Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oath

3 posters

Go down

An Oath Empty An Oath

Post by Gesh Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:43 am

The Monologue
Part 1 - A kick to the gut.
Rain hit my back like a mocking laughter.

The earth was thick with mud;even with my knees cuddled in it, and my hands slapped down onto it, It was impossible to feel, I was gone, utterly numb. Even the distant sounds of conflict, muffled at my ears, the screams of a woman, and the thud as she hit the floor, fealt like the fluttering of a summer insect past my head. The strikeing of a hammer, as it flung back, no louder then a child's first laughter, Was I going to die?. She tore them all to peices, but not in the same way she had done to all those I held dear, no. She was rushing this time.

I looked up, my water-riddened eyes only able to make out three figures fighting one burning skeleton, One figure fell, another stumbled, The third, struck the undead back and within a few moments, It was all over. She had gone with the wind, but she had taken everything from my life with her, I flashed my eyes to the right; Our burn't down home, the arms, legs, and meat of my family flung across the garden like little more then playthings. A sour liquid rushed up from my throat and I remeber nothing else but a cold embrace.

It was many weeks before I awoke, the only welcome I found was the empty words of a Draenei Priestess and a letter from a cloaked figure. I was to run and hide, until they have aprehended my beloved cousin. What other options did I have? Non.

Last edited by Vectoria/Luciean on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

An Oath Empty Re: An Oath

Post by Valerias Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I have a soft spot for complicated family relationships and emnities - and it looks like you have a first-class one going on with Vectoria and Vaesandra. I'll be interested to read more!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 pm

I can only echo what Aniane said. I loved reading every single bit of it, well done! My only suggestion is to run the next parts through a spell checker first Wink.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 am

Part 2,  The Exodar

My sences still haden't returned, even the valiant and brave voiceless commands of a Priestess didn't shake me, I fealt like the water boiled inside a slab of ice, every movement,my insides swurled.
My eyes stared hallowly out in the world and it shouted back, with so much tenacity, so much passion, but it all fell on deaf ears. My reality had been ripped from me, and even with shreds of it offered back, I disregarded them. I was forgetting the tastes of fresh spring water, even the texture of humble bread.

One, two, three, four..

four days had shifted by, the only change I had seen amongst the blur of hunger and motion around me, was a pair of glowing eyes, that grew more and more concerned with each blink and shallow breath I took. I was not the type of person to allow concerns to go un-checked, I would always set things right. But all I wanted to offer this person, this -one- priestess who simply wanted nothing more then to mother me back to sanity and see to it I had hope for the future. Was a very bitter, sickly ridden spit to the face. She didn't seem so quick to comfort me after that.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 am

Part 3,  Acension and rage

I could  do little more then think, think over and over again.

The nerve, The nerve of these aliens, these Draenei!. They wouldn't allow me the honour, the final right, to deny food, to fling flasks of water back against my chamber walls. I could feel it, just before they forced that cursed peice of bread down my throat. I fealt a sence of acomplishment, I had starved my mortal frame and passed the test, a nameless god would've welcomed me once more with my family and my sweet Edervic. But I was being punished clearly, this was my curse to bare. A world with nothing to offer me but, loneliness and the memory of what I once had.

Vectorias words echoed through my mind like a final accusation " You know nothing of loss, Young cousin, Born of pure blood, welcomed amongst the circle, But worry not. Let me teach you. "That bitch, What had -she- to cry about? Un-imaginable power and no concious. She had no morals, no recoil for having killed us all. Blaming her undeath on a misunderstood life and a troubled childhood. I envyed her, Her heart blackened long ago, mine spluttered across the floor, cut open and blushing red.  
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Part 4 A hilt and a handle

I was making good progress, Said the monk. Ever since I had seemingly offended my carer the people at the Cathedral had granted me a new one. He had gentle eyes and a worn face, I wasen't sure how long it had been since I arrived here. But when I took my first venture outside the natural sun blistered my eyes and I was forced to recoil.

I did manage to take seven steps in the gardens first however.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down