Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4. Day of Changes pt.1

Go down

4. Day of Changes pt.1 Empty 4. Day of Changes pt.1

Post by Fenuviel/Eidan Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 am

"Meet me at the usual place..." the letter had said. Fenuviel hadn't given it a single thought. He knew what was wanted of him. Come swiftly, come alone. He was growing tired of Eldurin's ways, but he would hear him out this last time. He said he had found a way to bring Ayuria back.

The air around him grew colder as he descended into the catacombs of the cathedral. The only sound as he went deeper was the clopping of his boots on the hard stone. He heard no voices as he reached the furthest room where they usually meant. Perhaps Eldurin had knocked Darkfang out again? The woman seemed to have a hard time keeping her mouth shut most of the time. When Fenuviel entered the room though, he saw no one. This wasn't a surprise on Eldurin's part of course, because the man seemed to take a liking to hiding until a key moment. What Fenuviel didn't realize was that this time there would be no discussions. A sharp blow came to the back of his head before he had taken more than a few steps in; in a moment of shock, he fell forward onto the ground, gripping at the back of his head.

Fingers delved into his hair, taking a rough grip as a boot came down onto his back in sequence. Fenuviel growled, trying to reach for the wrist of the culprit, but he couldn't throw the weight off of his back.

"Eldurin!" Fenuviel snarled as his head was pulled back. He heard the sound of metal tinkling against the ground, and saw a small cap roll by. In the corner of his vision he saw a now open vial being brought near him, filled with a nasty looking liquid. One he recognized from when he had watched Eldurin torture Darkfang. It seemed to be his favorite. 'Essence of Agony' had he called it? A cold shock of fear ran down his spine as he realized what was happening. "Eldurin!! Damn you!!" Fenuviel shouted, trying to jerk out of the offender's grip. This only resulted in a sharp tug drawing his head back further to a more beneficial angle. The vial was brought to his face, tilted so that the contents spilled into his eyes. In an instant white hot pain burned through his eyes, and felt as though it burned back into his very skull. He lost any sense of the grip in his hair or the foot on his back. He could not even think, as though all his senses had become saturated with the pure sensation of agony. For a moment, he couldn't even hear himself screaming. But like always, not even one priest came to investigate.

It was only when he was awoken and felt the bruise on the back of his head did he realize that Eldurin must have knocked him out after this. Or perhaps he had simply passed out? He couldn't remember. But his eyes still burned.. A faint whimper escaped him as he tried to sit up, his head spinning. He couldn't see. It hurt even to think of it. He heard a sigh of relief from his right side, familiar voices murmuring.

"Good, you're awake!" came a young dwarven woman's voice.
"Let me help with the wounds..." came a human woman's voice. He recognized them after a moment of trying to concentrate. Eriny, a companion from the Sphere. How was it that she always found him when he was in trouble? Dear Eriny. Good girl. How long would he have been left there to rot if not for her? And the human... was it really... Veronique?
"W-What..?" Fenuviel murmured dazedly, all the sounds confusing him, sounding so much louder than they had before.

He heard the sound of fabric shifting as Veronique scooted to sit behind him, tying a bandage about his head in the manner of a blindfold. Fenuviel cringed as the cloth touched his skin, gritting his teeth. Veronique was quiet a moment as she seemed to ponder.
"I'll get a potion made to help ease the pain, and get rid of any poison left," she said matter-of-factly.
"What happened to ya, Fenu?" Eriny questioned. Fenuviel had the faint impression she was frowning. He could hear that she was very close and reached a hand to his side, managing to grip her shoulder.
"Eldurin..." he breathed quietly, his voice still weak from pain and screaming.
"Who?" Eriny questioned, and he felt her shoulder raise under his hand in a shrug.
"A rogue… a Kaldorei. It is complicated..." Fenuviel sighed, and explained to them in brief the story of Ayuria, how she had become the cruel Darkfang, and how Eldurin had wanted Fenuviel to help him bring Ayuria back. He had never figured out why Eldurin wanted it. With the help of his two companions, he was taken to Eriny's home to rest.

