Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SW Military Council 5th of Dec.

+4
Jondalar Greenfury
Skarain
Drustai
Lexgrad
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SW Military Council 5th of Dec. Empty SW Military Council 5th of Dec.

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:26 pm

SW Military Council 5th of Dec. The_Crusades

((A Letter sent to officers of SW Military units, SW noblemen, SW Paladin orders and to military leaders of other Alliance Races))

To who it concerns,

You are hear by invited to a meeting of the new Stormwind Military Council. It will be held in Stormwind Keep at 20-30 hours on Wednesday the fifth of December and will discuss the formation of a committee of military leaders and common doctrine, as well as the immediate threat of the Horde in the new land of Pandaria. You may bring a small honour guard as well as any advisers you require but please bear in mind this is a closed military meeting, not an open forum.

To our Allies it is hoped that you will come in a spirit of openness and cooperation, good council is always welcomed. It is also hoped that this can be the catalyst for a full War council of Alliance in the coming days.

Unity and Solidarity.

Lord Buckholme

SW Military Council 5th of Dec. 150px-Perfect_flag_of_Stormwind

Last edited by Lexgrad on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

SW Military Council 5th of Dec. Empty Re: SW Military Council 5th of Dec.

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm

OOC part.

Poke myself, Braiden, Bismack, Skarain or Dru for a calander invite.

As it says, it is a SW army meeting to try and forge regular and joined up military thinking for RP/PvP and other military horseplay. If you think you should be there ic, then you have the letter and will be most welcome. Allies as said are most welcome for advise and to witness, just bear in mind that this is a SW matter. Hopefully after this we can discuss holding a War council.

As always I am happy for things to develop via IC but just bear in mind that this meeting isnt just for flexing with our chars, we can build RP from it if it goes well. As such I would request that we keep our honour guards small and well behaved and we do not overly disrupt things. Finally, Can we keep this thread on topic and not wander off into ooc meta politics regarding the council thanks. I love you
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Is this an ALLIANCE military meeting or a Stormwind military meeting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:Is this an ALLIANCE military meeting or a Stormwind military meeting?

This one is apparently Stormwind focused. I'd personally prefer to discuss Alliance matters as well, though, as we need a war council for the upcoming campaign and I doubt people will be in the mood to go to two separate ones.

What I recommend is doing Alliance issues first, then once that is accomplished we can move on to SW-specific ones, where those who are not Stormwindians are allowed to leave (or observe) if they wish.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Okay, but the letter is addressed to:

military leaders of other Alliance Races

A typo or intent? That's the only reason why I ask.

In relevance to Pandaria, from everything I've seen of the quest chain the Alliance goes in one as one, but if it's a general military meeting then each race is pretty much handling their own affairs and then whatever is relevant/overlaps relating them back to their allies in the war council which is an old thing.

The address was the only reason why I asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 pm

As the shadow squid said. It is focused on the SW military as that is our direct remit and it needs a good spring clean. Allies are welcome to witness and throw their two pennies in where appropriate.

Personally I hope that it will lead to a full war council but that is not for me to plan.

TBH the main thing is you are invited to represent your house and personal retinue. Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Lex is inviting other Alliance races in case they wish to observe/offer input.

But like I said, I personally think it should deal with Alliance issues as a whole, during the first half, and only do SW stuff after. So we don't have to have two separate war councils that week.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah, Pandaria from the questline is a united offensive. A war council would be more relevant if that's what is being discussed, but since specified that discussion is revolving around Stormwind affairs then that's grand too.

I'll make sure to send the Stormwind Republican Army to plant a bomb or two by the cars outside where you meet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Personally I hope that it will lead to a full war council but that is not for me to plan.

With respect, it would have been nice to save this stuff for the new Minister of Defense to organize, seeing as they will be appointed in a day or two, instead of jumping the gun the same day you interview one.

As I said, we absolutely need a war council that week in preparation for the campaign which starts on the 10th. Therefore, this one should really be expanded to a full war council for at least the first half. SW-specific stuff can come after Alliance-wide issues have been dealt with.

Last edited by Drustai on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Thing is Dru and Eph, it is not for the council alone to call a full alliance war council. But SW matters we can. We do hope to settle things down with the Dwarves IC and having them about shows we are open and that might help. Plus it can be used as an informal meeting of all the alliance, Squid, flappies, furries and gnomes, so the combined IC military leadership can all be together and maybe talk between themselves after.

I hope that clears it all up, moar IC replies plox.

EDIT Dru, you are totally fine to do that too if/when it is sorted Smile But it was something that was announced and needed doing quickly. Just poke me if you want more info.

Last edited by Lexgrad on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Thing is Dru and Eph, it is not for the council alone to call a full alliance war council.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t5864-the-jade-fist-campaign-incoming-early-dec#169829

A full war council for the week prior to the campaign was already being planned.

Again, please expand this one into a full council so that we can kill two birds with one stone and not have to prepare two separate war council events.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:46 am

Throwing my cents as Jade Fist main organizer.

I am personally fine having a SW military meeting before the actual War Council. However, there is 'time' to take into account. I wish the Campaign to end* before the actual holiday when people leave for christmas celebration, so 13th day is the last day the War 'may' start.

As long as we manage to squeeze the one big OR two military meetings before it (doesn't have to be exactly a week before) i am fine with everything.

*While the Campaign does have a date that means 'end' it does not mean all people will pack their stuff and leave. Some military will no doubt stay fighting and as long as there is people then something is worth of being organized. I personally expect things to slow down instead of ceasing entirely over the course of the coming holiday's.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Jondalar Greenfury Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 am

I thought there already was a War Council? At least Aariam and I have participated in "War Council" meetings in Ironforge on several occasions prior to the RP/PvP events/campaigns earlier this year. Did I miss something? (sorry if I did)(and apologies that this question doesn't really belong in this particular thread)
Jondalar Greenfury
Jondalar Greenfury

Character sheet
Name: Jondalar Greenfury
Title: Keeper of Natures Grasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Drustai wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:Thing is Dru and Eph, it is not for the council alone to call a full alliance war council.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t5864-the-jade-fist-campaign-incoming-early-dec#169829

A full war council for the week prior to the campaign was already being planned.

Again, please expand this one into a full council so that we can kill two birds with one stone and not have to prepare two separate war council events.
Lex is confused as always, the plan was to have a war council/diplomatic summit last I checked and it's also what was announced last night.

Jondalar Greenfury wrote:I thought there already was a War Council? At least Aariam and I have participated in "War Council" meetings in Ironforge on several occasions prior to the RP/PvP events/campaigns earlier this year. Did I miss something? (sorry if I did)(and apologies that this question doesn't really belong in this particular thread)
I do not view the war council as a summit as being exclusively a few selected guilds or for one person to call for each time. This means SW or individual organizations can call for it aswell. Tough if we break someones long term plans by doing so I apologise.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jondalar Greenfury Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm

I would agree and admit that my perception was not entirely clear before. There should be no "The War Council", but anyone can call "A War Council". I don't think you'll be breaking any long term plans (or any other plans for that matter). If this evolves to more than a Stormwind War Council, I am sure the participants from the previously mentioned councils will be interested in participating again.
Jondalar Greenfury
Jondalar Greenfury

Character sheet
Name: Jondalar Greenfury
Title: Keeper of Natures Grasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Drustai wrote:
With respect, it would have been nice to save this stuff for the new Minister of Defense to organize, seeing as they will be appointed in a day or two, instead of jumping the gun the same day you interview one.

I agree with you, Drustai. Lex, you say that you don't have the authority to call an Alliance War Council, which is fair enough. Presumably that means, therefore, one of

a) The Minister of Defence will, once appointed.
b) Other cities call call Alliance War Councils but Stormwind can't
c) No player character can because the only people who can are mobs.

It seems to be that b) would be a ridiculous situation, and c) would mean that Alliance War Councils are not going to happen again, which would be a shame. That leaves a), so it makes sense for the Stormwind War Council to be chaired by the person who actually has authority to make plans with our allies.

Having said that, there doesn't seem much point when no one seems very interested in Stormwind having a military leader with any authority.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm

There should be no need for authority to call upon the Alliance, it is up to each part to heed/ignore it and being "important" would obvious help. Again the important part was not supposed to be SW guilds/army stuff which I think is where the communication between myself and Lex went wrong (or Lex had a brain fart) Razz I'd also like to clarify that this initiative was planned prior to anyone applying minister of defense but if Dru gets the spot she will obviously be involved in it.

Goals of this was supposed to be:
* Diplomacy - mending bonds between dwarves and humans mainly but also between all the splinters of the alliance.
* Full scale unified alliance campaign warmup with all the goodies of strategy etc aka War Council-ish
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Most war councils have also comprised of individual orders and real manpower rather then representations of imaginary forces that you supposedly command.

When World at War was happening Khendran organized a War Council by ICly contacting as many Alliance leaders as possible, it was an Alliance War Council because it comprised of Alliance orders, but it wasn't "the" Alliance War Council, if you get me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, I was planning to hold the War Council as prologue to Ska's RP-PvP event campaing, though I was waiting on the flexible dates first.

However, you should be more clear as if this is going to be a War Council or not since I still have no idea what it is.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:Most war councils have also comprised of individual orders and real manpower rather then representations of imaginary forces that you supposedly command.
The dwarves will be visited tomorrow about it, others will be contacted aswell... however it might be smart to put something up here to reach those we cant contact or possibly overlook so they can participate all the same. An announcement about this was made yesterday during council.

Gilran wrote:Well, I was planning to hold the War Council as prologue to Ska's RP-PvP event campaing, though I was waiting on the flexible dates first.

However, you should be more clear as if this is going to be a War Council or not since I still have no idea what it is.
Miscommunication will be cleared out, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It's supposed to be a war council once that's done, however we would obviously not want to rain on your parade if you already had something planned/announced.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:54 pm

It was just the wording that was confusing I think, since it is pretty ambiguous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Braiden wrote:
However, you should be more clear as if this is going to be a War Council or not since I still have no idea what it is.Miscommunication will be cleared out, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It's supposed to be a war council once that's done, however we would obviously not want to rain on your parade if you already had something planned/announced.

If this meeting is going to be the actual War Council and the upcoming war in Pandaria, then by all means go ahead, but if it's going to mostly Stormwind Military Meeting as the letter adresses, then I will call the War Council as original planned. However, since Ska has a vision to begin with battles around the 10th, the 5th or even 4th would fit the War Council if you ask me. I only planned to have War Council as prologue to RP-PvP campaign and I didn't announce it visibly because the dates were a mystery until now.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm

tbh it can be a war council if you want. Last I heard Ironforge were IC annoyed that we had snubbed them somehow and were not working with us. In that situation calling for a war council without going to the diplomatic niceties would not be good RP. This was the reason a SW one was called instead and our allies were invited to sooth relations.

But if it is a war council that everyone wants then we might as well go for it.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Ironforge Senate only declared Stormwind Council ilegitimate, the War Council was meant to be held for all Alliance Military forces and orders that have reason to attend the War Council or will be attending the RP-PvP in Pandaria.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Exactly, would IF just turn up to a war council that SW called without some political handshake. Doesn't seem like good RP to fudge over that and make a war council under those conditions which is why I suggested it was a SW one.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next