Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dearest daughter.

3 posters

Go down

My dearest daughter. Empty My dearest daughter.

Post by Antistia Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 am

He sat down in the grass, holding up one knee so that the little piece of paper could rest on it as he wrote. His writing was in Thalassian, the red ink slowly came together forming elegant letters across the paper..

My dearest daughter,

I write you this letter knowing that you can’t read it yet, but I hope with every fiber of my being that it will explain to you why I cannot be around as much as I would when you can read it.

If all went as I wished it would, I would be there to see you every day, I would be there to teach you to read, I would be there for you each minute of each passing hour.
Yet all cannot be as I wish and thus I have been forced not to see you each day. Perhaps for weeks on end, or months on end, but I cannot see you each day.

I truly hope that by the end of this letter you’ll understand why I wasn’t there a lot when you were young. If you, after you have read this letter feel as if I have wronged you by my decision, then I am so very sorry.

Each generation has its problems, yet to some generations it seems as if all is given and from other generations it seems as if all is taken.
Years ago many of your family died, the Scourge ripped through our homeland, destroying much of our civilization and slaughtering an enormous amount of our kin.

Our people were devastated but we were able to slowly rebuild, from us was taken almost everything, in the following years we would rebuild as I have said, yet we would face betrayal. The last of the Sunstriders, betrayed us, yet we recovered from this.

In time, the mighty nations of the world rose up against the Scourge and took the fight to the Lich King who was responsible for so much suffering, it is during these days, that another threat arose upon the horizon.

The kaldorei, our ancient cousins from across the sea emerged from their dark woods with a single-minded purpose: Genocide.

I heard much of it, posters came, battles were fought, and as I write you this, I sit in lands they claim as their own.
We struck at them, knowing that we fought for survival, forcing them back, forcing them to defend their lands.

It was with their intentions in mind that I signed up to support the offensive, I wished to ensure you could see the fountains of Silvermoon, the water sparkling in the sun. I wish for you to be able to see this.

I wish for you to see the beauty of the Eversong Woods, I wish for you to see Fairbreeze village. I wish for you to live a long life, a long and great life.

You are why I took up arms. I studied tactics so that you may study philosophy, I learned how to wield a sword so that you may learn how to wield a pen and write down the most beautiful of stories.

Some of my comrades fight for glory, power, wealth, yet I do not. I fight for you, for your future.
I know that through the burden I carry you can live your life with less worries, I know you can then tell your children that they can live in peace thanks to the sacrifices of my generation.

My dearest daughter, I hope you understand why I have chosen this path, I hope you understand I believed this was best.

I hope to see your beautiful face again soon.

Your loving father,

Aldar Sunborn

OOC: An old letter I wrote when Sin Belore invaded Azshara, I consider this my finest hour when it comes to writing and think I won't be able to surpass it ever again. Aldar never was a real character in-game but for each time I've re-read this letter he's grown on me some more.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

My dearest daughter. Empty Re: My dearest daughter.

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:29 am

I remember reading this back then :(. I never knew you could be so sentimental with your characters, Cerrania - haha! ;)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Haha I like adding a bit of emotion to my characters, having them grow on me helps a lot too, allows me to develop better for some strange reason.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nianni Fence Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Tbh, I loved it. I didn't know hordies had a heart.
Meh, you actually make me consider sparing the lives of some Horde (Undeads not included, because they are already dead and cannot have children themselves).
Nianni Fence
Nianni Fence

Character sheet
Name: Velaire Dawnsong
Title: Black knight of Gilneas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down