Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A theft of identity

+13
Saevir
Morinth
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gogol
Grufftoof
Morgeth
Chase - Esou
Xen-tau
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Kil'drakor
Ron Sexton
Ledgic
Kozgugore Feraleye
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A theft of identity Empty A theft of identity

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 am

Hi all o/

I’m writing this post to give you all a notice on my identity. Yesterday night, something rather surreal happened to me. I was doing a random Google and all of a sudden stumbled upon a person who claimed to be me (Kozgugore Feraleye, to be precise) on a private roleplaying server; a server which goes by the name of “Prologue”.

I would like to ask that anyone who happens to be involved on this server or the community of it to be aware that the person who has recently arrived on those forums under the name of Aedin is in fact not who he’s claiming to be. Apparently, he has been claiming that the “official” Orcs of the Red Blade guild is no longer active on the Defias Brotherhood server, and that I have moved from DB to this particular private server to relive the guild there. As a result, this person has basically been stealing my name, identity, reputation and even entire texts and pictures I have written and created (and have been created for me) throughout the course of OotRB’s history.

I have now posted a topic about this on their forums as well (which can be found here), though I would very much appreciate it if anyone who’s active on this forum who happens to be active on Prologue as well to keep in mind and, if need be, spread the word that this person has been stealing someone else’s work. It personally feels rather distasteful that someone would go through so much effort to steal all of these things, while it’s a lot more fun to create your own characters and lore (and a lot more satisfying to see it successfully work out too).

Thanks for reading through this bucket of drama. TL;DR, I'm still active on DB and I've no intentions whatsoever to move to any private servers. Oh, and OotRB -certainly- isn't dead either.

Regards,

The real Koz
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A theft of identity Empty Re: A theft of identity

Post by Ledgic Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 am

It's a shame when something like this happens, I looked over the forums and took a look at all the stuff the fake you was posting. I suppose it's unavoidable when you have a decent concept and someone can't come up with their own, but identity theft takes it a little far.

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 am

Ah, I noticed this particular individual a few months ago, I honestly wasn't certain if it indeed was you. I considered poking you about it just to make sure, but seemingly I never did.

Nonetheless, I could have a chat with him and with a few other individuals. If possible, would you want to... well, erase him? I doubt the admins will approve of this.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 am

I'm not sure if erasing would be necessary, merely a statement from himself that he's guilty of stealing someone else's identity, if anything, though as you might be able to tell in the first post, I have posted a topic on their forums about this as well. You are of course free to take the matter to any individuals that might have a form of authority there though. I'd very much appreciate any help that might be offered.

But yeah, admittedly, "borrowing" a concept is fine. It's just the blatant copying that ticked me off a little. I didn't know people would want to go through so much effort to be an ugly orc!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am

Hah. Reminds me of the time my parents googled me and found my profile on a Turkish (I assume) social website. I was pretty amazed, since I quite frankly don't speak Turkish. Smile

And yet, always nasty if somebody else takes credit for your work. It definately says something about that person's character (and I imagine the lack of confidence).

In a nutshell: lol wtf?

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

Woah, just checked that recruitment thread. He basically copy pasted the shit out of our compendium. That's... mental.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

I knew some people who played on prologue were a little bit strange, because of how easy it is to just step into the fray with a level 80 character. Though... this really does take the piss, it's almost scary too.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:44 am

Well, someone is fan of your work alright.... you could also consider it an honour!

And then just continue and get on with your life. I saw OOTRB yesterday as well, so don't worry about it. =3
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:08 pm

I wonder who did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:16 pm

A few names have been uncovered that also happened to be on DB, though since there can't be any certainty whether it's the same person/characters we're dealing with here, I'm not sure if mentioning names will do a lot of good. Still, it slowly seems to resolve itself now.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Lol at least you can feel flattered too, really. He could've chosen any identity to copy but he chose you after all! Feel free to copy mine btw guys Sad
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I found this very interesting. I wonder what this guy didn't create:

http://forums.prologue-wow.com/index.php?/topic/7935-hello/page__p__143636__fromsearch__1#entry143636
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Look at his profile, does the photo look like anyone? Do his "details" match anyone (Netherlands, 19 etc).

Bloody weird, silly and poo. And I don't think its flattering, not really, it's shitty.

It's flattery when I wear my Koz mask and go punch people in the street though. That's what a proper orc would do.

Edit. In fact it's interesting to see who he has been speaking to and how highly he thinks of some people. Ah, stalking people on forums... I'm like a ninja. But less cool.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Morgeth wrote:I found this very interesting. I wonder what this guy didn't create:

http://forums.prologue-wow.com/index.php?/topic/7935-hello/page__p__143636__fromsearch__1#entry143636

Well it's fact DRS was not created by anyone from the Netherlands, his age is also by far to young, most of the real old crones would be closing in on 30 now I suppose.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:34 pm

So he made DRS AND Orcs of the Red Blade? Wow, clearly we need to award medals or something..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm

I think he's just farting random stuff to seem more important than he really is. I looked up some of his old characters on the realm and none of them seemed to be that closely knit to either guild. Was told one was in DRS, hardly the one which created it.

Suppose it's nothing to get too upset over, in the end. But I still think it's a weird feeling to see someone blatantly copy pasta everything, and even claiming to be someone they aren't. The strangeness, it boggles the mind.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Morgeth wrote:I think he's just farting random stuff to seem more important than he really is. I looked up some of his old characters on the realm and none of them seemed to be that closely knit to either guild. Was told one was in DRS, hardly the one which created it.

Suppose it's nothing to get too upset over, in the end. But I still think it's a weird feeling to see someone blatantly copy pasta everything, and even claiming to be someone they aren't. The strangeness, it boggles the mind.

I'm more shocked he though he'd get away with it. Prologue is actually very DB-Linked. Hell when I had my 'stint' in the private server scene I was one of the senior GMs. And I knew a lot of Defias players who played there and still do. I'm just curious to how he thought he could get away with it.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh dear.

Who's this guy eh? Did a thoughrough checkup, not the one.

Last edited by Cirenae on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 pm

That him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 pm

No idea. It was what a 5-min google search dug up Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Ahaha. XD The lengths some people will go to.

How'd s/he/it think they'd get away with pretending to be such well known people?
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Idle speculation in this thread doesn't seem particularly helpful to anyone, and at worst could get someone innocent unwittingly "judged" in the eyes of the community. If you have suspicions about who it might be, better just to PM the info to Koz (if he wants it).
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Morgeth wrote:I think he's just farting random stuff to seem more important than he really is. I looked up some of his old characters on the realm and none of them seemed to be that closely knit to either guild. Was told one was in DRS, hardly the one which created it.

I'm more shocked he though he'd get away with it. Prologue is actually very DB-Linked. Hell when I had my 'stint' in the private server scene I was one of the senior GMs. And I knew a lot of Defias players who played there and still do. I'm just curious to how he thought he could get away with it.
The most logical answer to me is: He thought he could get away with it since he has been able to in the past.

Maybe not on this scale, maybe just mentioning it in gchat when he joined a new guild. Maybe he has done it for guilds on other realms that aren't that well connected to Prolouge.

We all have met the guy who pretends to come from hardcore raiding or top tier Arena teams. This would be the RP equivalence of that. He is trying to get instant respect and hoping/believing he can live up to the his own lies and that people's respect for him will only grow, as his did for those that he pretends to be.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Damn that guy made both orb and drs . How old was he when he formed them :O how old is the server roughly now?
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 pm

We're nearing our sixth year.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet