Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aid to the Sunreavers

Go down

Aid to the Sunreavers Empty Aid to the Sunreavers

Post by Xen-tau Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Author Notes

Introduction to the story:

I got this idea when I reread the story "In the Shadow of the Sun", that had been canonised recently. That story has been written in a pre-wrath era, and this story is written for the Cataclysm-era. The Archmage wants to have new resources to fight the remaining Scourge in Northrend, as well as to clean up any Twilight leftovers in that region. Ofcourse, with certain things that have changed after Wrath, it might be fun to find new "problems" in these stories.

I will touch some things that are somewhat grey in the WoW lore, and give my view on how I think these things are to explained. If you feel differently, that is fine with me, as these stories are for your amusement and they will not have happened on the Defias Brotherhood realm.

Blogs that might explain how I view things.
Playing mayor-lore characters

Chapters
Chapter one - The request

Last edited by Aishling on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Aid to the Sunreavers Empty Re: Aid to the Sunreavers

Post by Xen-tau Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 pm

The city of Dalaran holds many magical wonders. Some are very simple, like windows that clean themselves, others more sophisticated. The magical floating city, one of the wonders of Azeroth. The inhabitants were mostly mages, and the city also had one of the largest libraries of Azeroth. A young woman was sitting in that library, in a corner behind a desk, reading. As she read the murmured some questions that pop in her head. As with most things, Aishling did think out loud.

“Yes, yes. I know that fel energy corrupts and all, but I am looking for a source that can be placed next to the Sunwell so that the sin’dorei people do not have to rely on draining the stones!”.

She did not realize that another Blood Elf had entered the room. He looked around and noticed Aishling sitting the corner, murmuring. He approached her, but stood and looked at Aishling. The staff she placed against the table was a signature golden staff of the Blood Elves, with its emblem on the top of the staff. It was usually carried by the Magisters. Her red and white robes, together with the pauldrons and her headpiece made it clear that she was from Quel’thalas. Her brown hair and her pondering face made her somewhat cute, yet the Blood Elf that studied her could see her eyes from under his helmet. The intensity of green in her eyes made the elf sigh. He made the final few steps and spoke in his native language:

“I expected the Grand-Magister himself to manage this.”

Aishling looked up, and the first thing she noticed was the tabard of the Sunreavers. She jumped up and exclaimed.

“Ah! Archmage Sunreaver, it is a pleasure to finally meet you! I am Magister Aishling Silversun, Ambassador of Quel’thalas”

As Aishling made a formal bow she studied the man further. The magisters usually had the joke that the Archmage was a cover for their former prince, and when she eyed the man she could not help but wonder if that was true. She did know the Archmage was an acquaintance of Silvermoon, and that he was a member of the council of Six.

“I am afraid Grand-Magister Rommath could not be here in person as the Regent-Lord required him for other tasks. I was send here on the Grand-Magister his behalf.”

The Archmage sighed, and he looked around. He already had quite the few eyes on him. The Horde and the Alliance might be able to refrain from killing each other in this city, they were still at war.

“It is better if we speak in private. I will send us there.”

The Archmage snapped his finger and both he and Aishling were teleported away from the library.
Aishling was teleported to the private office of the Archmage. There were no doors or windows, and against the walls were shelves full with books and scrolls. A grand desk, that Aishling eyed in envy, had two grand chairs on either side and wine on it. The Archmage walked towards the desk and sat down, facing her.

“Please, sit down, we have a lot to talk about.”

Aishling nodded and walked to the other seat. The seat was made of leather, and the back of the chair showed the symbol of the Sunreavers. She sat down and, as is custom between the magisters, she placed her wand on the desk as a sign of trust. She took the wine that stood on the desk and made herself comfortable in the seat. The Archmage also placed his wand on the desk, and as he retracted to make himself comfortable on the seat he stared to talk.

“The Sunreavers need more resources from Silvermoon. The ships that Silvermoon send that are to guard the northside of the Tournament Grounds need repairs, and I am sure the Ranger-General and the Regent-Lord would not like me to go to the Ranger-General of the High Elves to do the same request.”

Aishling imagined a smirk appearing on the Archmage his face. She took a sip from her wine and opened her mouth.

“Yes, about the two Ranger-Generals….”
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down