Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event

+11
Cathee Norris
Kristeas Sunbinder
Melnerag
Krogon Devilstep
Chrystan
Chase - Esou
Ledgic
Magaskawee/Anaei
Torukan
Mandui
Etular
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event Empty [OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event

Post by Etular Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:26 pm

For those interested, on Saturday 2nd October I will be attempting the "For the Alliance!" achievement. Information will be relatively obscure, even at the time of the actual event - where precise orders must be followed. This is, ofcourse, to make the attempt as successful as possible. Therefore, each person involved must have a great deal of patience. Also, there is already a pre-determined, already planned path that must be followed if wee are to be successful - therefore, there will be no adapting to where we strike next, so to speak.

I can't give many details, but we are going to gather the group at around 5pm Realm Time (may change, but any changes you will be informed of) and from there we will advertise in Trade Chat until I give the first command. I will also, ofcourse, give advice to certain classes in the group on what to do and/or avoid (i.e. Healers should stay a fair distance away from Lor'Themar due to his version of Arcane Torrent etc.) throughout the fighting, and there will be specific paths that people will be asked to follow upon attacking the city (which most people should be aware of anyway).

If you wish to join up, either post on this topic or whisper/send me a letter in-game. If we get enough interest, we may need to designate a second raid group.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

[OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event Empty Re: [OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event

Post by Mandui Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

I bet the horde members of this forum appreciate this dearly and will make sure to be there to receive you with open arms and even get some of the achievements involving the defense of a city. <3
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

[OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event Empty Re: [OOC] [A] "For the Alliance!" Achievement Event

Post by Torukan Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I think this is the first WPVP event I've seen that didn't have a made up IC justification which was vague and made no sense lore wise

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 am

To back up Mandui, what a foolish thing to announce. This gives the Horde what? a week to rally a full raid to go from city to city pwning you.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:42 am

Well it will be more fun with more opposition! and they don't know the order of cities!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:47 am

Troll be trollin'.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:49 am

But is the reward worth the effort?
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 am

If I wasn't working that night I'd be so up for this!
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:To back up Mandui, what a foolish thing to announce. This gives the Horde what? a week to rally a full raid to go from city to city pwning you.

why do you ruin my fun? WHY!?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:06 am

Krogon wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:To back up Mandui, what a foolish thing to announce. This gives the Horde what? a week to rally a full raid to go from city to city pwning you.

300hp wont save you now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:10 am

Praxan wrote:
Krogon wrote:

300hp wont save you now!

i'm thinking the rest of the raid would.

*ruffle*
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:34 am

Well, if horde prepares for this - it will prove that these forums are pointless, you can't trust your fellow RPers and they are no better than the Realmwalkers *cackle*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 am

"Hey chaps, we want that really awesome bear so we would think it would be really swell if you just leave us alone while we attack your cities and stuff."

Well, since you asked so nicely *goes to chill at the 1k Needles hot spring*.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:54 am

Okay. I'd like to see them trying to defend, for example, Undercxity while we are attacking Thunder Bluff. Laughing

Not to mention, I'm sticking with my whole "How the heck can I gather a tonne of members if I don't advertise?" thing. Quite frankly, if that was the case, then surely it would have the exact same consequences every time we create an RP event - we give a deadline for the Horde to gather members, and they do so. The difference here, ofcourse, is that there is no designated location, so to speak. They cannot tell which order we will attack the cities, nor does the raid in question even know (as said, I will be giving destinations to fly to rather than actual cities to attack. I will only be giving out the order of cities when we reach each destination).

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:"Hey chaps, we want that really awesome bear so we would think it would be really swell if you just leave us alone while we attack your cities and stuff."

Well, since you asked so nicely *goes to chill at the 1k Needles hot spring*.

You don't necessarily need to leave us alone. Infact, we enjoy the added difficulty. Wink

Chase wrote:But is the in-game reward worth the in-game effort?

Fixed. Razz Really, it depends on whether or not people are up for the PvP, the moderate risk of losing etc. If it fails, it fails. I could easily set up another event (more discreetly next time). I'm not doing this specifically for the reward (in all honesty, I'd prefer a metal chicken over a bear any day), rather, I'm doing it mostly for the competition, the fun and the difficulty. I ask, for what reason am I hated with Argent Dawn reputation faction? Laughing For fun, so whenever I enter the area of Light's Hope Chapel I can try (and fail) to kill the group of 10+ level 60's that surround me. Laughing Yes, I may be a bit insane, but it's good insane.

Last edited by Etular on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 am

I'd imagine the horde would figure out regardless of advertisement due to the World Defense channel tbh. Same goes for what city you attack. World Defense - Portal.

Anyhow, good luck with your achievements.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 am

Julia wrote:I'd imagine the horde would figure out regardless of advertisement due to the World Defense channel tbh. Same goes for what city you attack. World Defense - Portal.

Anyhow, good luck with your achievements.

Thanks. Being an avid user of WorldDefense myself, I have a minor thought around this already that could be used randomly throughout the attacks. Razz Basically, it's a game of "Which city holds the true raid?".
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 am

Pay a few people to kill guards in undercity, thunder bluff and silvermoon while you're at orgrimmar

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 am

Tashun/Galavan wrote:Pay a few people to kill guards in undercity, thunder bluff and silvermoon while you're at orgrimmar

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

*cough* That was one part of the plan Razz *cough*
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 am

There are still countless ways to dodge any sort of smart distraction tactics you might have. Having someone in your raid who is giving info to horde without you knowing or having horde come over to the alliance side to /who are just two of them. Try it regardless I'd say, but you will have a hard time achieving this if it's not between 1am-6am, while having the horde know about it on top of everything.
Sophyra wrote:Well, if horde prepares for this - it will prove that these forums are pointless, you can't trust your fellow RPers and they are no better than the Realmwalkers *cackle*
Not really, since the same thread was made on the realm forums as well.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:51 am

Not to mention protecting your city ICly makes more sense then ignoring it. Even though I'm a true-hearted blueshielder (mostly cause I suck at PvP).
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Mandui wrote:There are still countless ways to dodge any sort of smart distraction tactics you might have. Having someone in your raid who is giving info to horde without you knowing or having horde come over to the alliance side to /who are just two of them. Try it regardless I'd say, but you will have a hard time achieving this if it's not between 1am-6am, while having the horde know about it on top of everything.
Sophyra wrote:Well, if horde prepares for this - it will prove that these forums are pointless, you can't trust your fellow RPers and they are no better than the Realmwalkers *cackle*
Not really, since the same thread was made on the realm forums as well.

or if a certain someone decides to lead a 80 man raid into orgrimmar *nudge*

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:34 pm

He's trollin'. No way someone can be that gullible.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

What the heck makes you think people would give a shit about Etular's warbear

Not to mention protecting your city ICly makes more sense then ignoring it. Even though I'm a true-hearted blueshielder (mostly cause I suck at PvP).

??? This message should've been spread 3 years ago
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:41 pm

I was totally pro back then. You were the shit one in our group! True story! silent
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 pm

*Julia throws a rock at enemy soldier*
*enemy soldier enrage*
*Julia looks away for a moment*
*Geldar comes in and unleashes fury on the enemy soldier and vanishes*
*Julia looks at the stain formerly known as the enemy soldier and squeals like a teenage girl*
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next