Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need more of them!

+7
Lavian
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nayan
Elloa
Cathee Norris
Feint
Nargumi
11 posters

Go down

We need more of them! Empty We need more of them!

Post by Nargumi Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 pm

When I read the thread od official DB forum, someone said we are building a closed society of RPers. This made me think a bit about it and when I was having a bath, idea came to my mind. "Heureka!" I screamed and ran out of bathroom to my laptop.

Im sure most of you don´t know me, but you will. Anyway what was the idea?

Since here should only be RPers, and RPers from all guilds etc. we can organise more mass-RP events than ever before. And when the event is ready, we can put it on the official forums so everyone knows whats happenin. The gist is that making more mass events will attract more RPers and this will make DB better place to live Very Happy

What I need you to do? Thats very simple. Dont hesitate with your ideas and make topics. The events can be things as simple as The alliance gathering so you dont need any knowledge of some inner relationships between certain organisations/people. Things like RP battles, feasts, celebrations, expeditions (raids) etc.

Although this is far too simplified, you got the idea and I hope this will meet a positive reception Surprised or at least constructive criticism Laughing
Nargumi
Nargumi

Back to top Go down

We need more of them! Empty Re: We need more of them!

Post by Feint Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Nargumi wrote:[i] And when the event is ready, we can put it on the official forums so everyone knows whats happenin.:

This is one of the reasons why we've made this 'private' Forum, is it not? If we do publish our mass-event(s) within the offical forum, the event(s) will be swarming by Zanazuah affraid and his friends.

I don't know, but the rest of this thread is, obvious, I think. Question
Eventually, we could post the event(s), into the offical forum, as soon as it's completed- and written down.
Feint
Feint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I guess its up to each individual, whether they do want to post it on the realm forums or not. But the risk is always that there will be OOCers that only come to ruin such events then. Which is indeed why this forum was made, for pure RPers that show respect to one another and do not do such things. (Hopefully?)
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:50 pm

So what, seriously, there is people who lose their time watching on realm forum to see where they will have a RP event and come (losing their precious time again) just to annoy Role Player? I can't believe that people are that stupid and mean :p

I prefer to trust a little bit in human nature. I'm maybe Utopist, but world will never goes better if there is none utopists, don't you think :p
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Eledeza wrote:So what, seriously, there is people who lose their time watching on realm forum to see where they will have a RP event and come (losing their precious time again) just to annoy Role Player? I can't believe that people are that stupid and mean :p
Sadly, yes.

As for posting in realm forums or not, I'd say it's a bit far-fetched to think there won't be ooc'ers jumping in, just because the organizing was made in a "private" forum. It's really not hard to locate a mass of RPers.

The reason to create these forums, as I saw it, was not to "keep RP within these forums" and exclude people who haven't happened to register yet, but to keep an ooc-free atmosphere and bring the RP community closer together. Naturally, the realm forums will be used still. Just that now we got our own haven. Smile
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Eledeza wrote:So what, seriously, there is people who lose their time watching on realm forum to see where they will have a RP event and come (losing their precious time again) just to annoy Role Player? I can't believe that people are that stupid and mean :p

It happened last a few weeks ago, although that time it was not even posted on the realm forum. There are people dedicating their time into simply ruin others roleplay event. You will see. I reckon you are quite new to the server as you have not noticed this yet, but you will see, and hopefully then realize the extreme value of a forum like this Smile
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 pm

This forum does indeed negate the need for posting it on Blizzards forums, since from previous experience that often turns into a oocpvp :\. I would suggest just keeping stuff to here myself, or telling people in your guilds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:38 pm

As stated, I believe half the problem is OOC intrusions, although as has been proved before (By myself and others), even less publicly advertised events can be... Disturbed.

At the end of the day if they (the OOCers) want to attack, then they will find ways and means of finding out. So we can either stop talking to everyone we don't know and exclude new people from the server (Or old ones posing as new ones to find out about more secret events), and therefore cutting our own throat, OR, we can suck it up and work around the OOCers, while although causing some problems with making organisation and, if it comes to it, reorganising at short notice, I believe this is probably the best way to keep the RP on Defias alive. It'll be tricky, but possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

What we would need.... is a distraction.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:00 pm

I think we as RP'ers need to come to the fact and accept it even if we were to isolate this to these specific forums need to acknowledge the risk of OOC intervention is always a threat. The more people know the more something is bound to spill anyway.

