Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement?

4 posters

Go down

COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement? Empty COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement?

Post by John Blake Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Hello,

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

If you don't want to know anything about Blizzcon for whatever reason you have, don't open the spoiler!!!

Spoiler:

Is this going to save the RP in our community?? I think it could!
John Blake
John Blake

Character sheet
Name: John Blake
Title: Druid Apprentice

Back to top Go down

COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement? Empty Re: COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement?

Post by Praeceps Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 pm

I did not see that particular panel, however from what I've read about it looks to me that this will be some sort of expansion on the Class Order Hall system or an expansion on the current guild system

For example:
When you go your class order hall you will not only see the people who are on your merged realmgroup but also those from other realmgroups. With new added orderhalls for professions etc
or
A guild for guilds

And again, most of the features you listed are already in the game:
Guilds, rosters and ranks -> no need for an explanation
Voice chat -> most people might not realise it but this is actually implemented in the game but the quality is so terrible we still resort to TS, Ventrillo or Discord.
Character specific groups -> Guilds are already character specific
Cross-Server -> with realm merges and server groups this is already a thing (but can be expanded on a lot)
Be in multiple communities -> Depending on what communities actually will be this can be either a good thing (pottentially one huge community filled with all the RP-guilds) or just some other place to afk our characters

I'll be keeping an eye on this new feature as more info is released, I can't say if I'm exited for it or not as it could be either great or it could be Garrison 3.0
But pottentially it can be a great blessing for the RPPVP community

One thing to keep in mind, Blizzard does have a habbit of announcing revamps of existing (mostly forgotten, ignored or hated) features as brand new things we could possibly need and want in the game.

Update 07/11 : I finally looked deeper into this communities thing, it looks to be an alternative to discord that is implemented into the game.
Praeceps
Praeceps

Character sheet
Name: James Masters
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement? Empty Re: COMMUNITIES! The Guild replacement?

Post by Ixirar Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 pm

The voice chat they're implementing is the same as the one in Overwatch. I.e. pretty good quality. Aside from that, yes it's basically just ingame discord.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Discord gotta be good if Blizzard went ahead to implement it into their game.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down