Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick questions about making char diary

+2
Sohan
Meemy
6 posters

Go down

Quick questions about making char diary Empty Quick questions about making char diary

Post by Meemy Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey guys, Dharious here.

Recently i bought all wow books, and reading them, gotta say i fell in love with them.
And in mean time, i am leveling new char for RP purposes...

I wanted to make him war veteran.... Since he is participating wars since 'Conjoined Invasion of Outland'

(it looked to me, that ever since WoW came out, it's ingame time real time 1 year IRL is 1 year in wow,that is one of the questions )

And i wanted to post char diary in story section if possible (won't be too big, won't be too small)
So i was wondering, if it is allowed to use more info than wow history , like add minor battles that never came to ears of azeroth citizens and such...

Diary will be a lot personalised it wont be about war itself but also about characters emotions ,feelings, what he saw... (he was not in every single battle) ,horrors that he saw, his thoughts ...etc...

So questions:
1# wow is Real Time game (when it comes to RP) right?
2# Am i allowed to go away from history, as always not everything is written in history books?

Thanks in advance
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Quick questions about making char diary Empty Re: Quick questions about making char diary

Post by Sohan Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:36 pm

1. That can be discussed.. Personally, I would say Yes. Ingame time is real time, it's easier to RP that way.

2. It's both a Yes and No from me. Sure, write stories about wars that's not in the history books as much as you want but I would refrain from doing so as much as you can.
A small scale battle is unlikely to end up in a history book so by all means write about one. Just don't make it too big.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Quick questions about making char diary Empty Re: Quick questions about making char diary

Post by Vaell Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Like Helrog said, not all battles would be documented, but don't make it hugely large scale like, e.g, the Wrathgate.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

General clashes between the Horde and Alliance would happen regularly, but all of those that have any significance in lore would be documented in quests and books. You could use the battlegrounds as some inspiration (Battle for Gilneas/Strand of the Ancients ect.) Or there's Tol Barad, Wintergrasp, Sourthern Barrens, Ashenvale and other zones that were updated in Cataclysm to reflect on-going warfronts/skirmishes and stuff.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 am

can someone give me link to major wow history... (if possible with years ,by the king)
I really wish to make this right.

(WoW Wiki barely has any year related (in game years) events, they just explain them, but thye dont say when it happened, which is really important for me...)

And i do agree with you Aldric..When it comes to quests...etc..
But i still think it would be nice to write something that is not cowered with quests...day without battle in some hold or garrison or similiar, normal scouting missions or we 5-6 of us runned into group of scourge/horde/demons... Things like that... When i said, add more than what is written in history, about those things i was thinking
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

This is a quite accurate timeline.
This could also be useful but it only show 'til Burning Crusade.

I also find this to be a good guide to get some understanding what their characters have witnessed if they are a certain age.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am

Should be alright, as long as you don't do anything that directly affects lore, then go ahead.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 am

Helrog wrote:This is a quite accurate timeline.
This could also be useful but it only show 'til Burning Crusade.

I also find this to be a good guide to get some understanding what their characters have witnessed if they are a certain age.

Thanks a bunch mate! Very Happy

Should be alright, as long as you don't do anything that directly affects lore, then go ahead.

Yes, it will not affect lore, at least it will not change it...Maybe mention some things,that ofc...Agree with lore.
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:19 pm

oh btw, since there are no actual dates... only years... i will use some random dates i pick, also i WILL mention that those dates (not years,only months and days) ARE just for the sake of making diary/journal... And are NOT accurate.

Hope that is ok,.

EDIT:
Oh and who to ask if i can get section in "the Library"?
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 am

Please write whatever story you want to write, and enjoy yourself while doing it. Even if it won't be accepted to fit into the "canon" by some of the members of the community, it can still be an entertaining and good story on it's own.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down