Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall

+12
Drustai
Grufftoof
Timna
Raelan
Skarain
Lexgrad
Ledgic
Jeanpierre
Vaell
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Dorothee/Duvaineth
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall Empty Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Has anyone claimed Mortwakes tower IC for rp? If not then does anyone RP at that tower? Im asking because my guild may have ic interest in that specific location.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall Empty Re: Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall

Post by Sanara Mon May 07, 2012 1:41 am

What is with people's obsession lately about "claiming" buildings? Wh'ever happened to RP being an open world of free-flowing ideas taking precedence over "I call dibs"? Maybe it's just my impression but I think I can recall a good 4-5 threads about it over the past few months.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall Empty Re: Question on Mortwake's Tower in Westfall

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 07, 2012 2:22 am

Sanara wrote:What is with people's obsession lately about "claiming" buildings? Wh'ever happened to RP being an open world of free-flowing ideas taking precedence over "I call dibs"? Maybe it's just my impression but I think I can recall a good 4-5 threads about it over the past few months.

Now, now. I'm sure they don't mean they are going to 'claim it'. They just don't want to intrude on other people.

As far as I know, the tower is not used, even if it was I am sure you could use it without clashing with a previous occupant, as Sanara said though, avoid saying that you claim it, you simply use it.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon May 07, 2012 10:48 am

I've not seen anyone there.

Sanara, it works well for guilds to own locations as you know where to go to find them and ICly it makes sense.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 am

Aye... but to make it "easier" or to be on the safe side, it works well to assume you "have been granted permission to use this building". IE: the Disciples do not own the Garrison, or City Hall for that matter, but they have been granted permission to use it. Should someone else come along with the same statement, then the cooperation can be worked out ICly instead of needing to debate who's right OOCly.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon May 07, 2012 11:13 am

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:Aye... but to make it "easier" or to be on the safe side, it works well to assume you "have been granted permission to use this building". IE: the Disciples do not own the Garrison, or City Hall for that matter, but they have been granted permission to use it. Should someone else come along with the same statement, then the cooperation can be worked out ICly instead of needing to debate who's right OOCly.

This really.

However, it applies more to locations that have the potential to be of frequent use. Where this tower is concerned, I'm unsure whether I've ever seen a guild/group of people make any potential claim. So, really, either way works for this location. Just use it Wink
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 07, 2012 2:44 pm

o/ Hai Lil!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm

If you roleplay there regularly, making it a Rp hub of its own, like Westbrook Garrison (Disciples), Pig & Whistle (Blades...well used to >_>) or Northshire Abbey (Chapter) go for it!

(And no, no-one is using it regularly at the moment to my knowledge, so its all yours in my opinion.)

Question...what is the serverlore of the tower? What have it been used for in ages past? Just curious
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm

In terms of server lore, incredibly little. As I said, I can't recall anyone making use of it at all. Though, heck, I've been here for a long time, I've probably forgotten >>'
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Skarain wrote:If you roleplay there regularly, making it a Rp hub of its own, like Westbrook Garrison (Disciples), Pig & Whistle (Blades...well used to >_>) or Northshire Abbey (Chapter) go for it!

(And no, no-one is using it regularly at the moment to my knowledge, so its all yours in my opinion.)

Question...what is the serverlore of the tower? What have it been used for in ages past? Just curious

Ledgic Caan wrote:In terms of server lore, incredibly little. As I said, I can't recall anyone making use of it at all. Though, heck, I've been here for a long time, I've probably forgotten >>'

Practically nothing in the server lore, I think every evil person has sorta.. Stopped off there, or met people there, but to my knowledge no one has ever stayed there long term.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Mon May 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Ok...then my guid will attept to get ic permission from the council to use it in the upcomming future...if anyone else uses it we wont have a problem all are welcome to rp Smile and Hi lexy Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 pm

...For fucks sake, Council doesnt give permission to people for use of buildings etc, why don't people get this already.

This seems like the ship-shit in SW harbour all over again.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Raelan for IC reasons my guild will need permission...we are an Ebon Military order...we use necromany and so on, we are not part of the alliance but neutral.... its only logical we get permission to use a tower within SW land, and for reasons it may interest SW: to have a bunch of dks defending the borders of Westfall far from civilization , wed be fignting cultists worgens and undead that may try to cross the borders of Darkshire to westfall. Also on the necromany part wed need permission to use it to heal dks only and to fight the three types of threats i mentioned above. It will be an intersting attemt to get SW to agree and it would offer rp to my guild and others if we were to achive our goal....
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm

You could just claim the empty tower, inform the minister of defense of your defensive plans with it and try to get minister of magic to approve necromancy for healing (and other), but no need to ask the permission to use tower Ic'ly...its abandoned anyways.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Off topic:
Isn't that tower phased?

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 pm

No, it isn't. Not unless you're on one specific quest afaik.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Raelan is correct regarding whether you need to ask the council about anything. You're better off just informing us about it.

And uh, with regards to the necromancy and such, if your character wants to be that truthful about it, then by all means, but I really wouldn't suggest even mentioning that xD
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Mon May 07, 2012 11:26 pm

nope its phased only when ur doing the pre dm quest

Last edited by Lady Dawn on Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Raelan wrote:...For fucks sake, Council doesnt give permission to people for use of buildings etc, why don't people get this already.

You know you are shouting at a new member to the community with 11 posts and clearly does not know this. Do try to be a bit more pleasant, no need to swear at them.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue May 08, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks for the info. I apreciate the time everyone took to help me on this Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Raelan wrote:...For fucks sake, Council doesnt give permission to people for use of buildings etc, why don't people get this already.

You know you are shouting at a new member to the community with 11 posts and clearly does not know this. Do try to be a bit more pleasant, no need to swear at them.
To be fair, Lady Dawn could tear him a new one!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

A new member on the forums isn't per se a new member on the server

And I think this is the case here.

Last edited by Raelan on Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 am

Echoing what's been said.

You don't need to ask permission from anyone IC or OOC to use a building. It is nice, however, to inform people you're planning or are using something. That's courteous, and gosh-darnit could also help setting up potential RP (well I never).

"Claiming" you "own" a building is something that I've posted about before. And something that irks me massively. So I won't go further into that.

I'd tread lightly on IC information that states you're taking a tower in the area to slaughter virgins, bathe in the blood of newborns and summoning the dead though... of course you won't be doing any of those things I'm sure. But the pitchfork wielding mob outside don't know that. All they see are monsters (necromancers).
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

Any necromancy within the borders of the Kingdom of Stormwind (not just the city), even in the tower, would be illegal, unless the Council has given explicit permission that the laws do not apply there (and I imagine they won't give said permission).

Even for healing other undead (I believe the Shroud asked for this right but was denied). Standard healing techniques work on healing undead, therefore there is no reason why Stormwind would permit the use of necromancy to do so.

So be careful on how much you reveal IC.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 am

While truthfully I have little to add to this thread... Necromancy?!
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next