Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing a Sayaad (succubus)

+20
Valerias
Shaelyssa
Dreaker
Ivrian
Sullee Swiftspeech
Frostfeather
Drustai
Sanara
Vaell
Gesh
Jeanpierre
Coppersocket
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Braiden
Seranita
Ixirar
erwtenpeller
Nessra Sunwhisper
Vardrek/Burgen
Thondalar Stormleaf
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Playing a Sayaad (succubus) Empty Playing a Sayaad (succubus)

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 am

I need some help from you Loremasters here, as finding info here is quite hard on this. I would prefer some productive information here, and not bashing on how terrible it is to play a char like this. She is not intended for erp, so don't go on about that :-)

What I mostly need to know, is what abilities and spell they can use.

I mean, I know of Charming and Touch of pain, which you see when summoning her as a warlock.
I need as much info as I can get, as Wowwiki is very vague and give little clear information.

Be nice to me!
*hopes for good replies*

Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Playing a Sayaad (succubus) Empty Re: Playing a Sayaad (succubus)

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 am

When all else fails looks for IRL lore on it to help expand and make yer own unique one whilst staying in the confines of the WoW universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

They all about the sex though.....i mean it's obvious when you lookee at the in game model...it's no nursery teacher.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

Burgen wrote:When all else fails looks for IRL lore on it to help expand and make yer own unique one whilst staying in the confines of the WoW universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

They all about the sex though.....i mean it's obvious when you lookee at the in game model...it's no nursery teacher.

But I also need spells and abilities though. And I know they are all about sex, but that can still be avoided by fadeouts and such.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

For spells anything demonic is the succubus playground throw in some illusion spells etc as for abilities possibly have some abilities to affect emotions anger,hate,love/lust,sadness for co-ercing people to do things.

Alongside the usual stuff that they do like torture and pain they're also subtle so spells that can be subtle are a good way to go for the sayaad/succubi.....think of them a as a cross between BDSM and James Bond/Jason Bourne Espionage/Intelligence.

Just use a bit of imagination.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am

It'll look nothing like the pixels on the screen though.
I personally shrug off any character who claims to be a dragon, succubus or vampire as a mentally unstable person who was most likely traumatized by the war, instead of actually playing along with their chosen race. Some people go as far as to completely ignore people who roleplay such things.
Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to just pick something else to RP than a succubus?
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Nessra/Vrenya wrote:It'll look nothing like the pixels on the screen though.
I personally shrug off any character who claims to be a dragon, succubus or vampire as a mentally unstable person who was most likely traumatized by the war, instead of actually playing along with their chosen race. Some people go as far as to completely ignore people who roleplay such things.
Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to just pick something else to RP than a succubus?

RP is all about imagination though. I RP several different characters who are exactly like the pixels show. Besides, she use illusion magic to appear as a normal Draenei. I dunno. You might not like it, other might not like it, but I think its a interesting different thing to play.

As I said in my initial post, I was looking for help with spells and other lore, not bashing at my choice of character :-)

Last edited by Adrianna Leeria Maldoran on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Burgen wrote:For spells anything demonic is the succubus playground throw in some illusion spells etc as for abilities possibly have some abilities to affect emotions anger,hate,love/lust,sadness for co-ercing people to do things.

Alongside the usual stuff that they do like torture and pain they're also subtle so spells that can be subtle are a good way to go for the sayaad/succubi.....think of them a as a cross between BDSM and James Bond/Jason Bourne Espionage/Intelligence.

Just use a bit of imagination.

Cheers for the info. What about fel fire?
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

I've always liked the idea of roleplaying a Draenei as a succubus. Why not? They where styled after them...

The -most important- thing you need to think about is your master. As a demon, you have been summoned to Azeroth to serve a master.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

Also, RPing a loose succubus would make you an enemy of every player in the game as the Demons are enemies of even the Warlocks they serve (Queens of Suffering, the most powerful Sayaads, make it a point to actively seek out warlocks controlling Succubi minions to slay them and free their brethren) and make you an obvious target of endless waves of mary-sueish accusations.

