Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands!

+6
Zhakiri
Rasonal Dranger
Valerias
Jayse
Kristeas Sunbinder
Shrogan
10 posters

Go down

[Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands! Empty [Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands!

Post by Shrogan Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 am

It so happened that after the Second Gurubashi Empire moved to the Gates of zul'Aman to steal a few stone tablets, the Elves and the Trolls had a nasty, nasty run in with one another! And then, well, we were laid under siege and the likes, and after agreeing to a few things we finally found a way to break through and begin a chain of events which'll lead us on our journey down to the Vale!

This is the first story of many.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Trolls gathered, by the piled stones. Their construct lay on top of a sturdy wooden cart which they had spent the last few days building. The Emperor approached the construct and grinned widely at the small pyramid which lay before him. One, perhaps two stories worth of height. It could carry several Trolls, and fetishes. On several corners, there were piles of stones which glowed a faint purple, clearly, still remnants of the spell which the Emperor had cast before to protect the camp.
On the front of the Pyramid, two massive wooden masks, with sharpened tusks covered it's surface. And the Emperor grinned for they were sure to bring terror to those whom their lifeless eyes set their gaze upon. He turned to Miralee and Najwah and motioned them to take place besides the masks, on the pyramid itself. Then, he proceeded to order Ana'Sutra and Haeshi to take place behind them, tending to one skull pile each.
Shro'gan then climbed on top of the pyramid, and looked down at the assembled war camp beneath him. He saw the uneasiness in their faces, and grinned widely. Then, roaring above the chatter and whispers, the Emperor spoke.

"Trolls of the Empire! Tonight we break through the Elven siege! Call upon your rides and beasts! And come, for we ride to the Vale. Fear not, for it is the Will of the Emperor which guides you, and His mighty gaze which watches over you! Be ready for all sacrifices and naught shall be in vain!" And all hold their breaths and stand still. "Come! Come ride with me, and there shan't be death nor pain awaiting, but glory and slaughter! We have come prepared and we march to battle, neither fearful nor temerous! We march, no! WE HASTEN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!" And the present roared with might, for the Emperor's will burned in their veins! "FOR THE BLOOD OF OUR BROTHERS! FOR THE FIRE IN OUR SPIRITS! WE SHALL DELIVER DEATH UPON THE ENEMY!"

And in unison all replied "BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH!"

Troll climbed into the Pyramid, others rode by it's side in the few beasts left available and, as the whips cracked and the thunderous roar of the Trolls' chants broke the stillness of the Ghostlands, the Gurubashi War party began moving. It took not too long before they faced the first line of the Elven barricade. "Hold!" The Emperor snarled and all fell into silence, as there was no alarm sounding through as they approached. No, they'd not allow themselves to fall into a trap, and every life of their limited numbers was too precious to let go to waste.
One movement from the Emperor's hand and a few arrows rained down the Elven barricade. Neither gasps, nor alarm nor nothing was heard. The camp was... emptied. Left to it's own devices.
They had no time to lose, immediatly, the war convoy was set in motion again. And oh, what a delightful turn of events.
"Dambalah has blessed us my brethren! Take heart and do not falter! Surely they await us at the Elven Gates!"

Again sound loudly the drums of war and the chants to the Warbringer echo all around them! They bash their swords against their shields, they roar and below, announcing their arrival! But no Elves come to them. So be it, they shall pass through, and fight all which stand against them. Upon closing in, They see them, the Elves and their predicament. The Scourge of Plaguewood has made a desperate attempt to break through, and swarms over the gates. The Gurubashi cackle in delight! The Empress stands weaving her blessings to the Trolls, and Shro'gan grins as he looks down to them, from atop the construct. He strokes the fur of a certain Ghost-Wolf which lays down a step below him, soon there'd be blood.
"TROLLS OF THE EMPIRE! BREAK THEIR DEFENCES! SLAUGHTER ALL IN OUR WAY!" He ordered.

Rao led the charge, slamming into the ghoul formation, his fervent blood moving him, the Will of the Emperor moving him, not his own! Like a whirlwind of blood and blades he disappears amidst the enemy.
An Elf ran, fleeing from a marauding ghoul but quickly it's march is put to an end, as his escape is cut off by the Troll into which he slams against. Looking up, he sees the grinning Halazz, who bows his head, snarling at the Elf. Raising his axe up high, he howls furiously.
"BWOA*@@@!" The Elf is quick to roll away, letting Halazz cleave the ghould which chased it in half. As he made his escape, the Elf never looked back.
The Twins, shifting into Ghostly Wolves charged forward shifting only upon the enemy, jumping, clawing and tearing at their flesh. Between the two, Kaz'Ranjen and Ziata'Ima tore many. "FOR THE EMPEROR!" But the undead were restless. For each they cleaved, two more seemed to rise.
They battled, slowly forcing their way through. Ana'Sutra and Haeshi channeled their magic, protecting the War caravan from the spells of the adversary, holding on to the skulls which empowered them. Miralee and Najwah, gave no quarter, raining death upon the dead.
Ankania and Shajaa used all manners of spells to fend off the corpses from the Caravan. But not even that was enough.

