Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

+34
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lorainne/Bridlington
Morinth
Lavian
Gustov
Ron Sexton
Arathoran
Yarnaat
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raelan
corleth
Geneviève
Thelos
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Grufftoof
Celistra
Jeanpierre
Eodan
Amaryl
Kettin
Timna
Sullee Swiftspeech
Quin
Ave/Sariella
Gesh
Lexgrad
Forsetí
Nessra Sunwhisper
itsy
Sharyssa/Adenah
38 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors - Page 3 Empty Re: Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Alright, time to butt in here, methinks. Razz

It is clearly stated in several posts here, that these guidelines are not meant to be isolating RP. All RHS is asking is that "our" spot for RP is indeed treated like "our spot". I really don't get what all the drama is about here...

People complain about there not being enough RP outside of Stormwind. Then they complain when others try to create it outside of the city. In the time I've been in the guild, I've not seen a single one of the names posting here (Aside for RHS people, of course) try to approach the manor or interact with us outside of the city. So, seeing as this is hardly an issue for most of you, I don't see what's gotten your knickers all in a twist, really.

The claiming of places has been done since forever. And some of them truly seem odd, but we bend the lore to suit our needs. Azeroth is not a static world, and server-lore is often regarded as equal to Blizzard-lore.

We have Stromgarde, with the escape-tunnels that caused havoc a while back, when there was a battle between KoA and CoS, but eventually it all faded into history.

Same as we've had a bunch of drama regarding the councils of various types, both on horde and alliance side.

People claim houses and bars and grandma's all over the place, hell, SGE claimed an entire jungle! There's no whining about that... Yet we are a guild that is non-existant according to blizzard-lore.

I know this may be rambling a bit, but this drama over nonsense is making me cringe.

Yes, we've set up an alarm-system. Yes, we're "claiming" Ravenholdt Manor as our spot for RP. Try not to condemn us, and instead try to interact. Come and check it out rather than judge straight away. We may seem harsh against visitors, but what can you expect from a secret organization? Learn to know us before you point fingers, and maybe you'll find that we're not so bad as people point us put to be.

TL;DR > Don't judge, have an open mind, and take a look around at all the other spots where people RP. I'm sure you'll find that almost everyone bend the rules of the lore to fit into a good and flexible RP-world.

Also; The question of the Blue Recluse can be further discussed in the "Property" thread.
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Celistra wrote:Aint he to old for you ness?

Anything below 100 is fresh!
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Ghah, TY Nargy dear <3

*stamps of approval on said post and whole-heartedly agrees*
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Nar'Gaya wrote:So, seeing as this is hardly an issue for most of you, I don't see what's gotten your knickers all in a twist, really.
Mandui wrote:It's not always what you're trying to say but how you say it as well. The first post does have a certain tone of command, regardless of whether that's intentional or not, in addition to certain RHS members having that same tone in other threads/topics. I think that's what ruffles people's feathers the most.
It's a good thing Adenah does realize that there was indeed a tone and decided to apologize. I can very much understand how it feels to be pestered that way, not just for weeks but for years, so being irritated and aggravated is only natural. Still, some people won't have as much understanding, regardless which intentions might lie behind your post when it's dressed in that sort of an attitude. That...is what caused the whole discussion (along with certain ownership issues which I won't analyze here).
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Nar'Gaya wrote:
We have Stromgarde, with the escape-tunnels that caused havoc a while back, when there was a battle between KoA and CoS, but eventually it all faded into history.

That was before I ever joined KoS, or the Alliance. But I can assure you those do not exist (anymore) Nor would KoS ever pull such a card.

Just putting that out there.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Yet we are a guild that is non-existant according to blizzard-lore.

Sorry... but what?

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Yes, we're "claiming" Ravenholdt Manor as our spot for RP.

Fine and dandy. Too bad you're claiming a few other spots aswell.

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Can you expect from a secret organization?

You're hardly secret. I ICly for one know RHS is a bunch of Horde collaborateurs and that they owned the old Northern Soul. I for one know a few of SI know/knew this aswell. Most of us can count to two, so if we put one and one together, we could simply barge in from the moment you reopen the Soul, round you all up and have a good laugh. But for some reason I doubt you lot will want to be subjected to the same kind of accountablity you demand of your trespassers. Not to mention the OMFG U RUIN TEHE RPEZZ.

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...I'm sure you'll find that almost everyone bend the rules of the lore to fit into a good and flexible RP-world.

Most of 'em don't just take the name up and change nearly 90% about it. I'm not saying you're the sole ones though.

Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes, I agree to that, Mandui, and I see your point. But do understand that after a few days of constant hassling, RHS is indeed a little tired of having to defend themselves to everyone and their cousin's husband's aunt's dogs.

I know my post may have sounded bitchy, but I hope people can read through it and perhaps understand just why I am bitching about it. Because frankly, this non-stop drama about properties and "You're RP is wrong" wears us all out.

And Faralan; That may very well be, but my point remains the same. Smile I just wish people would be a little more open-minded and would try to expand the world rather than limit it. Azeroth is a big world, and it's constantly moving and changing in all kinds of directions. Being so stead-fast on the "rules" only suits to limit what we're all here for, and wanting to enjoy; RP.
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:
Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Yet we are a guild that is non-existant according to blizzard-lore.

Sorry... but what?

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Yes, we're "claiming" Ravenholdt Manor as our spot for RP.

Fine and dandy. Too bad you're claiming a few other spots aswell.

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...Can you expect from a secret organization?

You're hardly secret. I ICly for one know RHS is a bunch of Horde collaborateurs and that they owned the old Northern Soul. I for one know a few of SI know/knew this aswell. Most of us can count to two, so if we put one and one together, we could simply barge in from the moment you reopen the Soul, round you all up and have a good laugh. But for some reason I doubt you lot will want to be subjected to the same kind of accountablity you demand of your trespassers. Not to mention the OMFG U RUIN TEHE RPEZZ.

Nar'Gaya wrote:
...I'm sure you'll find that almost everyone bend the rules of the lore to fit into a good and flexible RP-world.

Most of 'em don't just take the name up and change nearly 90% about it. I'm not saying you're the sole ones though.

Indeed, Second Gurubashi Empire does not exist according to Blizzard. Atleast not in the way it is portrayed by us. Yes, Blizz has somewhat remade the Empire, but that was long after SGE the guild was created.

As stated earlier, the discussion about the Recluse can be taken elsewhere, as it has nothing to do with the Manor itself.

Whether you know about us or not is not important, really. We aim to be a secret organization, but there will always be people out there who know a little about something and everything. Smile

I can't speak for the entire guild on the matter of "rounding up and prosecuting", but I for one would welcome it. All in the good spirit of RP. Smile

Edit; Yes, I fail at quoting. Razz
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Ah, thought you were referring to RHS as being non existant in lore. Wasn't exactly clear.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Think I will come check things out on my human just to see what things are like there
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Nar'Gaya wrote:Alright, time to butt in here, methinks. Razz

It is clearly stated in several posts here, that these guidelines are not meant to be isolating RP. All RHS is asking is that "our" spot for RP is indeed treated like "our spot". I really don't get what all the drama is about here...

People complain about there not being enough RP outside of Stormwind. Then they complain when others try to create it outside of the city. In the time I've been in the guild, I've not seen a single one of the names posting here (Aside for RHS people, of course) try to approach the manor or interact with us outside of the city. So, seeing as this is hardly an issue for most of you, I don't see what's gotten your knickers all in a twist, really.

3 things: 1. why do people post in a thread that has no concern to them? Well the first sentence of the OP says it all. its a post directed at everyone. So everyone can put in his or her humble opinion regardless of personal attachment, heck its even better without personal attachment. or it would be an insult fest.

2. There's nothing wrong with RPing in a certain spot for a long time. but trying to prevent others from using the same spot in the way that they wish to use it can antagonise people. "OOC Ownership" only comes from community acceptance through Loads and Loads of RP in that place. and then its still regarded as "the place to RP with that guild" and not "the place belonging to that guild" There's a very clear distinction.

and 3. This entire thread was started as a complaint about the fact that other people joined "Your hub" under circumstances that you disapproved off. and not about other people whining that you were RPing outside of Stormwind. So please don't make assumptions that have nothing to do with this thread.

People claim houses and bars and grandma's all over the place, hell, SGE claimed an entire jungle! There's no whining about that... Yet we are a guild that is non-existant according to blizzard-lore.
And its always a drama keg, for everyone that does it until you're properly established, get over that fact, and deal with it in a respectful friendly manner.

Yes, we've set up an alarm-system. Yes, we're "claiming" Ravenholdt Manor as our spot for RP. Try not to condemn us, and instead try to interact. Come and check it out rather than judge straight away. We may seem harsh against visitors, but what can you expect from a secret organization? Learn to know us before you point fingers, and maybe you'll find that we're not so bad as people point us put to be.

Euhm, first we can't check it out, since according to the "rules" its a Super-Secret Death-trap. and we need a "-Very- Good reason" to know about it.
Secondly You find it very very annoying, as this thread is a testament of, when people are neglecting your NPC guards and Alarm System, to get RP (by not contacting you OOCly that we're "tresspassing").

That said, Acceptance of other people's Roleplay and wishes is a Two-way Street. Keep that in mind.

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:I do apologize for the way things have perhaps been phrased, it meant nothing more then wanting some awareness due to complete random and non-logical rp on all the points mentioned during the last weeks.
The way I've explained things have probably been fuelled due to my own mood and aggrovation at the point I wrote them and come across more pissy and demanding then I actually intended.
So I do apologize for that, we're not trying to claim sole-rp in the area, only some cooperation to keep things fun after all the time RHS has been around doing exaclty what it is doing now.

Glad to hear that, good luck Smile

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Nessra Sunbinder wrote:
Celistra wrote:Aint he to old for you ness?

Anything below 100 is fresh!

I love you
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm

You've been busted by the Chapter and others several times in your time by the way. Not all of you are as careful. It's not that secret anymore, just saying.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:09 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Basicly, there are guard guilds, the counsil and several other things as previously the Argent crusade aswell.
What you are basing yourself on would erase half of the servers rp or things that have been done to create rp, if we'd -not- use what is given there remains little to be done further to encourage further roleplay and things occuring on the server.

As a Previous Argent Crusade Member. We did never claim any land, nor any buildings for our own.
It was directly against the believes of our beloved Leader Eloresh.
Get yo facts right!
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:48 pm

You claimed rule over NPC's, though. And by you I mean you, not the guild itself.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustov Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:59 pm

I hope the whole Mage Quarter isn't occupied by the RHS ;( .

1: So, is the Blue Recluse "owned" by the RHS or is it just a place they hang on?
2: If it is, are there any restrictions to it or anyone may enter?
Gustov
Gustov

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:11 pm

They own the recluse and as far as im aware hang around at the lamb.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:29 pm

They shouldn't get to own a -Mage- District Tavern.. just for the sake of it >.>
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:39 pm

That should be discussed in the property thread.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Arathoran wrote:
Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Basicly, there are guard guilds, the counsil and several other things as previously the Argent crusade aswell.
What you are basing yourself on would erase half of the servers rp or things that have been done to create rp, if we'd -not- use what is given there remains little to be done further to encourage further roleplay and things occuring on the server.

As a Previous Argent Crusade Member. We did never claim any land, nor any buildings for our own.
Get yo facts right!

We "claimed" areas to rp in and such that's all, all of those mentioned had different yet similar situations in where factions, places, etc got used in the game to bring more roleplay.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:
Arathoran wrote:

Get yo facts right!

We "claimed" areas to rp in and such that's all, all of those mentioned had different yet similar situations in where factions, places, etc got used in the game to bring more roleplay.

Yet we didn't lay claim nor did we throw people away NO MATTER their reasons for being there... We didn't even touch the hordes around.

Please do not mention the Argent Dawn within this thread or topic yet again.

Thank you for your understandings and may the Light guide your path.
*Pubs out of Topic*
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 pm

The concept of the guild was entirely different then RHS, it's not like you can compare the purpose or entire situations of those two properly anyway. RHS is rp'ing with horde around, aswell as outsiders that come by.
I was an officer in the Argent Crusade mind, I am well aware of the differences and it was used as an example of NPC ruled lore-organisations aswell as roleplay in other area's mostly "dominated" by said guilds.

Also, stop derailing and pulling matters out of context without general understanding on the purpose of this topic too, this is not a claimthread, not a flamewar, just a -headsup- on what we'd like people to keep in mind if they come up for roleplay. It's like saying "People who come to Stromgarde please be aware the place is IC rebuilt a little". But no, instead people go "We cannot walk up without hostility this is wrong and bad rp".
There is no claim that people can't come up there, nor a claim that people cannot know of the place, or that some might even know names and faces or other info, all we are asking is things to make -sense- and not be some bullshit rp like we have been tossed into our faces continuously the last weeks D:
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I apologize once more if anything here is sounding hostile. It's a writing style, so please refrain from taking anything aggressively or personally.

We’re fine with people showing up, engaging in roleplay with us and so forth, but we just ask you keep the points in mind, and that you have a reason to show there. Of course, if do show up with an invalid reason, you will likely end up with the basement buddies Very Happy

But if you want roleplay with us, please inform us beforehand so that we are ready and that we are able to be there, considering you wanted roleplay.

Regardless of the words claimed in this or the property thread, I do not think that the RHS will move or change how they are. After two years of roleplaying in the Manor (I can justify this considering I was in the guild two years back) and doing what we’re doing now, we’re not likely to change much.

Please bear with us that we don’t mean anything hostile and thus ask you to keep it all in a light mood as well, because you will be met with the same attitude you bring to the thread, and we don’t intend to start a flame-war. Wink

TL;DR: Read it anyway you silly person! Razz
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Timna wrote:, you will likely end up with the basement buddies Very Happy

Apparently everyone gets that no matter the reason nor how valid it was.

Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote: But no, instead people go "We cannot walk up without hostility this is wrong and bad rp".
There is no claim that people can't come up there, nor a claim that people cannot know of the place, or that some might even know names and faces or other info, all we are asking is things to make -sense- and not be some bullshit rp like we have been tossed into our faces continuously the last weeks D:

Euhm... why don´t you find the bolded part in this thread and quote where that is happening? (in the correct context mind)

You guys have put forward, "demands" "claims" "request" a "headsup" on how to RP with you and how to RP with the Manor. Because you feel you've been getting "Bad RP" when people go to the manor on terms that aren't yours. so the only part where that bolded quote makes sense is in the OP.

but then you still haven't answered my questions: what you consider a "-very- Good reason" or what you consider a "Ninja Escape".

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next