It's sort of like RPing a Demon Hunter or a Titan etc. etc., Lore-wise it makes sense that they exist and obviously they're not a lore-lol by any stretch, but they are within the "DO NOT DO IT" territory.

If you're dead set on RPing a Sayaad though, the only concrete spells they'd have would be what you see them using in WoW. They also generally have a strong affinity with fel magic (they use firebolt in WC3, which was a spell that only warlock/demons have in that game). Some of them are able to banish other demons. They also have the spells required to manipulate every single emotion you'd need to RP the perfect BDSM adventure. Fear, pain, lust etc. Aside from this, generally just mix it up with appropriate warlocks spells.

I must stress it again though, DON'T PLAY A SAYAAD.

PS. Draenei were styled after Eredar, not Sayaad.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 am

Fel fire is in the realm of demonic magic.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 am

Debri wrote:PS. Draenei were styled after Eredar, not Sayaad.
Female Draenei are styled after Succubi.
Male Draenei are styled after more generic demon-kin.
Dreanei in general are not "styled after" Eredar, they are Eredar.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

Debri wrote:Also, RPing a loose succubus would make you an enemy of every player in the game as the Demons are enemies of even the Warlocks they serve (Queens of Suffering, the most powerful Sayaads, make it a point to actively seek out warlocks controlling Succubi minions to slay them and free their brethren) and make you an obvious target of endless waves of mary-sueish accusations.

It's sort of like RPing a Demon Hunter or a Titan etc. etc., Lore-wise it makes sense that they exist and obviously they're not a lore-lol by any stretch, but they are within the "DO NOT DO IT" territory.

If you're dead set on RPing a Sayaad though, the only concrete spells they'd have would be what you see them using in WoW. They also generally have a strong affinity with fel magic (they use firebolt in WC3, which was a spell that only warlock/demons have in that game). Some of them are able to banish other demons. They also have the spells required to manipulate every single emotion you'd need to RP the perfect BDSM adventure. Fear, pain, lust etc. Aside from this, generally just mix it up with appropriate warlocks spells.

I know they are, but it fit better then a human female did. I dunno. I wanna play her, and if she die, then she die, and I rename her and make her into a normal draenei.

I have some plots planned with her for now, which I personally will see as fun for myself. Besides, I am going to tone down the powers of her abilities. I personally hate Mary-sues's. I know when to hold back.

Last edited by Adrianna Leeria Maldoran on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Debri wrote:PS. Draenei were styled after Eredar, not Sayaad.
Female Draenei are styled after Succubi.
Male Draenei are styled after more generic demon-kin.
Dreanei in general are not "styled after" Eredar, they are Eredar.

<3
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 am

Playing a succubus is like any other crazy concept. It can be done if you do it well. I've had several encounters on Delidah with a person who used a female draenei to portray a succubus to great effect, including the master/servant relationship.

But this is freaky stuff, it will be frowned upon, and if you do it right, it will border on eRP.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 am

Debri wrote:Also, RPing a loose succubus would make you an enemy of every player in the game as the Demons are enemies of even the Warlocks they serve (Queens of Suffering, the most powerful Sayaads, make it a point to actively seek out warlocks controlling Succubi minions to slay them and free their brethren) and make you an obvious target of endless waves of mary-sueish accusations.

Their is a difference though with a Titan or a Daemon Hunter, those are very strong beings who do alot of fighting on their own....whilst the succubus may rely on other other methods rather than force...the succubus in the end has a quite large weakness to melee and the devoted/incorruptable it's not something OP running around...though it is something that if it comes out of the blue people will shun it cus well first thing goes through peoples minds with succubi is "OMG LOL ERP!" as well as the fact Rp'ing one can be a bit difficult.

Possibly to develop the succubus character i would look at female vampires from bram stoker and other novels/films/games.

Such as the Lahmia from Warhammer fantasy they did alot of seducing in their time though it is not their lore you should focus on but the tales of seduction and their hunting and co-oercing of those with authority and power.