Hide snarled and hissed, as he pushed them away from the Caravan, slamming his mace, tearing flesh and breaking bones, and Zhimda, jumping, shrieking for the Emperor's blood carving a grim monument on the Scourgelings.

Young Tzuul, stayed at the back of the Pyramid, on occasion casting an icy element against the enemy. He was still young and had seen little of battle. "LET NONE FALL!" Roared the Emperor from above amidst his chanting. Suddenly a hand, coming from underneath, grabbing on to the young boy's ankle and attempting to drag him too under the cart, were the trampled scourge awaited eagerly his flesh. He fell, thrown backwards, away from the Pyramid. Closing his eyes, in prayer as he was about to hit the ground, the cold embrace of the earth never came. Picked up by the strong arms of the Oath Bearer, Tas'jin, the vicious, looked at the young one. "We leave none behind." And with a malicious grin, he kicked the raptor's side, to hasten it towards the pyramid. Passing by, he tosses young Tzuul back to the construct and charges forth to aid the others in cleaving their path through.
Narg'Aya catches young Tzuul, grinning. "You'll be safe."

Screams for aid echo in the distance. "My Lord, the Elves seem to have a Troll prisioner amidst their ranks." Shro'gan snarls and hisses amidst the ominous chanting, rocking backing forth, still channeling the Imperial Will into his brethren, he issues it to be released. Kuf'Ell and Strike nod in unison, stepping into naught be shadows. Exigua followed briefly to provide them with cover.

In the cage, there was a Troll, of frail constitution and seemingly panicked. Upon seeing the colours which his rescuers bore, he froze. "I-I-I, I am Zalrah! It's me!" He stuttered as they attempted to free him. "I was making my way back to ya! Don't worreh'! Promise too!" But they had no time for idle chatter. The elves would surely attempt to prevent them from escaping if they took too long. Strike picked the lock as Kuf'Ell and Exigua covered them, slashing all stray wandering carcasses which got too close. Finally, freeing him, they put him on Exigua's raptor, sparing him the effort of running after his confinment.

The Emperor stood at last. "ALAS, NEITHER THE LESSER NOR THE RISEN CAN STOP US! FIGHT ON BROTHERS, FEAR NAUGHT DEATH FOR EVEN IT FALLS BEFORE OUR BLADES!" And they roared again. "BREAK THROUGH, FOR THE PATH IS CLEAR, LIKE THE RISING TIDE WE CAN NOT BE STOPPED!" And steel met bone yet again. They were almost through.
"BROTHERS OF THE EMPIRE! SISTERS! WE REIGN SUPREME! THROUGH BLOOD! THROUGH SACRIFICE, WE HAVE BROKEN THROUGH! GLORY TO THE GURUBASHI AND TO DAMBALAH! PRAISE BE TO THE GURUBASHI!"

And as they left down the path they cleaved, the echoes of their war chants lingered and were left behind.
"BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH!"

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

[Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands! Empty Re: [Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 am

((Awesome story. Had a good read.))

Back to top Go down

[Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands! Empty Re: [Story] Breaking out of the Ghostlands!

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:20 am

((Finaly Razz))
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:34 am

Quality stuff Shrogan m'ol son!

BLOOD FIRE DEATH! STARBUCKS! erm.. I mean.. *coughs*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 am

This reignites my secret desire to be a troll, darnit *mumbles*
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 am

Well, reroll a Troll! As I say, once ye go Troll, ye'll never reroll!

And Starbucks... hmmm...

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 pm

((I did. Three times. ;_; ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Trave/Vargosh/Thandros wrote:((I did. Three times. ;_; ))
You are just a backstabber.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm

You were never one for long enough! Plus, you went alliance, you dirty, dirty thing!

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

*enters thread, sees the last few posts, swiftly leaves*
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Praise be to the God-Emperor!

The God-Emperor never ceases to amaze me with His writing skills. Well done, O Most Belevolent One!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Nygarth wrote:*enters thread, sees the last few posts, swiftly leaves*

I didn't get it? Why post if you don't bother reading? o.O

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:30 pm

We choosed this particular moment in the program too, tango.

Lads, we gona get us sum' troll hunting, I can smell it!
Luckily they only got spears, and not laser guns.

Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh Shro, it wasn't literal I did read it, it was about faction changing :/
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Great story Shro` will be looking forward to the obvious battles that are to come with this.

Gogol wrote:We choosed this particular moment in the program too, tango.

Lads, we gona get us sum' troll hunting, I can smell it!
Luckily they only got spears, and not laser guns.

This fits it more.

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:
Trave/Vargosh/Thandros wrote:((I did. Three times. ;_; ))
You are just a backstabber.

((Infact, the two first times were alts I wanted to try SGE out with, but I never really got attached due to mains etc.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylreth Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:58 am

Awesome story, easy to read yet genius. It was actually the first story I read about the Gurubashi and thumbs up definitely. LF more as well :]
Sylreth
Sylreth

Character sheet
Name: Sylreth Manda'las
Title: The Saviour

http://nevren.wowstead.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down