Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWGEmu

5 posters

Go down

SWGEmu Empty SWGEmu

Post by Ixirar Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:15 am

So about a week ago I started playing on the SWG Emu server. The pre-CU one. For anybody who played SWG back then (2003-2005ish) you'll no doubt have some great memories from that game. I figured I'd post here in case anybody who isn't currently aware of the SWG Emu would like to play there. Anybody who didn't play the game/didn't try it out untill after the NGE(late 2005) should give it a go aswell! It is a really complex game but once you get the hang of it, it is really great!

My toons are Fishdude McGill, Mon Calamari architect, Octopusman Tentacleface; Twilek entertainer, and finally Inkrest Burnstrider, human Marksman/soon to be Bounty Hunter. I've taken residence in the imperial city -LXVI- and the guild of same name. Feel free to hit me up if you decide to go for it.

Link: www.swgemu.com
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

SWGEmu Empty Re: SWGEmu

Post by Muzjhath Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 am

I'd love to try it out. But lack a copy of the game.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:24 am

I could probably do a rip of my An Empire Divided CDs and upload them for you. Not sure how illegal that is but fuck it, SOE cancelled the actual game so w/e :p
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 am

Waiting for it to be completed and a copy launched for the RP server I used to play on, since a few of the RP people are planning to make one specifically for us.

... if it ever happens, of course. Or if the people making it don't end up abusing their power. Private servers tend not to work out. Which is why I despise them.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 am

I'll be playing on the "official" swgemu server once it finishes development. I never got into RP in Star Wars Galaxies, so the RP part has no value to me.

I honestly can't wait for them to develop JTL for their server. I'm going to go hardcore Shipwright/Pilot. I quite frankly can not wait to assemble my VT-49, max that shit out and gather a ship crew and become a force of destruction!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am

The JtL pilot community will definitely come back in a flash if they bring in JtL. In which case you wouldn't stand a chance. Very Happy

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Implying I'm not a vet pilot Wink
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:35 pm

have tried repeatedly to get back into this over the years, ever since the very start when all you could do was run around and spawn static npcs. but i just feel like its lacking the community spirit and wonder that made swg what it was. who knows, maybe when its polished up and people start bringing out servers it might return
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Foa Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am

Star Wars Galaxies was great, I really want to see it back fully, JtL and all Very Happy

Edit:
I wonder how far they've gotten since Core3 a while back on the emu.
How functional is it right now?
Foa
Foa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 am

I haven't played since december, but it was pretty stable. JTL, shipwright, CH and Droid Engineer proffessions not in yet. Faction bases are being tested for stability etc. right now.

The core game is there though and crafting is functional, as is combat. I leveled an architect and a bounty hunter (only low in both atm)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum