Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dredging up a set-aside subject...

+3
Zhakiri
Shrogan
Cathee Norris
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dredging up a set-aside subject... Empty Dredging up a set-aside subject...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I'd really like to re-mention the possibility of a "Horde Misfits" group forum.

Of the 9 current group forums (one of them being the Moderators'), only 3 of them are Horde-only, and 2 of these are for specific races. The third is meant for The Covenant. True, it is an option for those who don't have any, but not all of us are involved in Covenant activities, thus why some of us haven't chosen this option.

And that's why I'd like to propose a 4th Horde usergroup, specifically for those who don't belong in the Troll Tribes, the Forsaken and the Covenant. Why? Because some of us RP in a way that excludes us from these groups. Either we don't have race-specific characters that fit with the race-specific groups, or perhaps we RP in such a way that we are not meant to be included in the Covenant (or for OOC reasons, don't fit with this [or all] groups). Heck, even SGE considered itself apart from The Covenant, for quite a while.

I believe a group that could encompass the "Horde misfits" would be a benefit for many. Other names for it could be (and no disrespect intended) Horde Freaks, Horde Loners, Horde Lone Wolves, etc. Horde Misfits could also serve as an option.

My two cents. Wink

Back to top Go down

Dredging up a set-aside subject... Empty Re: Dredging up a set-aside subject...

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm still wondering what such a group would be there for? As those groups that are there are not for chatting. Its for laws, maps, event-planning, and such alike. What I'm trying to say, are these 'Lone Wolves' an actual IC group in that case? That needs a hidden forum to discuss things that does not concern everyone that is not part of any bigger groups?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

So a group for the people who don't belong to a group... wut?

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I see plenty of RP potential in this Misfits group. Why not use it to organize events? Some of us not in guilds might not have the connections to be able to participate in the non-forum-advertised events that occur.

And maybe even those of us who do know about it might not be considered welcome if we do show up. That's a sad truth, but a possible one. I could name a few such individuals, but I don't think that's necessary.

Like vagabonds, some of us could leave IC "messages" to others, giving warnings, promoting places considered "safe havens," etc.

You ask, "Why is this necessary?"

I ask, "Why is it not necessary?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

You're not an IC organization, you have no need for a forum dedicated to randomly talking about being a random member of the Horde.

You have OOC and General and even, if you really wanted to, IC for that.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Shrogan wrote:So a group for the people who don't belong to a group... wut?

Is that a hint for me to apply to the Troll Tribes usergroup? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm

"Why?"
"Why not?"
"No reason."
"Well then, no reason to make it either."

Feel free to but... you don't have a troll anymore Sad

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Shrogan wrote:Feel free to but... you don't have a troll anymore Sad

The saga continues.

Anyhow, please don't dismiss this idea right away. Consider it, I feel it has much potential.

Last edited by Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Shrogan, Your ass is mine!

On another note, what use would this group have?
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 pm

It would give people that have no place in another group a chance to give their name a funky colour.

That's it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:Some of us not in guilds might not have the connections to be able to participate in the non-forum-advertised events that occur.

That is why advertising in the IC section is on the forum. Usually it say there who is welcome (and usually that is all, when its a big advertisement). Anyone can advertise there, even people not in guilds. In such a case more people would spot it also and you'd be more likely to succeed with an event.

And maybe even those of us who do know about it might not be considered welcome if we do show up.

Thats also why guilds and IC groups have their sub-forums. If they want a private event they take it there so I don't see that as an issue at all.

Like vagabonds, some of us could leave IC "messages" to others, giving warnings, promoting places considered "safe havens," etc.

You can use the private message option for this also. That is what that is for, to send private messages to one or several people. You can use this ICly, I've already done so on several occasions myself.

You ask, "Why is this necessary?"

I ask, "Why is it not necessary?"

I'm not asking why. I'm mostly saying it isn't. If you're not in a IC group then I only see it as "I'm not part of anything, but I want a cool color also!" really. I don't think it would be used, and even if it was, most of the usages could well be done in PM's. The groups that are there are for bigger groups with one, two, three or more guilds involved, people with alts and such alike to keep contact for events only between those groups or discussions etc. I mean, if you are not in a guild, then you don't really have anything that needs discussing on a big scale like that, with people that are also not in a guild. As if all unguilded people were one guild to themselves.

Although with that said, there are still groups in progress of making. The only thing is there is a slight issue of picking moderators for such groups .
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Whats wrong with the current Blue one?

Though I would fancy pink, pink is badass.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Cut wrote:On another note, what use would this group have?

As stated before, it has potential for RP events, for those who have event ideas that are not guild-related.

It can be used as well for the "Misfits" to communicate, much like the homeless/vagabonds do (marks on certain houses mean the people will give food, or have a nasty dog, etc.).

That's just a beginning. As Archal once mentioned, some Horde-factioned characters don't even consider themselves as part of the Horde. This could also serve for them. Personally, I have plenty of ideas leaping around in my head regarding this subject. Sadly, I need to take off, however.

Curfew. *sigh* I'll gladly come back and discuss at a later time. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

It can be used as well for the "Misfits" to communicate, much like the homeless/vagabonds do (marks on certain houses mean the people will give food, or have a nasty dog, etc.).

So a group for talking smack about people?

@Shrogan: Lets not clog up the forums with spam, but lets just say you need to lube up for when I come back home.

Last edited by Cut on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Cut wrote:Shrogan, Your ass is mine!

Wot?!

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:That is why advertising in the IC section is on the forum. Usually it say there who is welcome (and usually that is all, when its a big advertisement). Anyone can advertise there, even people not in guilds. In such a case more people would spot it also and you'd be more likely to succeed with an event.

Thats also why guilds and IC groups have their sub-forums. If they want a private event they take it there so I don't see that as an issue at all.

Ever had people say, "If this person shows up, we're leaving?" and then had a close friend have to break it to you that you're not welcome, even if certain events are open for "everyone?"

Or being told, "No, you're not allowed in this guild, because this person, and this person, and this person are in it and they don't want you there and they'll all gquit if I let you in."?

I have. Many times. Sorry, but from personal experience, I can tell you that this does happen and you learn to know which events will earn you flames and pissed-off whispers, even when you have good intentions.

This is not my personal reason for wanting to encourage the consideration of this usergroup. It's not a "No one wants us, we'll hang out together" group, but I'd just like to point out that no, not all "everyone's invited" events are open to "everyone." Trust me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm

So you want a group that is dedicated to people that do want to RP with you?

:S
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Cut wrote:So a group for talking smack about people?

That's not tolerated on this forum (excluding the smack talk about the Goons), so it'd certainly not be tolerated in this usergroup either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:So you want a group that is dedicated to people that do want to RP with you?

:S

Yes, because I'm an attention-whore and I NEED FREINDS, PLXPLX?

No, not really. As I said, that's not my personal reason for suggesting this usergroup again. I just think the whole "everyone's invited" events are actually not open for everyone, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Ok, so "everyone's invited" events don't really exist.

Still, you haven't really justifyed the existence of the usergroup beyond, "A group for people that don't have a group".

I mean, random vagabond's nailing messages on doors can be done in the IC section...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:Ok, so "everyone's invited" events don't really exist.

Still, you haven't really justifyed the existence of the usergroup beyond, "A group for people that don't have a group".

I mean, random vagabond's nailing messages on doors can be done in the IC section...

Here, let me break it down:

Alliance Groups

Stormwind Guard-Guilds
Stormwind Council
Ironforge
Kal'dorei Society
Northern human Nations

Horde Groups

Troll Tribes
The Forsaken
The Covenant

The Alliance usergroups are well-balanced, there's a place for humans, nelves, dwarves, gnomes. Draenei can fit in many of those groups as well. Three of those groups, however, are race-specific.

But for Horde, you're either shoved in with the Trolls, the Forsaken, or your only other option is The Covenant, but not all of us participate with the Covenant activities. Perhaps a Blood Elf group could work, but that excludes a few people too. Maybe a "Generic Horde Races" group could do as well, perhaps not for misfits then. Either way, the Alliance members of this forum have lots more options than the Horde members.

If it is considered to create a "Generic Horde" forum, even the three other usergroups would be welcome, and potentially open up more "fun stuff" for the other Horde usergroups to post.

Anyhow, gotta run. Toodles!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Love, those forums aren't created for the sake of it...

They're made because there needs to be a place for those organizations to talk in private, generic horde or alliance topics have the entire IC forum for them.

This isn't about being fair, being balanced, this is about supply and demand for those groups that can justify the existence of another usergroup within the forum. No offence, but I just think you're not getting the point of the usergroups...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Reroll Alliance.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:Although with that said, there are still groups in progress of making. The only thing is there is a slight issue of picking moderators for such groups .
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Dredging up a set-aside subject... Denied
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum