Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore

4 posters

Go down

One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore Empty One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Can we recover by cannibalizing in the same way "lesser" Undead can?

Back to top Go down

One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore Empty Re: One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore

Post by Rmuffn Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Can't you just pop some necromancy spell on yourself instead?

Something the lesser undead can't - unless they're a necromancer of sort.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore Empty Re: One Question Regarding Death Knight Lore

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm

hmm i would probably say that the very same necromantic energies keeping them alive.. will act in a way to absorbing dead flesh to strengthen itself.. so its possible I suppose but it wouldnt be as affective as simply dousing oneself in necromantic energies from ones soul blade and a sheep
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Not that I would of course, I was just curious. Could be used in terror tactics I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 pm

well if monny saw a dk eating her frends leg off it shure as hell would scare the life out of her..
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Never done the cannibalizing bit myself. They can eat but it is valuless as the food simply rots inside the knight (Indeed keeping your knight from rotting is most important if you do not want to be RPing a shell in a year).

As Falalan said there are better ways, necromancy or Blood magic. Simply hurting stuff will repair your necromantic system that keeps you in undeath. In the field I have used Soulblades to heal. This does use up some of the blades powah ofc and is quite an inellegant form of healing.

Finally... you can use the light/life/other good guy stuff to heal. The big downer here is it heals but weakens your necromantic system greatly, leaving you as weak. (Did a full light purge on lex once and he could bearly hold a sword or stand. A gnome could solo him.)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 pm

It is unclear. It is never directly stated that they can, though the Acherus 'Mess Hall Guidelines' book implies that they are included in that ability.

For my part, I have not done this. I have just had a digestive system that leaves food to rot in the stomach, providing no benefit. I've left it as a possible piece of character development, something my research-oriented character might proceed to surgically 'add' to herself at a later date. That provides actual potential RP.

Really, it's up to you if you want to have the ability or not. Some DKs might have been built with it, others not.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 pm

hmm would drus like monny to experement in such a procedure once she has traind in surgical tecknekes.. that is if the dust settles with this latest drus adventure with the law Razz
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 pm

No, she would not. And I don't see why Monrena would -want- to considering it's necromancy and she has previously stated that she does not like necromancy.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:28 pm

hehe yeah she wouldnt its an ooc curiosity of mine not an ic one Razz I of corse would never have monny ask ic to do such but.. she does know that drus wants to become a true living again.. as logic goes.. if she can shed her necromantic side and become living.. she can then attone for all the wrongs she has done and try and enter the lights embrase.. if helping you gain a working digestive system is a step towards that.. she could ic'ly consider it.. thow the latest actions have proven to monny that drus still happily uses necromancy dispite its meanings and has potentialy lost not only her tutore but many frends in the proces.. she is ic not happy with drus right now and would never consider it.. bah.. im derailing again My origional point.. it wouldnt supprise me if some higher form undeads like dk's have working digestion for whatever reason.. may it be a torture tactic or for times of intence starvation in areas where food is also scares where the soul absorbed needs to last longer.. aka rationing
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 pm

It could certainly be interesting why a DK would (or even could) resort to such base, ah, "activities".

Was his animation somehow flawed? Did he gain an extra "perk"? Is he just a sick fuck?

Nigh endless possiblities Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Why would it make him a 'sick fuck'? It's actually less evil than their standard method, believe it or not. The standard method requires hurting living beings. The ghoul-cannibalism system enables them to not only consume an already-dead being, but, when expanded, would enable the consumption of certain types of normal food as well (any food that would have a high quotient of life energy... meat and blood in particular).

It's actually a superior capability from a moral standpoint. Which is probably why most DKs would not have it. DKs were made to be killing machines, thus limiting them to only being able to fuel themselves when they're actually killing a living being would be a good way to encourage them to fight and kill for the Scourge.

If a DK were to have ghoul-cannibalism, it would have to be a lucky flaw, yes, or the necromancer that raised him wanted him to be capable of being more 'efficient' than the standard death knight. It allows a DK to get by without killing things, which is a no-no from the Scourge doctrine.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Drustai wrote:Why would it make him a 'sick fuck'?

Not anymore than your run-of-the-mill DK. Who by definition is a sick fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm

I would still say the other methods of Repair are superior to cannibalism. Also rembember a DK is not a ghoul, DKs are the finest Weapons of the Scourge gone Rogue. They are weapons whos control is their sadistic hungers not the need to eat flesh. Having to stop to eat the dead lessens their affectiveness where as healing via combat is much more affective.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I would still say the other methods of Repair are superior to cannibalism. Also rembember a DK is not a ghoul, DKs are the finest Weapons of the Scourge gone Rogue. They are weapons whos control is their sadistic hungers not the need to eat flesh. Having to stop to eat the dead lessens their affectiveness where as healing via combat is much more affective.

Yes. Note that I said morally superior, not actually superior. Being able to drain life energy through killing is very powerful... like you said, it means you don't have to stop to feed. But also, you are feeding from a living, breathing source. That's going to be damn fucking potent. Even a 'fresh' corpse, or preserved meat, is consumed by shadow energy, encouraging it to decay and rot. It's going to be much less filling than a living being.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm

I <3 Drus morals. Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down