Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Groves and Gardens

3 posters

Go down

Of Groves and Gardens Empty Of Groves and Gardens

Post by Calisar Fri May 03, 2013 11:08 am

I hope the various cast of RP'ers will forgive me a little creative license, trying to craft this from memory from some very recent RP! Wink writing it up for the fun of it

===

The gnomes head was slowly drooping onto his chest, Cal could swear there was almost a little drool. She’d been watching it a while, wondering if the gnome would tilt or not, slumping forward asleep. She nudged Thondalar next to her and nodded her head towards it in amusement. “I’ll start doing the same soon” she thought stifling a small yawn.

The Stormwind Council was in full session and a genteel debate was rumbling in the centre of the large hall. The usual faces arrayed around the edges, guards, petitioners, emissaries from all corners almost all with an interest, demand or plea. Less than usual though, last week the hall had felt crammed full of bodies, military duty sweeping some parties north perhaps.

Cal eyed Thondalar over, the young Kaldorei looked worn and wounded, his long hair hacked back strangely. A pity, it had been quite handsome, she looked back to the Ministers still talking. All he would say in the stolen moments before the Council commenced was that a woman had done it, a human.

The dozing gnome jerked awake and stretched luxuriously, discreetly waddling out of the meeting, someone else muttered “Good, I hate to be the first”. Proceedings were quickly wrapped up with the inevitable rush for the door and the petitioner race to the private session.

“A ministers work is never done” she mused, turning to Thon as the hall emptied around them “May I ask your opinion on something?” He seemed happy to help, loping along beside her with a druid’s easy grace as they wandered through the Keep.

As the stone corridors opened out to the leafy Keep garden Cal paced around, hands on her hips. “What do you think… is it too big?”

Thondalar gave it some thought “You look great” shrugging “the dress is stunning”.

Cal gave him a curious look, thrown off guard “Uhm... my thanks, but will it do... is it too big?”

Thondalar looked at her confused “Of course, it fits you well”

Exasperated Cal turned on him as Thon muttered the realisation “oh… you mean the garden” She snickered as he blushed and nodded, “exactly, is this place going to be too big do you think? I don’t really know who’s coming” Anxiety edged her voice, the wonder at why the gods the Ball had seemed such a good idea so many nights before.

She looked again at Thon, the stiff bandages peeking out from under his leather armour. “Who was she?” she asked softly, wondering at what had happened to him lately.

Thon brushed a hand through his shorn locks, hesitantly muttering “Did I ever tell you... I was marked… by the Hand?” Pulling a carefully folded note from his belt he handed it over frowning.

Before she could even glance at it a human wandered over, soft footfalls on the thick grass, a most delicate interruption. “I do not mean to disturb, I merely wished to express greetings from the House Ashthorne…” the human bowed politely exchanging smooth words of anticipation for the celebrations, and warm regards from the Noble house.

“Who?” Cal wondered to herself exchanging a lost glance with Thon as they reciprocated the niceties. “These titles are just… folly”. But it was a relief to feel some welcome. Too many reports were whispered in her ear of Kaldorei being attacked, or don’t trust the guards, don’t go here... and certainly don’t go there in the City.

Once the woman had faded back into the Keep Cal looked at the note, so carefully preserved and folded, a single image thereon of a black hand clutching a red heart.

“So… it’s true?” She turned the note over and back again. It seemed such a simple thing, but Thon never took his eyes from it.

“Aye, but it’s also my protection. She has marked me, so only she can claim me, none other in the Hand can come for me now” He sighed to himself almost pleased “But at least I’m no longer an ‘it’ to her anymore”

Cal screwed up the note annoyed at his weary acceptance, wanting to shake him and make him see the note was nothing but a stupid empty threat.

“No! please, I need that!” he beseeched holding out his hand. “you don’t understand, she’s with child, she can be saved”

Someone with child in the hand? It seemed odd to Cal, the idea of a cult nurturing someone in such a condition. “How did she ever even get to you?” she gestured with her clenched fist at his rough, hacked hair.

“I was tending the Grove… someone needs to” He shrugged. ”She… caught me from behind as I was observing the portal” He still held out his hand patiently, imploringly. “I go there often. She... well she knocked me out, she could have killed me though and she didn’t!”

“That forgives nothing, she still hit you in the first place” Cal arched an eyebrow coolly at him, you couldn’t help but feel Thon was too fragile, naïve sometimes. He shouldn’t go there alone, especially not in that state.

“When will you return there?” Cal asked, making up her mind.

“I’m going there soon, right after this in fact… if I can. It’s likely she’ll be there somewhere…”

Cal dropped the note reluctantly back into Thons waiting palm. “Mind if I join you?” Thon seemed unsure but agreed distracted as he carefully smoothed the note out and folded it away again. As they wandered to the City gates he mentioned that the Keeper had taken an interest too, he had suggested the woman be taken to Moonglade, that she could indeed be helped.

“Yes” Cal muttered smiling briefly “Quite like Arkil to be so forgiving”.

Mounting up on the outskirts of Elwynn the Greens and fields of the forest below faded inexorably to the Greys and mists of Duskwood.

Watching Thondalar glide ahead, so easy and graceful on the wing Cal spread her own arms wide from the back of her Hippogryph. Imitating his flight with her eyes closed, unable to really picture herself soaring like the druid. How must that feel? the question nagged at her, gnawing away.

Her envious eyes were soon distracted by the Grove opening beneath them, the far distant glowing swirl of the portal. Through the branches they descended, down and down. To land in the clearing unsure of the welcome they would receive…
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Of Groves and Gardens Empty Re: Of Groves and Gardens

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri May 03, 2013 6:26 pm

I... love this! More! I can't wait for the Moonwell incident! Moooooreeee!
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve Fri May 03, 2013 6:42 pm

*Evil chuckle*

What's your address? I'm sure you'd like that hair back.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum