Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check)

2 posters

Go down

Should the Shady Lady (or other Stormwind tavern) be used as an additional RP hub?

The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Vote_lcap88%The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Vote_lcap12%The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Empty The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check)

Post by Edwin Manaspark Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Just want to check for interest (particularly among the non-Yorians, but your opinion counts too) in opening the Shady Lady as an additional RP hub for Alliance on the server. This, in particular, is in response to a Yorian noble now gaining ownership of the Recluse, and the Lamb still being used by Yore for various things.

While this isn't aimed particularly at the House, it isn't specifically designed for members of the Yorian Resistance either. Given the lack of random tavern RP (or RP in general) on the server, I believe something should be done to help create more of it.  Allowing groups less supportive of Yore to have a tavern used for gatherings will help create more IC conflict (which should not be mistaken for OOC conflict) and provide a place for those people to gather that would be logical for their characters.

One point raised previously was that this was too similar to my only other notable event: the Yorian Resistance meeting, which only takes place once every two weeks. While this may be somewhat true, I would argue that a constant RP hub that anyone can attend is considerably different to a fortnightly event that can only be attended by a select few followers of Edwin.

Just as a reminder, I'm not OOCly against Yore in any way, they're the only people that allow for my guild to continue existing, and I think this hub will benefit them almost as much as us, in the way of creating more RP for everyone. Especially given the absence of many important characters on the server, I think rekindling the city RP in any way possible can only be a good thing - even if it fails spectacularly.

Criticism of the idea is more than welcome.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Empty Re: The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check)

Post by siegmund Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Having more pubs be active is a fine idea, but you won't get much of a intrest check on this forum alone. If you wish to start up a pub and getting it active I sugest searching for some intrest on the realm forums and ingame oocly and Icly.

A new guild came up recently of a criminal variety ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) try getting in touch with them one way or another. Since pubs and extortion or mutual friendships go hand in hand and of course it can be used in your anti yore things since you brought it up a lot.

It usually isn't easy though starting new hubs in the city since as you said the population isn't very high, but with the right advertisement and so on it can bring some freshness in location and even new people into the fold of RP, so go ahead I'd say.

Just gotta say though for something not much to do with yore that post had a lot of yore in it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check) Empty Re: The Shady Lady Tavern - An Alternate RP Hub (Interest Check)

Post by Edwin Manaspark Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Thanks for the advice, asked the Spades and the Defias Syndicate. Went well, and with any hope, the hub will be starting up soon. We don't hope for it to be as active as the Lamb or the Recluse, but it just doesn't make a ton of sense for some characters to be there.

Agree about the Yore part, but given that they own both of the major RP hubs, that doesn't leave much place for the opposition.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down