Later, Fenuviel had made his way to Stormwind with the help of a kindly Dwarven guard. Fenuviel hated himself for being in such a weak state, but there was little he could do but ask for help. In Stormwind he was left alone once again, but he knew where he was at least. The Dwarven District... he could smell the smoke from the many braziers and hear the hammering of the blacksmith on his anvil. He moved away from the sound of the anvil, knowing that the Smoking Blade must be in this direction, but he wasn't sure he wanted to go there. What if his Master was there?

What would he say to him?

Before he could think of a solution, there came the sound of nails, or claws rather, clicking across the stone nearby. Fenuviel heard a soft growl of a wolf, and the clack of its teeth before the soft clicking of its paws receded. Fenuviel followed the sound. He recognized the growl, he thought. When he could feel the warmth of the beast near, he reached out a hand tentatively.

"Malevolence..?" he whispered quietly. He could hear the wolf panting, but it seemed to back away out of his reach.

What Fenuviel couldn't see that Malevolence had caught himself a rat, and seemed to think that the Elf was trying to take his prize. Fenuviel sighed as his fingers swept through only air, and gave up, lowering himself to the ground.

He could hear the wolf's teeth gnashing at something. "What's that you've got there, Malevolence..?" he questioned idly. In response, Fenuviel felt something faintly warm nudged against his leg. He reached for it, thinking to pat the wolf's head, but instead found something bloody and raw. A rat. Fenuviel frowned at first and then smiled faintly. Perhaps the wolf thought he needed it more. Malevolence seemed to know when things were wrong. "I'm not hungry. You caught this fair and square, but thanks anyway..." Fenuviel murmured, holding the rat out blindly.

Malevolence seemed to hesitate, but then quickly took the rat into his jaws again before the Elf could change his mind!

Fenuviel reached out to touch the wolf, running his fingers through its fur before he found its ears. He gave it a gentle pat atop the head before he realized he had heard boots coming near. Of all people, Darkfang was the one that he hadn't wanted to come across in his moment of weakness.

"What's this..?" he heard her sneer, and scrambled to his feet, stumbling back against a wall. His face had been hidden from her direction at first, but he heard her voice abruptly trail off when the bandages came into her sight. "...Oh no. I'm sure I don't want to know about this,"

"What do you want?! Get out of here!" Fenuviel shouted, his lips drawing into an angry scowl. He heard Malevolence stand up, a quiet growl rumbling in his throat at the woman.

"What happened to you?"
"Your Eldurin is what happened!"
"My Eldurin?"
"If it weren't for you, this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't even know who he was, wench!"
"Hmm... I suppose that's true," Darkfang chuckled in dark amusement, though he could tell she frowned at the last insult. "You know, I don't take insults kindly. Give me one reason not to run you through?"

Fenuviel was sure she was glaring, and he thought he heard the classic 'schwing' of a blade being drawn from its scabbard. He reached for his own blade, as pointless as it was.
"Just try it," Fenuviel answered. He could feel Malevolence's fur ruffling as he growled again, the kind of growl that seemed to suggest 'If you take one more step forward I'll bite your hand off.' Darkfang was quiet for a moment.

But it was too late, the wolf barked for his master.

"I don't like the look of that dog too much," she replied. She didn't attack. Fenuviel knew she wouldn't have. "So, where's Shagrath?" she questioned, her voice confident, and ever so slightly teasing. Fenuviel hated her for her arrogance, her contempt. It made his blood boil with even more rage than he had felt for her simply reminding him of Eldurin.
"I don't know," Fenuviel snapped, "He doesn't need to tell me,"

This time he heard heavier boot falls on the stone approaching.
"Ah, question answered," Darkfang replied. He could tell by the way her voice grew slightly quieter that she turned away from him as she said this. With a sense of dread, Fenuviel realized Shagrath had found him, and stumbled backwards slightly, coming to sit next to the wolf.

"What's this?" Shagrath's commanding voice questioned, though he sounded faintly bored. He always sounded somewhat apathetic, unless angered.

"I did warn you," Darkfang replied almost tauntingly.
"Warned me?" Shagrath replied.
"About Eldurin, that Fenuviel would be in danger. I think his lack of sight is a pretty clear indication of Eldurin's allegiance,"
Shagrath was quiet for a moment, and Fenuviel could feel his master's eyes upon him, even though he could not see it. He lowered his head slightly.
"Did Bookshade do this to you, Darksworn?" came Shagrath's voice finally. Fenuviel nodded.

"There are two reasons," Darkfang went on. "One: He wanted to bring Ayuria back. And Two: He wanted to destroy the Sphere,"
"For what reason?" Shagrath questioned, seeming to pay little care to the mention of Ayuria.
"He wanted power,"
Shagrath was quiet for a moment as he looked puzzled at Darkfang until she explained further. "The desire for power is a pretty damn powerful call, you know. Hate is powerful too. It all makes sense,"
"But what does this have to do with Fenuviel?"

Fenuviel finally lifted his head with a quiet sigh.
"I think I can answer that," he replied from his place on the ground. It seemed they had forgotten him for the moment. But Darkfang nodded.
"Good. I don't think I can," she added. Fenuviel continued.
"He said he wanted to bring Ayuria back, and since I had been a good friend of hers, he seemed to think I was the key. But I 'failed' in this. I told him I would kill her," Fenuviel explained. Shagrath nodded slightly. In his mind, he could hear his master calling out to the others of the Sphere. <Anyone care to join in a bit of fancy torturing..?>

Fenuviel might have smiled, if he had been in some other position. But it seemed they had lingered too long.

Fenuviel heard the sound of hoof beats on the stone approaching. It sounded as though a procession of horses neared slowly, but they stopped as they reached them. Fenuviel could hear several of the riders dismount.

"Your mark," one of them said. She gestured to Shagrath's tabard, which bore the white, eight pointed star of the Sphere. "Your order is not welcome within these walls anymore,"
Shagrath cackled.
"And you, worm. What makes you think you are the law?"

None paid attention to the crippled Elf in the background, but Fenuviel was thankful for it. More and more gathered, and the argument turned into a simple matter of insults being thrown back and forth, though more and more had turned against Shagrath and Darkfang. Fenuviel heard the sound of a slap, and Darkfang yelling. He could hear the anger in Shagrath's voice growing, and then-

Darkness swirled about him, and he could feel Melnerag's presence for a moment before all the shouting stopped. He heard Perun's voice as well, and... Fira?

"Where is this place?" Fenuviel questioned, struggling to his feet.
"I don't know! I was just enjoying the festivities and then..." miss Firefriend explained, and Fenuviel realized they had been brought to Moonglade. He knew immediately when Shagrath arrived, for his anger was almost tangible. He heard his gauntlets squeak when he squeezed his hands into fists.

"Who do they think they are??" Shagrath bellowed, and Fenuviel could hear one of the others take a step back.

Shagrath's feet shuffled against the wood, telling that he was turning around to face them. Shagrath explained how they had been humiliated by this order, and he wanted revenge served. Throughout discussions, Fenuviel’s attention waned. Ultimately, Fira opened a portal to Stormwind, and one by one, Fenuviel heard his comrades leave. He was left alone sitting near the grass, in a place he didn't know, and where no one knew him. He did not move.

After a few moments, Fenuviel heard the sound of someone walking closer. He realized that he hadn't heard everyone leave. But he certainly hadn't expected anyone to come back for him. Shagrath sat down nearby, and Fenuviel lifted his head at the sound.

