Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A—RP] Battle Pet Classes!

4 posters

Go down

[A—RP] Battle Pet Classes! Empty [A—RP] Battle Pet Classes!

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:27 am

Posted by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Copied here by her permission.

Pommie wrote:When does this whole thing start?

September 16th at 20.00 CEST.

Hi! I'm Pommie.

I've been running a weekly RP event on Wyrmrest Accord (Americas) for the past 30 weeks that has grown immensely popular: battle pet classes!

Friends in the European Union have begged me to bring these classes to the EU region and I'm happy to report that classes will start in September 16 at 20.00 CEST.

If you're interested in collecting, battling, training, taming, and especially role playing with battle pets, this class is for you, regardless of skill level.

In this class we stay in-character and cover everything:

The families of pets
Genotypes and phenotypes
Qualities and attributes
Capture of wild pets
Battles
Strategies for the Grand Master Tamers
Strategies for the Celestial Tournament
Strategies against other players ((PvP))
((Pet Battle Add-Ons—this is our one OOC session))
Expanding your collection
Economics of pet battles
Ethics of pet battles

Classes are held in Theramore, so the event is cross-realm compatible.

Resources:

Pet Battle Classes info: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My pet collection: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My WarcraftPets profile: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My class covered in WoW Community Magazine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Video interview about my classes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See you in class!

Professor Pommie's Prodigious Pet Practicals — FAQ

What the heck is this, anyway?

Professor Pommie's Prodigious Pet Practicals is:

• A weekly RP event…
  • …In which we pretend to be in a classroom setting…
  • …That talks about battle pets.

Seriously? Could this get any nerdier?

Probably not.

What happens each week?

We gather as we would for any RP event. I play the role of the class's professor. We have a different topic for each week. I lecture on the families of battle pets; pet genotypes, phenotypes, and breeds; trapping and training pets; strategies for the Grand Masters; beating the Celestial Tournament; the economics of pet battles; and more.

Wait, genotypes? Breeds? We're talking about that Pokémon minigame in WoW, right?

Right! But all these topics are present in that minigame, and I unearth them all for you in an RP setting.

But isn't lecture RP boring?

The lectures I give in this weekly class are highly interactive. I frequently ask the class to answer questions and provide feedback to ideas during each session. It's a lot of fun!

I already know all about pet battles. Why should I attend?

To show off your knowledge and help create the lore behind battle pets. Yes, I said "lore". (This can't get any more nerdier.) WoW's battle pet system has no lore to explain why beast attacks are strong against critter pets or why there are 16 genotypes and 10 phenotypes. What we do in this class is help define that lore.

How many sessions are there?

28, plus an online midterm exam and a final battle exam, so 30 weeks in total.

30 weeks? I can't commit to anything that long!

Don't worry! Students come-and-go all the time. It's not like you're getting actual university course credit for this. It's just a fun, weekly RP event.

I heard you sometimes give away pets at the end of each class. Is that true? If so, aren't you just bribing people to come to your event?

Yes, and yes.

What if I'm on the Horde?

If the class is well-attended on the Alliance faction, I'll create a goblin "Pommie" and teach it on the Horde side as well.

I've already taught the class to the Alliance on Wyrmrest Accord (Americas) and it was a heavily-attended and popular RP event. I'm currently teaching it to the Horde there too.

What if I'm not on Argent Dawn?

Relax! I teach the class in Theramore, which is cross-realm compatible. I'll simply invite you to the raid—which we use as our OOC back-channel.

When does this whole thing start?

September 16th at 20.00 CEST.

What if I have other questions?

Feel free to mail Pommie a note in-game, or send me a private message on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (username: Pommie), or send me email: shoo+pommie@BlackLotus.info.

See you in class!

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A—RP] Battle Pet Classes! Empty Re: [A—RP] Battle Pet Classes!

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 am

Skarain: Overlaps with Weekly RP Event, the next one set on Wednesday. Whad'ya think Maelmoor? Keep the both events that date or move Weekly RP Spot to some other day?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am

I think this will be a very niche crowd, that there will be some who want to do this I don't doubt, but I think most would prefer to have the weekly RP spot open, no reason we can't do both, right?
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:38 am

No reason why not, indeed! Besides, the event is cross-realm, so they are not exactly "lacking" people in there. Might be anything between 5 to 50 people there from what we know. Not all like such crowds.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Doesn't Theramore have huge phasing and lore issues as it's destroyed for anyone who did the scenario?
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:34 pm

You should be able to go back to "old theramore" by just talking to a NPC, plus you probably don't have to take it as Theramore itself, just a nice quiet and well looking spot probably.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Ah, wasn't aware of the NPC. Guess it works then, as long as they don't claim it's Theramore ofc.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down