Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb

3 posters

Go down

[A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb Empty [A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb

Post by Sagefire - Dove Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Pasted to the wall beside the entrance to the Slaughtered Lamb is a notice, written upon treated hide and emblazoned with the emblem of the Illidari

Be Cautioned

Due to recent events alluding to the misuse of Fel power within the city limits, the Slaughtered Lamb is now being monitored by the Illidari. Go about your business as usual, but be advised that you are being observed. The lower levels are strictly off limit to those who do not have express permission to be there. The buildings function as a tavern shall not be compromised, and legal wielders of Fel magic shall not be hindered in any amiable business they may have there.

The vigil over this location is maintained by Anthaniel Sagefire. Seek her out if you have any questions.

The notice is signed with the emblem mentioned prior

Security Details:

• Monitoring Sigils, which act as scrying "beacons". When fueled with Fel energy the Sigils allow the scryer to see what occurred within range of the Sigils. Anyone who can detect the sigils would be able to tell that the off-area with the long table has less coverage, allowing more privacy. The lower floors are under complete and thorough surveillance.
  • Locked door to the lower levels. This door has two security measures. The first is a basic lock, the second is the dispelling of a Sigil of Chains, which would bind intruders with Fel Magic.
  • Magical detection. All who are involved in the monitoring of the lamb receive a brand upon their forearm. This brand burns (harmlessly but noticeably) if magic of an Arcane or Fel nature is used in the Lamb, and the bearer is away from the building itself.

For those who want to break past the defences for whatever reason!:

OOC:

Last edited by Sagefire on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added security that was set up.)
Sagefire - Dove
Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet
Name: Anthaniel Sagefire
Title: Acolyte

Back to top Go down

[A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb Empty Re: [A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb

Post by Sagefire - Dove Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:22 am

Updated security information Smile
Sagefire - Dove
Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

[A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb Empty Re: [A] [IC-Notice] Illidari presence in the Slaughtered Lamb

Post by Reynard Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Just a comment on this (coming at it from the PoV of my thief toon):   This effectively makes it impossible for my thief to rob this place.  I have no ninja-magic to get past monitoring sigils, nor to avoid your Fel binding spell.  I've not got any particular problem with that as this place was not a particular target for me, but if it is this easy to set up sigils and magical locks in the city, I can see my career being very short lived.  Smile

Not trying to supress any RP here - as always my intent is to promote it.  I guess I'm questioning (in a very constructive, not confrontational or accusatory way) what this approach achieves...?
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagefire - Dove Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Funny you should say that, I would think it rather easy for your thief! Easier than a magic user. A good physical disguise/mask, and stealing the key would nullify most of the issues you would have. It's more of a plot hook for my story than a set in stone fact. The defences are set against fel users primarily, and IC it is using resources the Illidari would use, rather than a standard shop as well Smile Plus, the Sigil of Chains only locks off the Warlock area, which would be a risky rob in and of itself!

However, now that you mention it, if anyone DOES want to rob past where the defences could be tricky, please whisper me and I will help you out with a method OOC if you like! Thanks for bringing this to my attention Fen Smile
Sagefire - Dove
Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:46 pm

For every magical lock, there is a magical key.

DW about your thief's career Fen. I am sure that there is a Witcer's medallion or similiar out there to at least warn you of magical traps. Your local fence shall provide. Wink
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Skarain wrote:For every magical lock, there is a magical key.

DW about your thief's career Fen. I am sure that there is a Witcer's medallion or similiar out there to at least warn you of magical traps. Your local fence shall provide. Wink

And so the RP flows. Nice one you two. Smile
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down