Or even look at Game of the Thrones or any Nobles they all have something you can use to set out the way the character will behave... the character must also blend in normally with the surrounding people develop a guise that will fool those who come prying where the succubus does not want them to pry..as well as frame innocents to lure people off from her scent perhaps.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Playing a succubus is like any other crazy concept. It can be done if you do it well. I've had several encounters on Delidah with a person who used a female draenei to portray a succubus to great effect, including the master/servant relationship.

But this is freaky stuff, it will be frowned upon, and if you do it right, it will border on eRP.

Border, but not necessarially doing. But again, as I stress on the initial post. I wanted lore and spells, nothing more then that. Why can't that just be respected :-(
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:03 am

Burgen wrote:

Their is a difference though with a Titan or a Daemon Hunter, those are very strong beings who do alot of fighting on their own....whilst the succubus may rely on other other methods rather than force...the succubus in the end has a quite large weakness to melee and the devoted/incorruptable it's not something OP running around...though it is something that if it comes out of the blue people will shun it cus well first thing goes through peoples minds with succubi is "OMG LOL ERP!" as well as the fact Rp'ing one can be a bit difficult.

Possibly to develop the succubus character i would look at female vampires from bram stoker and other novels/films/games.

Such as the Lahmia from Warhammer fantasy they did alot of seducing in their time though it is not their lore you should focus on but the tales of seduction and their hunting and co-oercing of those with authority and power.

Or even look at Game of the Thrones or any Nobles they all have something you can use to set out the way the character will behave... the character must also blend in normally with the surrounding people develop a guise that will fool those who come prying where the succubus does not want them to pry..as well as frame innocents to lure people off from her scent perhaps.

I am planning to keep her teasing, but nothing really more then that. People might think erp, but that is not my intentions at all, and its not difficult to write that in my status message.

I know well how to tone down my chars, as I am not fan of OP things at all.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

wwell I dont know why the negetivity here.. a lot of frowning.. all I can say is look up the wow lore.. irl lore and finsd a nice level of witch to base it on..

when monny was a succubous for the day on oposite day on apral fools.. I had a hell of a laugh pulling it off...
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 am

I think this is a way more fun idea then using generic summoned succubusses as a warlock. I have a little side project that may be able to assist with the master part, seeing as it's a new character it's possible to adapt it to your plots aswell

Edit: might be worth checking this out: http://www.wowpedia.org/Succubus it's not much but it's something.

Last edited by Braiden on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am

Adrianna Leeria Maldoran wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:Playing a succubus is like any other crazy concept. It can be done if you do it well. I've had several encounters on Delidah with a person who used a female draenei to portray a succubus to great effect, including the master/servant relationship.

Border, but not necessarially doing. But again, as I stress on the initial post. I wanted lore and spells, nothing more then that. Why can't that just be respected :-(
Because what exact "spells" she can do is possibly the least important aspect of roleplaying anything. If you don't have a lot of inspiration you can just yank them out of game mechanics, otherwise, anything to do with seduction and mind control, fel stuff, it's all one big open playground for you to find your characters abilities in.

The abilities come from the underlying concept of the character.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Why a Succubus though? Could you not have chosen a Felguard or some generic demon? There are many options to go about demon/possession roleplay, just curious as to why you chose this over others as I don't think you mentioned.

Thanks.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 pm

...Because succubi are fun, and the Draenei female model is absolutely perfect for it? Because succubi have the option of being a bit more subtle then "RAARW DEMON SMASH"? Because succubi are sexy?

because he/she thinks it will be a fun experience to portray one?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeah.. I was asking her :p
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I find RPing any other race than what we've been given to play with, very dumb. I won't really explain myself on this point, it should be fairly obvious.

But I won't decide things for you. Do as you wish, have fun with your relatively 1dimensional character.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Coppersocket wrote:have fun with your relatively 1dimensional character.
What a mean assumption to make :<

We play classes that arn't availible in the game all the time how is that more acceptable, mrs "Shadow Berserker"? >_>
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next