Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illustrator/cartoonist wanted!

+3
Jakins
Dharum
Jondalar Greenfury
7 posters

Go down

Illustrator/cartoonist wanted! Empty Illustrator/cartoonist wanted!

Post by Jondalar Greenfury Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:32 pm

With all the great illustrators/cartoonist, I know frequent this site, I thought I'd give you all an offer you can't refuse ^^

I am looking for an illustrator/cartoonist to draw the (b/w) fantasy style cover page of a Danish roleplaying book (for starters). There's no money in it, but the honor of having something published is all yours.

Theme of the actual cover should be: 4-5 adventurers in front of a city gates ready for departure (meaning with supplies and equipment).

Elaboration: That means 4-5 humanoids (Human, Elf and/or Dwarf - at least one of each) - maybe with one or two pack animals and/or mounts. Possible classes: Warrior, Knight, Barbarian, Rogue, Hunter, Wizard, Druid, Warlock, Priest and more. Not really important which classes as long as they are significantly different. Gender is not relevant, but both should be represented. Scene should be a medieval city gates (stonewalls or pallisade, portcullis, drawbridge or road - you know... standard city entrance/exit).

The drawing has to be black and white with little or no shading.

We (yes... I'm not solely responsible for this project) don't really want to limit your creative freedom, but the style should -not- be WoW (to easily recognizable).

"for starters" means that if we like what we see, there may be more work to get - like illustrations for class handbooks and a "treasure chest" (weapons, armor, other equipment and magical items). All of which are also planned for publishing.

If you're interested drop me a note and if needed, I'd be happy to elaborate further. There's no deadline, but please send me a message if you plan to submit anything, so we don't decide on anything before we've seen your contribution.

PS. this offer is not only for members of these forums or even WoW players. If you know anyone, family, friend or foe (... or maybe just friend Wink ) who you think might be interested/capable, please point them in this direction.
Jondalar Greenfury
Jondalar Greenfury

Character sheet
Name: Jondalar Greenfury
Title: Keeper of Natures Grasp

Back to top Go down

Illustrator/cartoonist wanted! Empty Re: Illustrator/cartoonist wanted!

Post by Dharum Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I had a great vision and then I remembered I can't draw :<

Anyways bump and goodluck with this! Sounds like a nice idea.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Uhh, no money for it?

C'mon, you gotta pay the illustrator something, especially if you end up publishing it.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jondalar Greenfury Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Jakins wrote:Uhh, no money for it?

C'mon, you gotta pay the illustrator something, especially if you end up publishing it.

Publishing is not the same as making money of it. Some publications are free, you know ^^

This project is mainly on a hobby basis. Everyone has so far been working on it without compensation - some for years. If at some point there is money to be made on it and if the illustrator contributes more illustrations, I am sure he/she will get his/her piece of the cookie. But seeing as I'm not in charge of the project and since the future level of production for now is uncertain, I can't really promise anything. For now it's just a bunch of nostalgic old geezers who wanna publish their favorite role playing game.

If at some point it gets more serious (as in money making serious), there will be contracts and agreements to be made, companies to be incorporated, suppliers and service providers to be hired, sales agreements to be negotiated, budgets and accounts to be made, meetings to be held, proceeds to be distributed and much more... we're nowhere near that stage and don't know if we'll ever get there.

These are the conditions for now. Credits will be given in the size and shape suitable for the project's size and shape.
Jondalar Greenfury
Jondalar Greenfury

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Good luck with this!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Hmm well, good luck. It'll be hard finding a decent illustrator who'd work for nothing, most don't do that, even on Deviantart people don't really like working for nothing.

Even paying them like £1 counts as an investment, if that's anything Wink

Otherwise, good luck finding a freelancer!
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jondalar Greenfury Sat May 01, 2010 8:10 am

@ Shaelyssa: Thanks ^^

@ Jakins: No worries. I've had no trouble finding artists who'd like their work published. Don't know about the rest of Europe, but in Denmark, up-and-coming artists (no matter the art) know they can't ask for monetary compensation and they know that this would be a chance for an artist to actually do "real" work.

If we wanted a "professional", I wouldn't be asking here and wouldn't be asking like this. I asked here because I know that some aspiring designers (like myself) are playing WoW and possible part of the forums. I wanted to give them this opportunity. If I could draw better myself, I would jump at the chance of making something that would be published. If nothing else it'd look great in a portfolio.
Jondalar Greenfury
Jondalar Greenfury

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitene Sat May 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Hmm.
Sounds decent.
Why not give it a go *nod*
Nitene
Nitene

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 am

...I might be able to help.

example of my work.
<--
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

I'll poke some of my friends who might have enough talent.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down