"So everyone's forgotten about you again?" came his master's voice. Fenuviel sighed quietly, though it was neither particularly sad nor angry.
"I am growing used to it," he answered simply. Winterblade came out of the shadows then, sitting at Shagrath's side, and Fenuviel heard Darkfang approaching. He wasn't particularly in want of their company, but he said nothing as usual.

"What are we doing?" Darkfang questioned.
"Trying to figure out what to do with Fenuviel," Shagrath answered her simply. Winterblade's eyes seemed to brighten in excitement of a brilliant idea, and she looked to Shagrath with eagarness.
"Can we cook him?" she offered cheerfully.
"Thank you, Winterblade, really…" Fenuviel muttered darkly under his breath.
"We could throw him into the lake?" Shagrath suggested himself. Fenuviel frowned faintly as his master joined into the joking, or so he hoped it was a joke. Winterblade pouted though, as it seemed she preferred her meal not to be soggy.
"I can hear the water. I'm sure I can throw myself into it just fine by myself," Fenuviel snapped quietly.
"Then why don't you?" Darkfang replied predictably.
"Is my suffering just to amuse you all?" Fenuviel finally blurted with a frown after a moment, trying to contain his frustration. He didn't find the situation amusing in the least.

"Is everyone at my back today?" Shagrath grumbled. Beneath the bandage, Fenuviel's brows furrowed in anger, his lips twisting into a frown.

Well, damn you! So some people yelled at you today and your pride was hurt. At least you have your sight! At least you have the respect of so many! Maybe someone should just cut your ears off so you don't have to listen to them.

But what he said aloud was:

"Not I, master. Never. I am still willing to serve you however I might," It was true, naturally. No matter how angry Shagrath made him, he would never disobey him.

For a time they discussed Eldurin further. How to find him. What they would do when they did, for they surely would get him eventually. After a time though, they decided they would depart. Though Fenuviel remained silent, Shagrath was a poor guide, and he found himself stumbling into a number of pillars in railings as he struggled to follow the sound of his master's footfalls. Eventually Shagrath simply sent him home by way of Hearthstone, which Fenuviel managed to find after a moment of sifting blindly through his pack.

When he heard the familiar sounds of Stormwind city Trade District, he fumbled his way out of the Gilded Rose and onto the street. The Elf sighed inwardly as he pondered how to make his way through the crowded sector, though he hadn't taken but one tentative step before he heard a voice in front of him, which seemed to be directed at him.
"Hey," it said simply. Fenuviel paused as he tried to place the voice with a face. It was familiar, but just barely.

"I met you at the Blade, didn't I? How are you..." it continued, though trailed off as the owner obviously registered the bandages covering his eyes.
"Do I look well to you?" Fenuviel sighed, unable to stop himself from snapping at the human man. Nildan, he remembered now. A rogue of sorts, he was sure. An assassin more likely.
"Well, no, you don't," Nildan replied, eyeing the Elf up and down. His lips opened again as though to question what had happened, but the Elf had already begun to reach out in a blind swat, grabbing Nildan's collar. "Hey-"
"Can you get me to the Pig and Whistle? I could use a drink," Fenuviel interrupted him with a faint frown. The man laughed cheerfully and seemed to nod.
"Yeah, sure. Follow me," Fenuviel would have rolled his eyes at this comment, as he couldn't follow anyone very well, but before he could manage another snide comment, he felt a hand grip one of his and tug him off in the direction of Old Town. Fenuviel realized as he was drawn further from the safety of the crowds that he had just handed the responsibility of his life over to an assassin. In a way, it was almost asking for death.

But the Elf didn't resist. Whether he was merely going to drown his sorrows in drink, or signing over his life, he found it difficult to muster much bother at that moment. Death led him by the hand. It was an almost comforting thought.

Fenuviel/Eidan
Fenuviel/Eidan

Character sheet
Name: Fenuviel Mooncrow
Title: Watcher

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum