Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc.

+13
Sorayah
Zhakiri
Rmuffn
Demurral
Ledgic
corleth
Jemerick
Braiden
Amaryl
Sullee Swiftspeech
erwtenpeller
Jeanpierre
Valerias
17 posters

Go down

[A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc. Empty [A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc.

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 pm

My character Annie is unable to have children, and has been wishing to find someone to consult about whether there's anything she can do about it. I'm curious if anyone is RPing a character who has knowledge of such matters, whether of a medical or spiritual bent. (As examples, she had been planning to speak to Rentarn, but then he left -- and then to Nevarda, but she seems to have left too.)

Essentially the kind of person she would like to talk to would be someone with a reputation for healing, but this could be anything from a kind priest to a skilled herbalist to some old crone renowned for mystical knowledge.

I apologise if this isn't a very specific post, but I am mainly just putting out feelers. Thank you!

Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

[A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc. Empty Re: [A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc.

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 am

Hmm... Unfortunately this is probably out of JP's league. Nursing a pregnant woman is one thing. Getting them pregnant.. Ahh well.. let's say that never was his forte Very Happy

But if none of the conventional medicine and tools work... Perhaps I could dust off Ragnilde. A not so fabled witch in service of Lord Mistmantle. On second thought, I'll leave the dust on her, for style.
She might be able to.. trade.. for such a service. But, she's a witch in the traditionally twisted sense. If she would have a reputation... it wouldn't be pretty.
She's my "twisted, dark fairytale" character, but I'm not sure that's everyone's cup of tea.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

[A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc. Empty Re: [A] Seeking a doctor/herbalist/wise-woman, etc.

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 am

Find a Shaman named "Saiary". I've got a hunch she's very well versed in these things.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am

Fuck yeh. Visit the famous Sullisimo. It is said he has remedies for everything.

He is one of Sullee's cons, but a desperate mind might make desperate moves.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 am

Visit Djego! he knows everything about getting buns in an oven.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

I totally recommend Ragnilde if you want a massively creepy and fun experience.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am

I'm not totally sure but i think he was called Ithric, who i met this week and played to be a doctor in an old fashioned sense. He seemed to be good.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am

Jemerick wrote:I'm not totally sure but i think he was called Ithric, who i met this week and played to be a doctor in an old fashioned sense. He seemed to be good.
I know who you're talking about, but it wasn't Ithric - thats one of Eira's characters. I forget the guys name...
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 am

My mistake.

I only remember it was something starting with 'I' i think and very similar to that name. Human male. I can't even recall the class. Doesn't anyone from the Action event on Monday remember?
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 am

Cheers for the responses folks! Keep 'em coming if you can think of anyone else.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:40 am

Or, alternatively, talk to the Gilneans about seeking out one of their druidic midwives, or else any female druids who may be able to help. You might happen across one.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am

I think Adenah has herbalist knowledge on the matter, and Annie's always been appriciated in the North!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

*cough* Orthur *cough*
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 pm

*Hisses at the hobo bloodmage*
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Sorayah would know a thing or two about such things, in case Annie has a thing for night elven treatments Twisted Evil
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Why would you "cure" the best thing about humping Annie?

Very Happy
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:39 pm

I got the name at last. He's called Icalor.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

Man'dol is a superb witchdoctor with remedies for just about everything! Assuming you can speak Troll.

Sanara is otherwise a pretty good witch without the doctor part, and pregnancies is one of her specialties (as a mother of a half-dozen, and as a long time healer both with and without magic)

Edit: Just saw this part

Annie wrote:Essentially the kind of person she would like to talk to would be someone with a reputation for healing, but this could be anything ..... some old crone renowned for mystical knowledge.

Yeah pretty much that.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions so far! I'll keep 'em in mind. I think really it's a case of finding someone she would like ICly. I may send some whispers around.

Also:

Quin wrote:Why would you "cure" the best thing about humping Annie?

Very Happy

Maybe he shoulda stuck with her, hm? *snicker*
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Shouldn't have cybored in a first place, now you're pregnant.
That's what happens! Deal with it!

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Someone needs to learn to read.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Who?

Ah you can't get pregnant, well in this case you can cybor all the way, my you are lucky one aren't you.

PS. Up for a short-term with a Dwarf?

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:43 pm

What's going on here?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Keep it classy, folks. I'm tired of clearing the spam out of my own thread.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

Annie wrote:Thank you all for the suggestions so far! I'll keep 'em in mind. I think really it's a case of finding someone she would like ICly. I may send some whispers around.

Also:

Quin wrote:Why would you "cure" the best thing about humping Annie?

Very Happy

Maybe he shoulda stuck with her, hm? *snicker*

I will smack a bitch. Even if she is my fake auntie!

Also Nevarda had an assistant that still plays I believe.
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down