Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2. Nilda Meyrick: Midnight awakening

Go down

2. Nilda Meyrick: Midnight awakening Empty 2. Nilda Meyrick: Midnight awakening

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 am

My eyes are closed but I'm not sleeping, I dare not to move, don't -want- to move. His scent fills my nose each time I inhale and soothes me as it always has done. Such a familiar scent to me, even more so ever since I'm capable of smelling each aspect, each subtle detail that forms the one smell I can pick out of any crowd, anytime.
Trying not to wake him up I move cautiously and crawl into his arms even more, my head resting against his chest. It feels so safe, so sheltered within his arms.
A smile appears on my face when I take another deep breath, savouring that one scent that touches me in so many different ways. After everything that has been happening I'd have never dreamed or hoped that we'd come this far, that Morty and I would still be together and that my love for him would have grown into this intense feeling.

He stirrs in his sleep, only barely allowing himself to sleep deeply, always alert to every movement or sound I make. When I open my eyes I push myself up to be able to look at him, my finger softly tracing over his chest, brushing across the scars that form a well known pattern on his skin. I know each and every single one of them, I have touched and caressed the scars so many times.
I try not to make a sound while I move, my muscles and bones ache and I feel as sore as ever. It's my own fault for not wanting to change forms, but I won't, I'll hold on untill our wedding. I want to marry the man I love this much while being a human, no matter how much I have embraced this curse. Only a few more days and I'll call myself his wife, in a few months we'll have our children and maybe a farm or home somewhere.
My eyes wander over his rugged face and I still feel overwhelmed by the intensity of the feelings and emotions only his face can awaken within me.
Only Morty, only him, for him I'd do anything. The plans and dreams I had when I left home they linger but they can be chased again if needed, life took another path for me and I won't look back. I'm looking ahead and see my life with him at my side and I won't regret a single moment.
I lean closer to him, planting a tender and loving kiss onto his lips. Of course it wakes him up, his sleep is so easily disturbed by his constant awareness, his insticts to protect me.
Before he can say a word I put my finger against his lips to silence him and nestle my head back onto his chest, my arm looping around him to hold him close. And as I close my eyes and smile in the dark I whisper softly to him: "I love you".

----------
(I think this is actually one of the few or only times I have written in first person, it's a whole new experience and challenge to be honest ^^)
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down