My two coppers.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Hahahahahahaha that twin elf is sure cracking me up now...
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Cyaska wrote:As stated, I believe half the problem is OOC intrusions, although as has been proved before (By myself and others), even less publicly advertised events can be... Disturbed.

At the end of the day if they (the OOCers) want to attack, then they will find ways and means of finding out. So we can either stop talking to everyone we don't know and exclude new people from the server (Or old ones posing as new ones to find out about more secret events), and therefore cutting our own throat, OR, we can suck it up and work around the OOCers, while although causing some problems with making organisation and, if it comes to it, reorganising at short notice, I believe this is probably the best way to keep the RP on Defias alive. It'll be tricky, but possible.

Fail.
I will say one thing.

"Zana..zuah."
He doesn't need to know, he logs an alt, "oh look, there's alot of DRS in wetlands." / "Oh, look, alot of rpers in SW."

I even, when playing Vargosh was a friend of his, (until the day he snapped on me for asking him to remove the swatstika.) We used to gank Gshire, gates of SW. I never entered the city to gank actual rpers. Anyway; Since he knew we used to gank he asked me, even invited me on calender to go with him and Killmoor to attack a Stormwind Council meeting "many rpers in rp gear, come on!"
I put down my foot and said, "No. I would never want to ruin a huge roleplaying event." And I didn't.

Thing is, even Zanazuah can learn of your meetings, even when they are secret.

So being all hush-hush wont help much. In all honesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Gorge/Vargosh wrote:

But it can help lessen the chances =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:33 pm

*shrug* If you think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 pm

I prefer to trust a little bit in human nature. I'm maybe Utopist, but world will never goes better if there is none utopists, don't you think :p

Oh hell, I read this last night, but didn't check the topic.
Now I see how faulty this is. O.O

I hope you know you're extremly wrong.

These people -live- to ruin your time on the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baròth / Olian Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Zanazuah is a bloody moron for all i care, this server would be better off without people like him >_<'
Baròth / Olian
Baròth / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Praxan wrote:
Gorge/Vargosh wrote:

But it can help lessen the chances =]

At least it makes it a little harder for them to pre-plan a ooc attack before hand. If we can't stop them we can at least make it as hard as possible for them.

Talking about this makes me remember this wedding event. They had announced it on the official forums. Then they got wind that the realm walkers were planning to raid it. The location was changed but that was not updated on the forums. When the realm walkers arrived all they found was a naked gnome named Realmwankers dancing around while the event was hold somewhere else. What a Face

Eventually they found the new location but the people gathered defended the groom and bride and making it possible for them to end the ceremony and portal to Sw to continue the festivities. afro
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Sadly there are people that stupid and mean. They probably carry a lot of anger with them and are most likely frustrated Mad about something and they vent it in this manner. Sad really.
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

I suppose the main purpose of these forums aren't just for keeping these kind of unwanted guests out to begin with. Considering the many forum clowns on the official realm forums, I'd say a forum like this one makes the RP communication a lot more pleasant.

The thing is, there really isn't a lot of effort required to sign up and get approved for these forums. It's hardly any more than filling in your login data and sifting through the policy on Blizzard's official forums. I'm sure there may well be some kind of a leech here sooner or later who will try and use his account only to harass RPers, but that's why we'll have to remain just a little wary of who to approve and who not to. I don't know what Saihna's current method is for allowing people in, but I'm sure this is something that can be sorted out as time progresses.

Regardless of whether we use means such as these, however, we will always have to keep OOCers into account. The general asshat-syndrome is to thank to a lack of attention for that person in particular, so I tend to simply not give him/her/it any attention of the sort and simply move on with what I enjoy most myself; RP.

Thing is, I know of even some RPers who haven't rejected an OOC chance to swarm the cathedral square for example in the past. OOCers will always be around to maintain their general sense of asshat-ness, but that doesn't mean we RPers can't try and fight for our own fun.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nargumi Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 pm

What an attention Laughing
I think i messed something while reading this, but the idea of the topic was to encourage people here to create their own events because here other RPers can help them whilst on the official forum are tons of OOCers who , as was said here, live to spoil the events. But here even when there are some of them, the information of whatever changes can get to the right ppl faster than to anybody else. Any after only 2 years of WoW i know ppl can do great thing when you show them some support and tell them they wont be just ignored.

And to the first post about precious time... it would take you about 5 minutes to log in and look at the events page. And WoW is very time consuming activity and also some RPers enjoy more exclusice events, just for few members whilst some like the mass events. Very Happy
Nargumi
Nargumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum