Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blades Reforged

3 posters

Go down

Blades Reforged Empty Blades Reforged

Post by Sabien Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

Sabien sighed as Kel'dos walked away from him. Well that went well...he thought wryly. Watching Kel swing onto his bike and angrily kick-starting it, he clenched is fist and smacked it into the palm of his other hand.
Looking around the ruin that had been the Blades base all that time ago he kicked open the old still solid door and went inside. Older, dustier and with a damp foisty smell in the air he looked around. Nothing much had changed, the chairs although grey with mildew were still where he remembered, the drinks table still there, the cobweb covered bottles still lined up. Memories crowded him, echoes of long forgotten voices rang in his mind.
"Blades are always that..remember it, if we are broken, it is the duty of the last ones remaining to build it again..." the words of their leader.
That was him, he was effectively the last elf standing, except for Kel of course. He had hoped he and Kel could work as equals within a new order, still hoped for it, but until Kel got his act together it wasn't going to happen.
He ran his hand through his hair. "Kel, you little twat..." he thought with a humourless grin.
After the recent events with Kel and Chey, Kel running away as he saw it, riding off without a word to sit alone and sulk somewhere, refusing to face up to the problems at home. Calls on comms, "I need to see you mate..." so he traipsed off to Gilneas without a second thought, squelching through feckin swaps in the pissin rain..and what did Kel do? feckin pissed off again when he didnt like what he'd been told. Sabien growled to himself as he mulled over the scenario again. Another call on comms..off he went again, met Kel again who was still fartin about undecided what to do about Chey and their arguement.
Something inside had snapped, he looked at Kel dithering about and he knew what to do. He smiled as he remembered the shocked look on Kels face as he ordered him as a four to get it sorted. Kel didn't argue, he werent happy about it but he nodded anyhow. Then some smart mouth remark as Sabien mounted his bike..he'd silently dismounted and strode back to face Kel.
"What?"
Kel had looked at him and repeated the remark. Sabien clenched his fist and let it fly hitting Kel square on the jaw.
"Get it sorted, I have jobs to plan, youre no good to me like this. I want this sorted tomorrow" he snapped angrily before walking away, leaving Kel swearing and nursing his jaw.

That should have been an end to it. Maybe he'd pushed it too far by calling Kel to him tonight, to tell him he was taking over command of the Blades until they were set up and their jobs planned. Whoa..he hadn't taken it well at all and half expected a challenge to the rank. That was after all how it worked, if Kel succeeded in knocking him around until he conceded the rank then good on him, but the challenge hadn't come. He knew Kel of old though, the ambitious, tenacious Blade who did what it took to get what he wanted and where he wanted to be. Aye, the challenge was bound to come.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Blades Reforged Empty Re: Blades Reforged

Post by Sabien Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am

A soft click in his ear from a comms unit being switched on "Chey?" came a voice in his ear.
"No mate it's me" he replied
There was silence for a moment. Little git still sulking then, I guess.
"Done anymore planning?" Kel asked.
"Cased the place yesterday, I need you in there to draw the plans"
"You ever led anything this big before?" Kel asked, a slightly taunting edge to his voice.
"Nope" Sab replied "But had never led a convoy raid before until the first time"
"Well if you think youre up to it...I'll follow you of course" again that taunt.
"You think Im not?" snapped Sabien
"Little defensive there mate" Kel shot back. "At least Ive worked the last twelve years"
"What did you say?" snarled Sab, the little twat trying to undermine him, throwing his imprisonment back at him. He resisted an urge to hit back with some snide remark about Kel running off to leave them.
"You took the rank Sab, perhaps its better if you led a couple of small jobs..just to show me and yourself youve still got it?"
Sab glowered and growled to himself, what the feck was Kel trying to do?
"Well you know what to do if you don't like it, if you think you can do better..." he replied.
Kel went silent for a moment.
"We settle this Blades way.." Kel said finally. "Victor calls the shots"
"You want to do that?" Sab asked, realising this was the challenge approaching.
"Blades way..."
"I accept" said Sab curtly.
"Old base time to suit you" said Kel, Sabien could almost hear the victory in his voice.
"Gimme an hour" snapped Sabien as he switched off his coms.

They arrived together, a cursory nod at each other as they mounted the steps to the old base in the Silvermoon ruins.
Sabien felt relieved that this was a fist fight and not blades, Kel he was certain could run rings around him with a dagger, fists, well that was different, he'd always been a fist fighter, known among the blades to have a punch like a siege engine. But as Kel had been only too keen to point out, he'd had twelve years inside, while Kel on the other hand had twelve years on the run, living off his wits and means. He had kept trained and fit but nevertheless the thought was there..could he lose?

They faced each other, both stripped to basic armour and no blades, after all this wasn't a fight to maim or kill, it was a show of strength, two males squaring up for herd dominance.
They circled around each other, both coiled in a fighters stance, eyeing each other for weakness in defences, each waiting an opportunity to spring or be sprung.

Kel threw a punch towards Sabs face, Sab feinted to one side, waiting for the punch to go wide, to unbalance his opponent and be ready to strike. Too late, the punch had been a dummy blow and Kels other fist impacted with Sabs face sending him reeling. Sab spun as he staggered, correcting his balance and countering with a wild punch, not meant to impact but a bonus if it did, but a maneuver intended to buy a split second while Kel dodged it.
Back on his feet he winked at Kel.."Nice move kid..."
He smirked beneath his mask as Kels eyes darkened with anger. "Thats right Kel..get mad at me, lose your temper..." he thought silently, he knew from years of fights that even the best, most experienced fighters could lose for failing to rein a temper.
Kel threw another punch, Sab hesitated a split second, feint or not...in that moment the punch landed home with a sickening thud on his cheek.
The blow was immediately followed through with a winding blow to the gut. "Ooof!" the breath gushed from his lungs. He slumped to his knees, arm across his abdomen. Kel moved swiftly inn, his foot poised to kick. Too late, Sab looked up and grinned and he grabbed Kels ankle and gave a lurch backwards, sending Kel sprawling on his back onto the hard ground. Pulling the knuckleduster from his belt he slipped it onto his hand and lunged towards Kel who was picking himself up.
Grabbing Kel by the scruff of his tunic he dragged him up and forward, the dustered fist striking Kels face, in Sabiens grasp he had nowhere to fall and roll, to avoid the sharp short barrage of punches that followed. One to the face, two to the gut, another powerful punch to the face, this time letting go of the tunic and sending Kel backwards into the dirt.

He moved in swiftly aiming a kick at Kels face, "Had enough yet ..kid?" he snarled. Again noting the look of temper in Kels eyes. "Tell you wh..."
his taunt was broken off as a handful of dirt hit his eyes, he just saw Kel roll to the side and his leg sweep around to knock him off balance. He hit the ground rolling. Ignoring the pain in his shoulder he sprang at his now upright opponent, the chance of a punch hitting was slim, instead he tackled Kel, and both fell to the ground. They wrestled in the dirt, each vying for the upper hand. Sabien was the bigger and stronger of the two and within a few minutes had Kel pinned to the ground, straddled over his chest, his knees holding Kel immobile across the arms, he raised his fist and sent a powerful punch into Kels face. He heard Kel groan and his body go limp.He got up. He looked down at the immobile Kel and aimed two short kicks at his head, not powerful kicks, but almost disdainful, a token gesture that symbolized his claiming victory.
He offered his hand to Kel. "Get up mate, we're done" he said.
Kel took the offered hand and Sabien hauled him to his feet.
Their hands still clasped they exchanged a battered grin.
"Your round mate..." said Kel.

Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel'dos Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm

A tight-lipped smile crept onto Kel'dos' face as Sabien doubled-over and fell to his knees. He had been right to challenge for leadership of the reformed Blades; his hunch was correct, the twelve years of imprisonment had taken it's toll on the former Four and as gang protocol dictated, if he could beat a higher rank into submission then he assumed that rank. Kel drew his booted foot back for the kick to the head that would draw a line under the challenge, the rest of the fight until Sab would finally admit defeat would just be a formality.

A surprisingly fast lunge from Sab and Kel grunted in surprise as he landed heavily on his back, in that split-second of smug hesitation Sab had taken the advantage and then lunging forward, grabbed Kel's tunic and hoisted him up. A brief flash of metal-clad knuckles and the world exploded in stars as the knuckleduster connected with the side of his head, quickly followed by two sharp jabs to the abdomen, winding Kel and as he doubled-up, a powerful punch to the face sent him flying back, again landing heavily on the dirt floor of the former Blades training area.

The world spun for a moment as Kel regained his focus to see Sabien standing above him, poised with a kick to claim victory. "...misjudged the Four, maybe just admit defeat now...." he thought as he sized up his chance of turning the fight again in his favour.

"Had enough yet...kid?" snarled Sabien.

Kel'dos felt a rush of anger at the taunt "...kid...". The room darkened around him as his anger rose, "I'm no feckin' kid" he thought angrily as with a swift, fluid movement he grabbed a handful of dirt, flinging it at Sabien's face as he forcefully swept his leg around, knocking Sabien off balance and swinging himself to his feet. A broken chair leg nearby caught his eye, he knew he'd be better with a weapon, but too late he looked back at Sabien who threw himself at Kel, knocking them both to the floor. Fists and kicks flew, rarely connecting with full force as each turned and twisted trying to get the punch that would turn the fight in their favour. Sabien had grown up fighting, had always been the best of the gang in unarmed combat and this soon showed as within minutes, he had Kel pinned and immobilised.

Kel strained to move, swearing in defiance as he saw Sabien pull back the punch that he knew would end the fight. The punch connected with full force and the world momentarily went black. As consciousness returned he felt two sharp kicks to his head, not hard enough to stun but enough to show that had Sabien wanted so, Kel'dos wouldn't have got up again.

"Get up mate, we're done" said Sabien simply as he stood looking down at Kel and then offered his hand.

Kel'dos took the offered hand and steadied himself as he was hauled to his feet. Sabien wasn't the Four he had reported to back then, and with loyalty fiercely to the member of the four you were assigned to, the underlying animosity to this other of the Four, from all those years ago, had surfaced on him assuming leadership. Kel tried to better him, and lost, but at least now he knew that Sabien as leader couldn't be questioned; he still had what it took, he was still a Four and Blades would be in good hands under his direction.

"Yeah...I can work for this Four...." thought Kel'dos as he grinned at Sabien; "Your round, mate..."
Kel'dos
Kel'dos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

"Be a love Sab" smiled Chey, "Can you nip up to the herbalist and pick me up a couple of Silverleaf?"
"Whut?" replied Sab absently, stirring himself from the sofa "now?"
"If you want to eat tonight then yes..now" Chey called from the kitchen where she was preparing a meal for her, Kel and their almost resident house-guest Sabien.
"Can't Kel...?" he started but hauled himself up anyway. The air would do him good, he was dropping off here in the warm ambient apartment. "Aye.."
The herbalist was just a short walk from the apartment but he took his bike anyway, the novelty of the machine still not completely worn off.

Killing the not yet warm engine, he dismounted and walked towards the shop. "Feckin flowers..." he muttered as his nose started to itch.

