Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deceived.

+2
John Helsythe Amaltheria
corleth
6 posters

Go down

Deceived.  Empty Deceived.

Post by corleth Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Corleth sat in complete darkness, thin smokey tendrils leaked from censars; slowly wafting throughout the library quarter, creating a haze of sacred incensed mist, the lucid movement of smoke the only thing close to movement within the Abbey's halls. Corleth broke the dim intonations of liturgy from the main hall of worship: "Distant…" he said, his dry lips cracking as spoke, "so distant… everything is distant". Corleth slouched in his chair, rubbing his forehead as he contemplated all that had happened in the past few months, all that had lead to this. His betrayal. His heresy.

It all began then, Isabis… my wife, slain by my hand due to her 'corruption' at the hands of the Deadwind cult; but that was not the truth, I told myself this, when under the false illumination and clarity of 'faith' to make my actions seem righteous and noble but things are not that clear, they are distant. I took a grim pride in destroying her, releasing her soul from her body. i felt something in that instant, not of the Light; the Light left me the moment her blood stained my hands and sin stained my soul - what i felt… it was different and it was hungry for more… what the unenlightened would call, degradation. The seeds of heresy were sown and so began all the months of preparation it would take to make others see the truth I had felt and seen. My murder of Isabis taught me that one truth; this universe is cruel and to survive so must we be cruel. The Light must be usurped as the truth of humanity and the first to be usurped would be the Chapter.

Everything fell into place, the Abbot secluded himself for several months, ordained Archlector I had full control over all the those studying the Anethionean faith. I twisted the meanings of certain recitations, I twisted the definition of heresy, made them see enemies where there were none, they were my pawns - I had complete control and obedience over them. I made them doubt in their fellow faithful, I argued with Inquisitor's in the abbey; playing upon the fears of those under my control. No matter what I said, Aadaria's, Osmand's, even the High-inquisitor's words held no weight next to mine.

And now, I sit here, the night my treachery shall be revealed. Raedan Vandire has been given his 'final aspirant task' - to kill Aadaria, yes… I told them she was an infiltrator from the Blades for hire… playing upon their fears that she was defusing a war between us for motives other than that of the Chapter's safety. Aadaria, the only inquisitor to see through my act. She would be destroyed and if not, she would be in the incoming war. I have also tasked Lucen, my most faithful lap-dog; blinded by my deceit and lies to storm the Pig 'n' Wistle and slay everyone within and he believes he can do it! Truly deceived… A full-scale war will start between the Chapter and the Blades and the Chapter shall be obliterated, just as planned. Just thinking back, I get tingles down my spine; how easily they were bent around my finger - how easily I put hate and rage in their hearts. To think of the doubt, fear and pain that would spread with my leave… if I only I had a means of witnessing that also.

Out of nowhere, an image of Wenndy Darkshire flashed in Corleth's mind, he looked down to the lilly she had given him and rose from his seat, his black silken robes blending in with the surrounding darkness "How fitting." Corleth said to himself, seemingly fascinated by the nothingness around him; the thought of Wenndy was quickly extinguished. "I must leave, my hands are defiled with blood, my fingers with iniquity; my lips have spoken lies, and my tongue has muttered perversity. The heart of a lost angel is in the earth, the immaculate is abased... forevermore." Corleth took off his cross-necklace and placed it, along with his 'holy' scripture on top of the lily; cursing under his breath as he walked briskly out of the Abbey.

Yet; as Corleth left the shadows of the library quarter and main hall, into the forests of Ewlynn, the darkness did not dissipate as he walked under the setting evening sun - but they followed him, they enveloped him. He was the shadow and the shadow was him.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Deceived.  Empty Re: Deceived.

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

...oO wow
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I KEEP TELLING PEOEPLE BUT NO ONE LISTENS! Sad

You're all bad!

Oh, I guess.. Good story and very well written! Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 am

And fiction.... isnt it Brother?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:37 am

I fear that this is all too true. A shame, a great shame.. But oh, how I love this and the story! Finally, finally a chance, a reason, without any need of excuses.. to truly, deeply, profondly, thoroughly spank Corleth's ass. In one way or the other, this man is going only one place.. Down, down down.. I am so happy Smile Delayed birthday present? ;P?
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Thankfully Kitt's face was the only real casualty. It was a case of:

*Leaves tavern*
"HERETIC!"