Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The funeral of Clelia Lucretia Vantier

Go down

The funeral of Clelia Lucretia Vantier Empty The funeral of Clelia Lucretia Vantier

Post by Jeanpierre Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 am

((My notes as I prepared them. However, I usually tend to change my text a little depending on what the situation allows me to improvise. I left the structural notes, to show how I tend to build up the ceremony.))

Thank you all for coming. We have gathered tonight, in a difficult time when we are asked to part with Clelia Lucretia Vantier.

((The life of Clelia Lucretia Vantier))

She leaves behind a terrible void…
Recently her love for and engagement with Sir Baron Braiden Mistlemantle was announced.
With her loss, a great love leaves this physical plane.
She was the last of her lineage, of the House of Vantier.
With her loss, a great name will now pass into legend forever.

<continuation by the assistant, not recorded>

((Mourning the loss))
Loosing someone dear to us, is a difficult emotion. We are left with a difficult question. Why has her Light been taken from us?
We are left with sadness. Bereft of her Light our world seems to have darkened.
But the emotion is more complex than just the feeling of loss. We are confronted with how much she meant to us. In that we also find how valuable her life was to those around her. And that is why we gathered here, to honor the lifetime that we shared, and express our gratitude for the Light she has been to us.

Take heart that we have all gathered here to share these difficult times. As we share this emotion, so has the Light revealed how dear Lady Clelia was to us. Let us find strength this way and take comfort in each other's presence, warmth.. and words.

((Words of the Husband/Fiancé.))
<Not recorded>

((Words of a friend.))
<Not recorded>

((Concluding the parting.))

Thank you for sharing your message with us. There is no doubt these words came from the heart. As they touched those who listened to them, so did the Light reveal itself to us. So will it reveal itself to Lady Clelia. So it revealed who's hearts and souls had been touched by the Light that Lady Clelia brought in our lives.
Find strength in eachother's company and Light's healing spirit, for it will bring heal her as well and keep her company.

We would like to ask everyone to take a moment to reflect on this, while we sing the "Journey of the Soul".

Duet:
P1
It were a very sad day. It were a mournful day,
A treasure was lost: a woman had passed away,
P2
In brief darkness her soul wandered, lost, alone,
When a warm Light appeared and brightly shone

P1
An angel of Light she had found and so they spoke,
"Are you an angel? Will you bring warmth and hope?"
P2
"Is your spirit troubled, are you lost my child?"
P1
"Yes, for I have parted from family and love mild.
Angel of Light, who knows the way in this world,
Will you carry me away in your arms as foretold?"

P2
The Angel shone bright, her voice cleared still,
She reached a hand and said "come if you will",
P1
Comforted by her chanting and soothing sounds.
They parted from life's sorrows and its bounds.

((Move the party to the dumphole/stake and proceed with the burial/barbecue.))
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down