A sharp prod in the small of his back stopped him in his stride. "Hold it there, nice and easy..." came a hissed voice behind him. "Quickly just do as youre told and I won't use it...hand over your gold."
Sabien smiled coldly under the mask he always wore when out in his Blade colours. "Cheeky fecker", he thought but slowly raised his hands, let the little git think he was getting a soft target. Sabiens mind worked quickly, petty thief, quite desperate to pull a mugging in broad daylight in the city.
"Thats better" said the voice softly "Keep them raised"
A hand reached down to pull the pouch from his belt.Sabien waited until the hand was almost touching then quickly bent his arm and with a powerful backward stab, sent his elbow into the face of his mugger.
"Never tire of that sound" he thought as the crack of bone against bone signalled his impact. he heard the dagger drop and a yell of pain and surprise and as he spun on his foot saw the assailant lurch backwards into the bushes.
In a stride he had covered the distance, his fist clenched he dragged the attacker upright, his fist jabbed short hard and fast, pulling the unfortunate back towards him he readied for the blow he was about to send, the blow he'd decided was going to leave this little shit dead. He grinned as he drew back his fist. The attackers tattered tabard caught his eye and he pulled his punch. Black tabard, gold livery, two crossed blades on the chest. The old blades colours. For a second he felt numb, speechless almost nauseated with the odd feeling of not being quite there. This couldn't...
"Where did you get that tabard?" he finally asked
The other elfs eyes looked defiantly at him.
"It's mine..."
"Not what I asked..where did you get it?"
The smaller elf looked at Sabs clenched fist, saw the coldness in his eyes, knew instinctively his life really did hang on what he said. He settled for the truth.
"memento from the past, colours of the gang I used to be with before..." the elfs words trailed off.
"they were broken up..." finished Sabien and unclenched his fist.
The elf looked up at Sabien, his eyes puzzled.
"How did...?" he started, then broke off with a gasp as Sabien pulled off his mask. "You..."
"Take the mask off" Sabien demanded The elf nodded and pulled the mask off, Sabien studied the face, aye was vaguely familiar, couldnt put a name to it, but he'd seen him before.
"You know who I am?" asked Sabien
"Yeah, you were that vicious bas..." he started without thinking, pulling himself up sharply as he realised just what he was saying to whom. "You were a Four...not mine, but I remember you"
Sab nodded smiling grimly.
"Names Sab" he said
The elf looked incredulous "I can call you Sab?"
"It's my name, you aint in the Blades now"
The elf sighed.
"You were in the raid?" Sabien asked
The elf nodded "Got four years, out in two for good behaviour and sent into military service to serve the rest." he replied looking somewhat embarrassed.
Sabien nodded. "I did twelve, no good behaviour" he grinned wryly.
"So what do you do now..Sab?" the elf asked.
"Always been a blade pal, know nothing else"
The elf looked up, hope showing in the previously desolate eyes. "There are more...?"
Sab shook his head.
"Theres me Im the only four left, Kel'Dos is still alive, the three of us, Me, Kel and his wife are setting up again.."
"You leader?"
Sabien nodded.
"Let me join Sab, I'll start as a rat..I'll prove myself to you, I can be a Blade again..I'm good with potions and poisons...all at your disposal..please Sab..let me come back?" there was an almost urgent pleading to his tone.
Sabien looked at him and considered for a moment. The guy looked and sounded sincere, still Blade enough to wear the old colours. Probably been alone mostly since he got out.
"I'll give you a try-out, prove to me you still got what it takes and I'll think about letting you join again"
"Thanks Sab I won't let you down..."
Sabien nodded. "A few ground rules, if Im not around you do as Kel says, Chey his wife does not give orders in Blades, she's strictly off limits- you know what Im talkin about- if Kel catches you looking he'll thrash you and I wont stop him"
He nodded. "I need someplace to stay..."
Sabien nodded "Old base..officers quarters, clean it up, pick anywhere except the top floor"
"Why not there?"
Sabien raised a brow, cocky kid questioning orders already?
"First because its mine and second because I feckin say so, don't start questioning orders..." Sabien growled, smirking as he saw the elf flinch.
"Sorry..aye anywhere but there" he replied "You won't regret this..I swear it"
"Whats your name?" Sab asked indifferently.
"Alius " he replied.
Sab nodded then grinned offering his arm which the younger elf clasped firmly.
"Welcome home"

Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliusunum Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 am

Alius stood in the doorway and looked at his handiwork with a satisfied smile. The former Blades officer's quarters room was again habitable, albeit not close to the standard enjoyed by the previous occupant, it was at least a roof over his head.

Sabien had said he could take any room on the ground or first floor of the officer quarters of the old abandoned Blades base, the top floor was that used by the former Four and he had made it clear that it remained out of bounds. The first floor would have been occupied by those reporting directly to the Four and would be far better than the almost barracks-like rooms he'd shared back in the main building as one of the lower ranks. He'd pulled the boards off a few of the windows before finding one with the glass still intact and then cleared out the broken bits of furniture, salvaging a chair and small table from another room. His bed-roll lay along the end wall, under the window, his need to be close to an escape route a hang-over from the raid those twleve years previously that had resulted in a two year imprisonment, followed by another two years in military service to Silvermoon. He'd kept his head down and played the obedient loyal subject during his time, ensuring that his freedom was granted at the end. He'd been luckier than many, being of a low rank had it's advantages. After release he'd left Quel'thalas and tried to start again elsewhere, but always ended up slipping into petty crime. Returning to Silvermoon only a couple of days ago, he'd managed to mug a fomer Four...."it would be funny if it weren't so feckin' painful" he thought.

With a yawn, Alius shoved the door closed behind him, the hinges complaining at sudden use after all the years of resting. Tomorrow he'd get the place cleaned up a bit, fix the hinges and start to set-up a small alchemy lab; he'd recklessly promised all sorts of useful potions and poisons to Sabien in the hope of getting a place back in the gang and tomorrow he'd better work on delivering or else....Alius gingely touched his bruised face, still aching from the flurry of punches from his failed attempt to mug Sabien..."yeah...he had to prove his use else he was out"... and he had no doubt that Sabien stuck to the old ways in this also - beating until unconscious and then dumped - most crawling away and never daring to even return to the base for their personal belongings.

Alius blew out the candle on the table and curled up on his bed-roll, the faint light of the moon through the bare window further leaching the colour from the faded paintwork. He smiled to himself as he thought on Sabien's words "Aye...I'll give you a try-out, prove to me you still got what it takes and I'll think about letting you join again.." he knew he would accept starting at the bottom again as a Rat, anything to get back in the gang and have the kudos of the Blades colours for real again; gang life suited him, he wasn't good on his own. With a final yawn he closed his eyes and drifted off into a restless sleep; the old base awakening the memories of the raid and the terror it brought.

Aliusunum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Sabien slammed his fist into the wooden door, if it hurt him he gave no indication of it except to spin even angrier than before if such a thing were possible. Kel'dos looked at him curiously, a half smirk somewhere between amusement and resignation. Sab in a bad mood was nothing unusual to him but the two new recruits to their ranks looked on with pale faces and wary eyes.
"That feckin green skinned git and his nancy boys have pissed me off once to often..." growled Sab in his rage. " What a feckin creation over a feckin glass..."
Kel nodded remembering the drama the goblin had created over Sabien helping himself to a glass. Sab had rolled his eyes and walked away cursing under his breath but the green git had refused to let it lie, refusing to serve them until they said please and thank you in orcish but refused to give them glasses.
"Who the feck does he think he is?" stormed Sabien "I'm beginning to think that lady of yours has a fair point..."
Kel nodded.
"I'm here you know Sab" laughed Chey cautiously
Sab turned to face her, his eyes filled with fury, Chey blanched and Kel stepped forward hand towards the hilt of his dagger. Sabien pulled up and ran a hand through his hair.
"Aye..I see" he replied and offered a half hearted smile. "I wont forget it...green skinned bastard..."
"It's not on" said Chey emphatically "They have no right to demand we speak their ugly tongue in our own city, no right at all to tell us what to do, they only get away with it because our Bloodknights are too weak and ineffectual to stop them, its time the Sin'Dorei stood up to be counted...have they forgotten what we are?"
Sabien held up his hand for silence. "Aye Chey I know your feelings on the matter" he gave a dry laugh, "What would you suggest? a bombing or three?"
Chey opened her mouth to continue her retaliation but closed it again as she realised Sabien was just taking his mood out on whoever spoke first.
"Little bastard could use a kickin..." muttered Kel.
Sabien turned to Kel and laughed "Youre not wrong Kel" and his face became thoughtful.
A discussion ensued mainly between Kel and Sab with occasionally the newer two offering a word when asked.
"As he never seems to leave the inn except to walk out with some fancy boy a public kicking is probably not the best course" said Sab, Kel'dos agreed.
"The bloodknights would certainly come running then" agreed Chey. "Must uphold the peace, even at the expense of our right to speak our language, must keep the goblin happy..." her voice dripped vehement sarcasm.
"Do the place over" said Kel and Sab together, exchanging a grin as their thoughts worked in tandem.
"Smash the place up, walk in, leave Chey at the bazzar door to stop anyone else coming in, Shoto at the other door, you me and Alius take the bats and smash whatever gets in the way, including skulls if necessary" Sab suggested with a grin.
Kel grinned back and nodded. "In, smash the place, out, back to base and out of gear, seperate ways and meet at Murder Row inn"
Sab nodded his agreement and Chey smiled, The goblin deserved this, had it coming, and perhaps she could use the unrest afterwards to further her own aim.
The five sat down in their base and started to discuss their tactics. "When?" asked Chey
Sab and Kel exchanged a grin, their eyes lit with the thrill of a job. "Just let me finish my coffee and we'll be off..." laughed Sab.

Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down