Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Arathorian costume night!

+18
Kozgugore Feraleye
Gunnell
Valdar/Melan
Jeanpierre
Calisar
Jayse
Magaskawee/Anaei
Elloa
Zhakiri
Jehorius
Neyvin/Noxie
Zinkle Figgins
Shaelyssa
Lavian
Valerias
Ledgic
Meralynn / Ashla
Cathee Norris
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[A] Arathorian costume night! - Page 3 Empty Re: [A] Arathorian costume night!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:21 am

Stop being a dick for the sake of it. Cause that is plainly what you are doing..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 am

Julia Beckjordsson wrote:I'm sorry you disagree, but this is how it is on DB server lore Smile Many people have worked hard to make it so, give Arathor life in a very unique and amazing way, something you haven't added into helping.

The barbaric part is what makes Arathor so loved and unique, and it won't be changed for a long long while yet I am sure.

*Cough* Voidsworn *Cough*

I never minded the more.. hm, Anglo-Saxon approach per say, but my concern is when I begun seeing people running around in Loin Cloths like He-Man (And not nessecarly a part of this event).

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Stop being a dick for the sake of it. Cause that is plainly what you are doing..

Darling, just because I disagree doesn't make me a tosser. If I didn't have a point, I wouldn't be bringing it up. I'm not standing up and screaming "BOOO! KINGDOM OF ARATHOR SUCK! IT'S BUTCHERED LORE AND THE SERVER! BOOO! HIISSSS" by any means, I like what they did, and I feel adding custom lore as they have is a great thing. I simply made a point that I don't agree with them running around in strips of leather.

And then, this:

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Not everything. I just like to argue for fun. However their accent is cockney.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 am

*Cough* Weeks of bullying and degrading and insulting *Cough* Leaving the guild even though being granted trust and important rank *Cough*

And to let you know, no one has done that before in Arathor, wearing lion cloths. We simply *GASP* like to take the piss out of ourselves, hence Jay won the costume party for that. Because we WANTED people to dress up silly. And the event was obviously a success so. Sorry if you're sad you missed it :S

(Yes I am slowly loosing my temper, cause all I see is indeed bullying. That is how it looks and feels to me).
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:34 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Stop being a dick for the sake of it. Cause that is plainly what you are doing..

Darling, just because I disagree doesn't make me a tosser. If I didn't have a point, I wouldn't be bringing it up. I'm not standing up and screaming "BOOO! KINGDOM OF ARATHOR SUCK! IT'S BUTCHERED LORE AND THE SERVER! BOOO! HIISSSS" by any means, I like what they did, and I feel adding custom lore as they have is a great thing. I simply made a point that I don't agree with them running around in strips of leather.

And then, this:

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Most Arathorians do not run around in 'strips of leather'. It was a themed night, a parody on our culture in a sense. Our soldiers wear fitting armour both mail, leather and hell even plate. You will not catch our soldiers running around the battlefield or even town wearing what Jayse did.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 am

I'd just like to suggest, if you don't have anything to add regarding the event itself, which essentially is the purpose of the thread, then please restrain yourself from commenting at all. You're just pissing people off, again.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 am

He bursted yet another one of you lil ' bubbles.

As has many others done in the past, but you´ll just blow out new ones.
[A] Arathorian costume night! - Page 3 2468832472_8a8f757466

And that´s cool, because one's used with all this mumbo'jumbo over the years. tongue And it's acted it out accordingly as one says, Can't really teach anything to an old dog. Dx

The event seems nice, people had a good time, things were laid back overall an enjoyable experience, fine ideals and nothing wrong! Wink
Lore is not really a subject to bring up here, because people weave up or twist together exactly what they want to hear, see or do!
< Rides off on his flying horse, and generic HH ripoff! >

Oh shi-...

Inb4 my words are twisted - Oh snap! Too late.

Last edited by (Goggy) - Exilius on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:38 am

Julia Beckjordsson wrote:*Cough* Weeks of bullying and degrading and insulting *Cough* Leaving the guild even though being granted trust and important rank *Cough*

Important rank? The guild was dead. We had, what, 5 officers (since every other member ofthe guild had been kicked) of whom 3 didn't even play any more and I fancied remaking into another race. I never made any 'bullying or insults' because frankly I know that I wouldn't have lasted long. If I wanted to do so, why would I even join the guild and contribute in such a place?

And to let you know, no one has done that before in Arathor, wearing lion cloths. We simply *GASP* like to take the piss out of ourselves, hence Jay won the costume party for that. Because we WANTED people to dress up silly. And the event was obviously a success so. Sorry if you're sad you missed it :S

(Yes I am slowly loosing my temper, cause all I see is indeed bullying. That is how it looks and feels to me).

I stated that I wasn't referencing the event already, I was considering bringing it up on a different thread and moving my post for a proper 'discussion' but then I was beaten to that by several replies.

It's not bullying because you disagree, indeed I had already taken the middle ground in saying I didn't mind any of this custom lore by any stretch I was bringing up a flaw that I felt there was in terms of actual.. hm, modernisation. If I was bullying, I'd be throwing around more insults and useless points.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:40 am

Julia Beckjordsson wrote:I'd just like to suggest, if you don't have anything to add regarding the event itself, which essentially is the purpose of the thread, then please restrain yourself from commenting at all. You're just pissing people off, again.

Note, that this post came whilst I was writing my last response.

And, in closing and with Exillius' theme:

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:46 am

For your information, Exilius, we've taken to heart a lot of people has told us and compromised a lot in the guild for the sake of the community, which has given us the respect we wanted and deserved. Of course when the things said has been valid at all.

Again, sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but this is DB lore. There are many respected and famous guilds that could have a lot of "bubbles burst", but in the end they have done a lot for the server, as has KoA. If people don't want to take part in server lore, no one is forcing them. But spewing stuff and trying to force THEIR views just because they get happy from being rebels, instead of simply focusing on their lives and their RP is just very, very unnecessary, not to mention childish.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Urrgghh. Why does everyone think Arathorians are vikings and barbarians? People only get that impression because 99% of their lore is from the Troll Wars and people from Kingdom of Arathor have drilled it into peoples heads.

I used to think this early on. Now I'm on the badwagon!

Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 am

Anaei puts a silencer on this Thread.

This is ended.

Danke.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am

Keep it on topic: the event.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I looked Ace!

*RAWR's*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm

You sure did Jay ^^ And hope you liked the prize!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:

And then, this:

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Most Arathorians do not run around in 'strips of leather'. It was a themed night, a parody on our culture in a sense. Our soldiers wear fitting armour both mail, leather and hell even plate. You will not catch our soldiers running around the battlefield or even town wearing what Jayse did.

I could!
But I prefer not too. And lately I walk about in full plate, but such plate that gives me atleast some move-ability.
The only barbaric I keep with me would be my weapons.

I also like the way DB's Arathorian server lore is, and enjoy being in the guild ALOT. Simply because, the roleplay I get on Faralan is an irl smile. And when you get to smile from roleplay, then everything's perfect.

Was a great event, by the way! (Hah! I'm still on topic. ;3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arador Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 pm

I still won half, Annie got third place wearing [Elegost's famous black lion cloak of awesomeness and kickass-ing]. So...hah.

Also.... WHY CANT WE ALL BE FRIENDS AND LIKE EACHOTHER?!
Arador
Arador

Character sheet
Name: Elegost 'The Lionheart' Dawnweaver
Title: Lord-Commander of Arathor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm

No arathorian wears jayse's outfit because they arent awesome commanders in wintergrasp!
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3