Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life & Unity

3 posters

Go down

Life & Unity Empty Life & Unity

Post by Gunnell Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Sons and daughters of Gilneas..

..A man does not exist on theories and phrases, on declarations or on systems of political philosophy; he lives on what he can gain from the soil by his own labour in the form of food and raw materials. This is what he can eat, this is what he can use for manufacture and production. If a man's own living conditions offer him too little, his life will be wretched. We see that within the kingdoms themselves, fruitful areas afford better living conditions than poor barren lands. In the one case there are flourishing villages; in the other poverty-stricken communities. A man may live in a stony desert or in a fruitful land of plenty. This handicap can never be fully overcome by theories, nor even by the will to work.

We see that the primary cause for the existing tensions and conflicts across Azeroth lies in the unfair distribution of the riches of the earth. And it is only natural that evolution follows the same rule in the larger framework as it does in the case of individuals. Just as the tension existing between rich and poor within a country must be compensated for either by reason or often if reason fails, by force, so in the life of a nation one cannot claim everything and leave nothing to others....

Therefore, the right to live is at the same time a just claim to the soil which alone is the source of life. When unreasonableness threatened to choke their development, kingdoms fought for this sacred claim. No other course was open to them and they realized that even bloodshed and sacrifice are better than the gradual extinction of a nation. The forest trolls during their titled war saw our ancestors as seeking to claim their life, choking their people, and so.. resisted. The same might even be said of the Forsaken and their efforts to hold onto Lordaeron, the soil upon which they lived during life.

Now, my country-men we do the same, we fight for our source of life and not physical perseverance alone; we fight for our soil, our right to live! That of the Forsaken was since destroyed with their previous 'life'. They do not hold that right, but we Gilneans do. We will not allow ourselves to become an extinct people, bloodshed and sacrifice being our; your only chance at this. Yet if conflict over soil existed between kin then how would Gilneas be able to claim this against a foreign power? Through unity.

For us, therefore, unity is one of the essential conditions if we are to co-ordinate the powers inherent in the Gilnean nation properly, to make the Gilnean people conscious of their own greatness, realize their strength, recognize and present their vital claims, and seek national unity by an appeal to reason.

I know that we have not been successful everywhere. For almost ten years of this struggle there was the target of two opposing sides; the loyalist and the northgate. These people were incapable of listening to reason; even today there are some who cannot be converted. However, on the whole the number of those who realize that the lack of unity in our national structure would sooner or later lead to the destruction of all classes, all beliefs, has become greater and greater. Our King Greymane and Lord Darius Crowley saw this, tragically not sooner but saw it they did. If these two men in their wisdom might overcome loathing of one another then how can others not?

The common soldier, the monarchist, the needy, the beggar, the noble; all of whom claim Gilneas to be their home must unite. Not one individual, not one group, but everybody. By blood each and every soul is Gilnean. Whether Cursed, retaining their humanity.. the Gilnean must realise its own greatness, that which every one of them possesses, this can only be realised through unity. Through unity, comes power, through power we can claim the soil of life and through life he retains his existence.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Life & Unity Empty Re: Life & Unity

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Light save the King!
Light save the Queen!
Long live Gilneas!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Nicely written, though I find it amusing that theories and systems of political philosophy are attacked at first but this is just another one hidden in rhetoric.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Antistia wrote:Nicely written, though I find it amusing that theories and systems of political philosophy are attacked at first but this is just another one hidden in rhetoric.

Thats the general idea.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Antistia wrote:Nicely written, though I find it amusing that theories and systems of political philosophy are attacked at first but this is just another one hidden in rhetoric.

Thats the general idea; hypocritical to a fault.

I like, also, could a Forsaken catch on to these posters/speeches (it's not clear what they are)? I'd like to post a Forsaken reply, if possible and you don't mind in the weekend/next week.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Antistia wrote:
Gunnell wrote:

Thats the general idea; hypocritical to a fault.

I like, also, could a Forsaken catch on to these posters/speeches (it's not clear what they are)? I'd like to post a Forsaken reply, if possible and you don't mind in the weekend/next week.

They're speaches, essentially. Its quite possible (for the fun of it) that they could catch wind of them.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down