Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shameless Advertisement.

+2
Vaell
Tollir
6 posters

Go down

Shameless Advertisement.  Empty Shameless Advertisement.

Post by Tollir Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm

As the Title says.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThatWelshPlayer

Shameless Advertisement.

Enjoy. Post any advice if you watch any of my videos in here, and Ill be happy to reply and take note.

Smile
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Shameless Advertisement.  Empty Re: Shameless Advertisement.

Post by Vaell Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I've had a semi-successful youtube channel (11k subscribers when I left) so just a few pointers.

- Tidy it up! People like to navigate easily.
- Give your video some sort of twist. I'm not saying going full out, but point out particular bits of a game, not just "Lets play" because they don't get popular until your channel is popular. (Or if you're in a group / playing a scary game)
- Get the latest games when they come out / use demos! Try and get into betas and such.
- A video once a week at least.

Our channel got lucky at the time because we caught onto Left 4 Dead early and had websites pick up on our vids so if you find a game - Natural Selection 2 is out soon Wink - get a bunch of videos done and you'll rake in subscribers.

This is my old channel (But don't subscribe, the other two founders are dicks!)
www.youtube.com/lostvector
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Vaell wrote:
- Tidy it up! People like to navigate easily.

In what way would you suggest? Any video I always relate back to their own playlist, I.e. Bastion Videos to Bastion etc. Are there any other ways of clearing up?

Vaell wrote: A video once a week at least.

Easy. Seeing as I have nothing so far on Mondays. That'll be achievable, if not exceeded now. Very Happy

Cheers for the advice Vaell, It has sorted it out quite a lot, I'll just a need that concept a little more explained, if you would. Smile
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 pm

And for all that is holy, do not confuse him with me.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Until you posted that I thought you were the same person, only had changed their profile name...
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 pm

In what way would you suggest? Any video I always relate back to their own playlist, I.e. Bastion Videos to Bastion etc. Are there any other ways of clearing up?
Ignore it, I have had a proper look and you've done the playlist thing which sets you aside from millions of bloody youtubers, it is a nuisance to go on someone's page and have to find videos. Pretty decent page! Did you create the background? Something that would improve it is having your own tag in the background that makes you stand out.

An intro video could be good as well, if you know anyone who can whip one out for you - ask them. A simple one is all you need, if you start getting big, there is a youtuber who makes 7 second ones for like £30 and that is what all of the bigger names use.

For example, a concept is "Welsh guy thinks" and do a playlist of reviews of games, create a bit more of a montage of clips instead of just playthroughs showing bits you liked and bits you didn't. Our videos were popular with an odd crowd, I did a silly voice and people enjoyed it so we based a bunch of videos around that. When the channel was popular, we did a lot of stand alone fun videos. Unfortunatly, when I fell out with the other two who made it, they removed 99% of my videos. Only one or two remain, I think.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Vaell wrote: Did you create the background? Something that would improve it is having your own tag in the background that makes you stand out.
I took it from a website that offered them out, I downloaded Photoshop today along with a template, however, It is seemingly unable to work, seeing as for some reason it is preventing me from editing a blank canvas.

I'm working on my own custom background, which should hopefully be done soon.

However, the game reviews will be very much the style I'd prefer, I may try it with one or two short games perhaps to see!

As for the motto/catchphrase, Well, I've tried a few times to think of a catch-phrase, I.e. I say Friends instead of viewers, however, I've never generally had a good think about "This Welsh Player thinks" etc, and a Motto has never sprang at me.

As for the introductory few seconds. I'll leave that till later, at least, I haven't got much money at the moment to splash out on a nifty looking video.

Edit / Sidenote: Shameless advertising has worked, Now up by at-least thirty views, along with 3+ subscribers, which is a huge leap for me guys, I appreciate the advice and the continued support. I'm considering posting on a few other forums, however, I shall leave that for a while, as creating a new account and posting will seem quite "noobish". At least getting to know the community first will be a better idea, like I've done with this.

However! If you do know of a place where newbie commentators can place their videos in a mildly safe environment for dropping videos in, please post it in here.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Last edited by Eranth on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information.)
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 pm

I wish you had a Welsh accent :'((((((((((((((((((((
(((((((
(
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 am

I thought it was Faralan too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:36 am

Perturbo wrote:I thought it was Faralan too...

Fuuuuck yooooou D:
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 am

Eranth wrote:
Vaell wrote: Did you create the background? Something that would improve it is having your own tag in the background that makes you stand out.
I took it from a website that offered them out, I downloaded Photoshop today along with a template, however, It is seemingly unable to work, seeing as for some reason it is preventing me from editing a blank canvas.

I'm working on my own custom background, which should hopefully be done soon.

I'll just leave this here.

Also, intro videos ain't that hard to make after some basic knowledge in like Cinema4D, for example. Just learn the basics by watching tutorials on YouTube and you should be all set.
I used a VERY simple intro until I reached about 700 subs when I decided to make a better one. But I go by the motto Simplicity is powerful and I think my current background on youtube supports that as it was done in less than 5 minutes.

But as Vaell said, find your own niche. Something that you're almost alone with. Look at PewDiePie, he did playthroughs of Amnesia and screamed, literally, like a girl. He sticked out from the rest of the "badass" guys doing the same thing.

I had my own very special niche back in the day, I was the only one on my friendlist (of about 100) on Xbox who owned a capture card. Thus, many wanted to play with me and I earned about 70 subs just from that. People want to see themselves on YouTube for some reasons.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down