?......

....Yeah.  I'll let Ledgic finish that one.
YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH-
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste/Ainathiela Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:31 pm

The second bit to me sounds like a complete hoax, though I'd do backflips if I had all that free bag space from not having to transmog things.
Celeste/Ainathiela
Celeste/Ainathiela

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Raelan wrote:
Thelos wrote:

Actually, I ment this aint the expansion. I sure hope it isn't. The leaked info seems flimsy at best, considering how tight lipped Blizzard has been so far, besides an entire expansion around timetravel would not progress the story. If anything OP is just making it up as he goes along now the trademark is out.

My hope would be it's another RTS, telling the story about what happened behind the Dark Portal. Fat chance tho.
Ah! My apologies. I misunderstood your point to mean the opposite.

I got confused, because there's quite a bit of fore-shadowing for more time travel stuff coming our way, with the whole Timeless Isle suddenly appearing at the last minute.

Personally I am not all that interested in story 'advancement' - I am fine with some meandering on alternate realities and whatnot. Could be fun. I honestly wouldn't mind an expansion based around time-travel. The creative possibilities are very rich and the role-playing opportunities richer.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste/Ainathiela Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Jean-Baptiste de Gouille goes back in time to find his human self and tells him not to eat the infected bread.
Celeste/Ainathiela
Celeste/Ainathiela

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Sounds more like a TCG expansion/Hearthstone expansion or something akin to that, so I call bull.

Though who knows, perhaps I'm denying it in a desire to not see Blizzard attempt to do some time travel plot, or something that is about a world we already kind of have explored.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I think it could have something to do with Warcraft's 20th anniversary next year, maybe a RTS set before Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:41 pm

If it is a time travel ex-pac imagine the ret-cons they can justify! Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next