Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!)

+6
Elssa
Melnerag
Ara
Lexgrad
Larnira
Rmuffn
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Empty [A] The Vaetirr (Updated!)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

"Tyr, help us; A storm is coming.
Our foes vigorous make their way running.

Shields and swords they take as their steeds trample.
Machines of war they make as their foundries ramble.

Godless soldiers don to prepare for war.
Bad enemies come; We'll settle the score.

The spear we shall raise against our land's banes.
Their war we shall face; Arrows will be rain.

Now we must prepare for the storm to come.
No life shall be spared as Tyr's men lunge."

-Vaetirr War Chant

Who/what?

Spoiler:

Religious beliefs

Gods and Spirits

As our parents taught us, we believe in a pantheon of Gods. It isn't clear if when the stories were told to the tribe, they were portrayed as gods, but it has become that way now.

Tyr, the Just - Tyr is the chief God, and represents Sacrifice, courage, order, and justice, and war. Our main virtues.
Freya, the Lifegiver - Freya is the Goddess of life, nature and beauty and our second most important god. She is celebrated during Spring.
Thorim, the Stormlord - Thorim is the God of thunder and war.
Hodir, the Frostlord - Hodir is the God of Winter, endurance, and war. He is celebrated at the Feast of Hodir.
Mimiron, the Knowledgeable - Mimiron is the God of ingenuity, knowledge and invention. Hes is often called upon to help solve a tricky situation.

We also revere the Ancients, and take from them virtues. They are celebrated during the Festival of the Ancients.

Ursoc the Mighty - Strength, and might.
Ursol the Wise - Wisdom.
Goldrinn the Ferocious - Ferocity, fury.
Aviana, the Lady Raven - Cunning.
Malorne the Waywatcher - Swiftness.

There are also evil gods and spirits who we do not worship, but still take notice of. They are known to our people as the "Nameless Gods"

The God of Death, The Unraveller, Death-God - The Death-God represents everything we strive to protect. He is the ultimate enemy of the Gods, and the ultimate evil.
The Snake - Lies, and deception.
The Wind Serpent - Spirits.
The Snow Bear - Ursol and Ursoc's evil brother, he represents uncontrolled strength and fury.
The Snow Leopard - Shadows.

[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Yogg_Saron_by_UnidColor

Yes, these are the Drakkari loa, but we don't know their names. We have only learnt about them through seeing altars in Zul'drak, and whatnot. Yogg-saron, but we do not know his name again.

Ranks:

Jarl

The political leader of the Tribe, elected for his good word and wisdom, and respected for his leadership. He usually speaks on matters such as the Hunt, or of Battle.

High-Priest

The High-Priest is the one elected to speak for Tyr. They are the religious leader of the community, and the people usually go them for guidance and reassurance. The High-Priest leads the Priests of Tyr.

Arch-Druid

The Arch-Druid, is the spirtual leader, and asks the spirits for blessings such as good weather or a good hunt.

Huscarl

A rank held by the strongest members of the tribe, they are the most trusted of the Jarl, and act as his chosen warriors.

Elder

The oldest of the tribe, they serve as mainly advisors to the Moot-council, and impart their wisdom to the tribes. They also share great stories and act as sort of Historians.

Priest of Tyr

These Priests are of an ancient order following Tyr, of which only those worthy of Tyr are chosen (Hand picked by the current High-Priest). While most are just Priests who usually stick to the Settlements, included in these are the Warrior Priests of Tyr, who have a unique fighting style, fighting with one hand and usually a war hammer, in honour of Tyr. They still follow the Spirits virtues. Classes: Paladin, Priest, Warrior
[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Warrior_Priest_by_Izmaeth

Preserver

The Preservers are the keepers of Balance, and follow the Virtues of the Spirits of Nature. They are led by the Arch-Druid. The Preservers heal the land where it is injured, and they speak with the Hunters on matters of the Hunt, whether is it wise to Hunt or not. Classes: Druids, Monks
[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Druid

Huntsman

The huntsmen play a key role in the village's affairs, usually going out to bring back food and other resources for the clan. Ores, Hides, etc. They answer to the Jarl, who usually accompanies them on the Hunt, which usually takes place once every month, when the White Lady is full. If there are two moons in a month, it is usually seen as sacred, and a festival known as the Blue Moon Festival is held.
Classes: Hunter, Rogue, Warrior
[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Barbarian_by_vkucukemre

Tribesman
This rank is just given to people for roles that don't have as big an influence/story behind it.
Roles in this rank:
Yrkvinn - A Practitioner of illusions and spells (Warlocks, Mages)
Barbarian - Fighters. Though they are rare to be around when there isn't war. They often fill other roles when there isn't wars to fight or battles to be won.
Villager - Village folk cover a variety of things, including cooking, or even trading.
Classes: Any of the accepted

Races
At present, we only accept Human and Worgen.

Classes

We accept Paladins, Priests, Hunters, Warriors, Druids, Rogues, and Monks currently. Mages and warlocks are accepted as illusionists and spellcasters, but things like Demonic magic would not be accepted IC. (See Tribesman)

What do I need to join?

A Character in the guild needs to be one of a few things, already existing within our community somewhere. As a villager, a Tyr Priest, a Preserver, or a Huntsman. If they are not one of these, then the way of making an outsider join, involves being a person who is either tired of the Alliance and heard of us or something. When an outsider joins, there is a special IC ritual thingy where you are forced to denounce your allegiance to the Alliance and become what is known as “Seen” by Tyr. Worgen! Note: If you decide to be a Worgen for the guild, you need to be either one of the Worgen that came from Gilneas, or one of our Tribe who became a Worgen.

Okay, so our main village is in Grizzly Hills, as you probably guessed. But there is a certain quest we found which turns the mobs there Hostile, I thought this to be a problem, however! I realized, if your character has completed that quest, its more likely than not that you are able to kill the mobs now with no trouble. And if you haven't completed the quest, then great, they're friendly mobs! And this also works brilliantly as the low levels will not get killed.
[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Wow___grizzly_hills_34_by_byorrsingyr-d58ts1h

Important update: We are now merged with the Snowborn tribe (http://www.defiasrp.com/t6740-a-the-snow-born-important-update), both tribes still exist ICly!

Poke Bjornar/FreyĆ , Tylasa/Jargale, Agazar, Atalie or Zailynia if you're interested in joining us.

We're still looking for some Elders, so if anyone wants to fill those roles please say. Very Happy

Last edited by Bjornar Valisson on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

[A] The Vaetirr (Updated!) Empty Re: [A] The Vaetirr (Updated!)

Post by Rmuffn Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

A couple of things.

1. I don't see the necessity of making an "arathi tribesman" guild with "barbaric" culture when there already is one. Which better implemented to the actual lore.

2. The vrykul were made by the titans, many were cursed with flesh. This curse would later develop into Vrykul giving birth to small and weak creatures. Most of them were disposed of if I remember correctly. But many left Northrend, and found the Eastern Kingdoms.
They'd become the "Azotha", first humans. As the Highborne noted on their arrival to the eastern kingdoms, these were primitive people, living in tribes.

^I don't see why a person, living like that. Would suddenly forget that they fled Northrend and the Vrykul for a better life, an own life. So he could go back there. The human populace didn't evolve that fast so he'd feel it was going "the wrong way".

The Empire of Arathor was only forged about 4000 years (and a couple more. Didn't find an exact source.) -after- their exodus to Eastern Kingdom by Chieftain Thoradin.

I understand it might seem silly of a Stromgarde member to say. But if you want to an idea like this, you should focus a little more to make it seem more plausible. Our guild has worked had to implement our culture and history so it won't change, budge or crush existing lore, only live through together.

Yours feels alot more forceful and iffy. As I suggested to Larnira/Alexandra. You should poke a little more into the idea.

Best of luck, however.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Okay, I for one messed that up by not reading it over properly. I've fixed it, and should make more sense now. The changes we made are: We are now just originally a Human Tribe who left Eastern Kingdoms, not Arathi. But we as a race are old enough to have forgotten our origins in Northrend; The Titans were added to our religion when we found out about them recently, and they only affected our religion slightly. Sorry If I made this sound like a horrible idea. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Bump!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Here is a nice poem for your guild. gl Smile

Wyrd Byth ful Araed!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 am

We've had lots of RP already, and are already on 8 members Very Happy Last night we scouted out some of the Drakkari, and investigated where they are all going. Tonight, we met a returning tribesman who had been attacked by Vrykul, and set out to scout Voldrune, and retrieve his stolen Stags. Very Happy Both were DMed very well by Larnira!

We do need some Druids still, the only one we have is an outsider, but I will have an alt here soon who will be a native. We do need an Arch-Druid though! Give me a shout if you're interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:37 am

Bump for all those events! Very Happy
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:05 am

an outsider with a crap connection / router
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Bump. Still looking for an Arch-Druid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 am

Updated with reworked and better lore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:15 am

Hey!

I noticed you never made use of the Defias Brotherhood realm forum, and while DefiasRP is a useful asset you're more likely to get alts here rather than main characters.

I highly recommend posting your recruitment thread here as well:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/941741/

Also consider having your guild added to the list of guilds as organized by Gilran here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5348735408

Good luck with your guild, looks interesting! Reminds me of the game Age of Mythology for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:31 am

I was going to put it in both those places now, we began reworking it before I got around to putting it there the first time I put it here, so never did the first time round. But thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 am

Pfaaah! More Barbarians.

Ships will be built and armies will be gathered to set sail across the seas towards the farthest northern shores, and the faithful will triumph over the faithless and lay low their false idols and drag their heathen kings in chains to kneel before Light's throne!

I can only approve of more RP out in the big wide world, especially Northrend.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Elssa Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Beware for the Vaetirr have friends Wink

Elssa

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:41 pm

I can only approve of more RP out in the big wide world, especially Northrend.
I agree. So many awesome places beyond Eastern Kingdoms, where most of the Alliance seems to stay at.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 pm

We already have 8 active members attending RP and such, and we are growing still Very Happy Lots of RP has happened, and its all be awesome. We've also found an Arch-Druid, but still need Elders!

Back to top Go down

Post by Elssa Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:52 pm

The Snow-Born (The Snowborn in game, for game mechanics) are a Northren tribe aswell.
we are allied with the Vaetirr, the only difference is that we have a different lifestyle then them Smile
we are nomadic and we believe in the titans, their watchers and the dragonflight Smile

Elssa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 pm

All those ancients in there but not Elune? Sad
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:35 am

Updated with a few things including our merge with the Snowborn! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 pm

I have only recently got a piece of editing software called Premiere (I've been a final cut man up till a couple weeks or so ago) and I was having a play around with some of the effects. I came across one I liked and started putting clips of recently downloaded shows into the mix and realised it was similar to what we've had here in the Vaetirr/Snowborn rp!

(Ignore the letterboxing/bad quality. I was only playing about, I couldn't be bothered to wait for rendering/uploading)

I may make a proper WoW filmed one during summer.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

oooh cool idea!!! might join on my druid :D good luck

Sorayah wrote:All those ancients in there but not Elune? :(

she was mentioned :

The God of Death, The Unraveller, Death-God - The Death-God represents everything we strive to protect. He is the ultimate enemy of the Gods, and the ultimate evil.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Vaell wrote:I may make a proper WoW filmed one during summer.

This would be awesome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elssa Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 pm

We have a website folks!!!
www.thevaetirr.guildportal.com!

enjoy! Very Happy

Elssa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 am

So I've been following the developments in the latest Knaak book, Dawn of the Aspects, through Scrolls of Lore summaries (Can't be bothered to buy it). Part 3 was just released....

http://scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92825

"You may call me Tyr and you, of course, are Malygos."

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Sadly, we're struggling to keep interest in this.Crying or Very sad Things have been going from bad to worse for a while now. We are currently trying to sort things out, but within the next week or so if theres no change, we're not sure where we'll go with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next