Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bust up

2 posters

Go down

Bust up Empty Bust up

Post by Tírius Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 am

((An account of a recent RP encounter!))

Lynx watched his target, casting his eyes over him as a hawk would it's prey. His victim sat upon a horse, baring the Argent Guard's tabard; Rithain, traitor to the Sanctuary. Taking his time, Lynx crept forward, edging slowly closer to his victim, using the shadows to mask his presence. The bright moonlight shining down upon the calm surface of the canal, slightly illuminating the street just outside the Dwarven District, made his job somewhat harder, but he pressed onward until he was within range. He took one last breath before slipping from the shadows and leaping towards the man, launching a kick into his midsection, sending him sprawling. Lynx slung the rifle from his shoulder and pointed it at his victim, whom was now leant against the wall. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't blow your brains ou' all over the pavement." He growled in a deep, hoarse voice.
"I can think of many re-" Rithain was cut short as Lynx dropped his aim to his thigh and pulled the trigger, the mithril shot tearing through and lodging itself in his flesh. The aggressor quickly followed up the attack by smashing the butt of his rifle into Rithain's head, leaving him semi-conscious (something that was quickly cured by another swift blow).

Throwing the limp body over his shoulder, Lynx set off at a jog, breathing heavily due to the excess weight. He had to act with speed; it'd only take one witness to call the guards. Moments later he reached his destination, the cellar of the "Pig N' Whistle" tavern in Old Town. His face, hidden by a mask, softened with a sigh of relief as he dropped the body carelessly to the stone floor. Pulling a length of rope from his belt, he bound the traitor's ankles in an alacritous manner. Time for some fun.. he thought gleefully. It was just as his hands reached out to disarm him that four humans entered the cellar. Turning to look at them, he immediately identified one as Raviran, his exuberance diminished. Acting cheerful, he greeted them with "Ah, what a co-incidence, I just captured this Argent! Want a bite? He's still fresh!", though he knew that Raviran wouldn't be so easily won over - most people don't appreciate being subject to neurotoxic poisons, and most certainly wouldn't forgive and forget within a couple of days. He wasn't amused.. and voiced this by speaking in an accent so potent that even Lynx could barely grasp what he meant - something along the lines of ending both of them and getting rid of his problems.

After brief conversation and the appearance of Shade, who seemed somewhat pleased by Rithain's capture, it seemed as though Raviran may have finally changed his mind! Walking towards the prisoner he looked ready to boot him square in the head. The tides quickly turned however as he stepped straight past the body and grabbed Shade, forcing him to his knees and placing his blade to his throat. Almost simultaneously, one of his's companions launched a small shadow bolt towards Lynx whom was just slinging his rifle from his shoulder only to be struck in the chest and knocked backwards a few paces. Composing himself, Lynx raised the rifle to his shoulder, aiming down the sight. Abruptly, he moved his aim to another of Raviran's accomplices, a younger woman, and pulled the trigger. Meanwhile, Shade had teleported himself across the room in an attempt to evade attack, resulting in Raviran's attention changing to Lynx. The shot narrowly missed the girl who, in turn, fled the cellar. Catching movement from the corner of his eye, Lynx turned and used his rifle to block an incoming blow from the violent Cartel member, only to be knocked back into a rather large barrel. Raviran followed up the attack with a thrust of his blade towards his chest, while Shade and the other mage fought relentlessly on the other side of the cellar, throwing spells back and forth. Lynx stepped aside to avoid the harsh consequences of being impaled, however his arm was caught and a large chunk of flesh ripped out. His face, hidden beneath a mask, contorted into a grimace of pain. Shade launched a minor bolt of lightning into Raviran's chest, knocking him back and giving Lynx the chance he needed. Clutching the rifle in two hands, he swung it like a bat towards Raviran, who barely managed to block the blow. Dropping the rifle to the floor, Lynx drew his daggers and sliced towards his opponents throat in one fluid movement. His efforts were in vain however as the man simply ducked and charged into him, sending him flying onto his back. Raviran kicked one blade from his hand, jumping backwards to avoid the other being plunged into his thigh, giving Lynx the opening necessary to get to his feet. Out of no where came a yell: "We have you surrounded! Come out!" The brawl, rather bizarrely, came to a stand still. They all looked at each other for a moment, then stopped fighting completely. Lynx crouched down and picked up his rifle, taking a few steps towards Rithain who had awoken during the brawl and shuffled away. He pointed the rifle at him, and parted his lips to aggressively yell "We have a hostage!" to the guards in the room above. He looked briefly across the room to Ravirans companion, the magic user, who'd just climbed to his feet after being knocked down by Shade. Rithain let out a yell "It's me! Help me!". A familiar voice rose above the rest, shouting "It's me, Wulf. Let Rithain go and you can walk free!". After very brief hesitation, Lynx slung his rifle over his shoulder before unsheathing his blade and harshly pulling Rithain to his feet, then wrapped his arm around his throat and pressed the tip of his blade to his back. "Walk" he growled into the wounded Argent's ear.

Reaching the top of the stairs, with the traitor being used as a meatshield, the four of them (Lynx, Shade, Raviran and his companion) stepped out onto the main floor of the tavern, confronted by the sight of five or six guards. "Go to the far side of the room!" demanded Lynx in his harsh tone. The guards complied, shuffling away. Marching Rithain forward, sticking close behind him, he approached the exit, always keeping an eye on the guards. Then, with haste, he pushed the traitor forward toward the guard and sprinted as fast as his legs could carry him out of the door and onto Stormwind's streets, finding a tower of crates to hide behind while he tended to his open wound. He had eluded the guards.

(( This is my first post of this nature, so apologise if it bored the hell out of you! Razz Tell me what you think, I appreciate constructive criticism :3 It got quite difficult to remain articulate while trying to describe a mass brawl D: ))
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Bust up Empty Re: Bust up

Post by Eloresh Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Argh, you really got Rithain? Damn you, and thank the light Wulf was there to stop you *Eloresh glares angrily at Lynx.

Nicely written, I really thought I was watching the fight myself xD
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Tírius Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 am

Glad you enjoyed it Razz This was a good couple of months ago though Very Happy
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Although I commend you on your writing skills, wich are sublime and quite skilled and I loved the whole kidnap thing, the way he swiftly acted etc!

My criticism is:
I feel the scenes are not described carefully enough, i.e. the envoirement could use some more description. (Not too much, but some more xD) and the second fight, in the basement, I didn't like. It went too fast, too chaotic, I couldn't follow it and it was abit of a boring fight. In a story you have the power to make fights into something epic. Even though it might not have happened, you can write it differently than from what really happened, without infringing on what actually went down. If that makes any sense!

Anyway, it's a good story and you definitely have skill! Keep it up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tírius Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah, I had a hard time describing the basement fight - I suppose I could've slightly altered what happened so that it was easier to understand. I realized a while after that I hadn't described the environment/surroundings quite so elaborately as I should have. I'll keep this in mind next time ^_^ Thanks for the comment Very Happy
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum