Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED

+2
Skarain
Zackarn Yorelas
6 posters

Go down

(A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED  Empty (A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 pm

*A poster found within the shady lady, various armour stands and the slaughtered lamb*

Are you a poet, and you know it?

The House of Yore are pleased to announce it's intentions to host an open poetry recital, at which all may listen to, or recite as they please.

For to long now the cultural back drop of our fair city has been entrenched in bloody conflict, but in war there is poetry, in all things for those of a mind to indulge such grandeur.

We cordially invite all to attend this community function, to be held in the gazebo area behind the cathedral, overlooking the lake on the 13th of September.

We predict it to run from 20:00 to 23:00 at the latest, with intermissions planned between recitals; during which the fine staff of the Shady Lady will be on hand with refreshments for those wishing to partake, Wine, Chesses, and Biscuits at a modest price.

How to enter your own work;

To participate as one of the reciters, it will be necessary to produce a copy of your poem and mail it to "Drakore" of House Yore.
Upon recite and approval, you will then me mailed a confirmation letter, approving your piece for the recital. (To be presented to the functionary's on hand on the day)

Your work will then be logged in an open news letter which we intend to name "The Poets Society" with your works title and author name at the end, available to all on request a few days after the function has concluded.

As a note on conduct and dress, it is a black tie event. Dress accordingly and conduct your self in a manner respectful of your fellow attendees.  While we encourage debate during the intermission, during a recital we politely ask you remain silent; Once the recital is finished there will be a brief pause where you may show your appreciation for the piece with applause before the host announces the next recital.

If you would like to know more please contact a House of Yore representative and they will direct you toward someone able to answer your query.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((OOC))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Drakore-Sporeggar  (Written so, that will ensure your mail reaches me)

I would like to give a shout out for the original concept that was created in Argent Dawn, it went over well there and I hope the maturity exists here for it to do similarly well, and why I do realize poetry is not to everyone's forte, it does not need to be a master piece. it can be a short amusing limerick, or the epic of Gilgamesh.  (Please do not plagiarize other poets work, as any such entry will be rejected)

As for the letter, if it has multiple parts please number the letters accordingly so I'm able to make sense of them.

If there are any questions about this I'll be checking the post and try to answer them as quickly as I can, fingers crossed this goes well and I hope to make it a monthly thing.

On a side note the collected poems will be stored in the defias RP site, for any wanting to read through them (Which will function as the IC news letter)

Last edited by Sir Zackarus Xaviour on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED  Empty Re: (A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED

Post by Skarain Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Linked on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

(A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED  Empty Re: (A-RP) Stormwind Poetry Society - CANCELLED

Post by Mallucis Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Thumbs up! I'll support this initiative as much as I can (I'm not a poet, though).
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Bumping this up.

13th of September is this week Sunday.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:30 am

- CANCELLED -
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:00 am

:/
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 am

Could try the event again after some time with a more open concept, maybe? Keeping to the Black Tie protocol requirement (with the help of a few bouncers), keeping to a high-class event atmosphere but removing the requirement of applying the poem beforehand by letter. Mingle around, listen to the classic violin music played by a band, listen to the poems and maybe reward the best amateur poem at the end of it.

That might work better here on DB? We sadly do not have as many high-class (nobles) roleplayers in here as they do on AD.

I admit I did not find the time to write a poem to it myself.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm content with the method I applied to this, it would have ticked all the boxes, having the poems before hand, in a letter format allows me to copy paste it for posterity, because I do not have the patients to navigate a 3 hour long events chat log.

Still I will post the entry I received in the art of Yore on the 14th. I intend to stick to the system I had in my mind for it; regardless of how it turned out.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Your expectations are way too high. You can't just expect to bring a whole new concept to the server and get a huge success on the first attempt.

Making the event more open as Skarain suggested would probably help. I don't think there are that many people who write poems, but maybe they'd be inspired to improvise one on the spot after hearing other people's poems. You could then ask them to send it to you via in-game mail or just realize that organizing events isn't meant to be entirely effortless and copypaste the poem with a chat addon.

You also ought to advertise it more in LFRP, for example. You simply can't fit the entry instructions as well as the other information in the event description post. Perhaps there were more people with entries, but had no idea that you needed to mail them beforehand.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:01 pm

I never assumed it was effortless and I did all of the above, advertising in lfrp, forums, here and defias realm.

I also started 3 weeks before hand, just to allow enough time that there would no reason for anyone who wanted to participate to be unaware of it.

Also I never expected a huge success. I managed my expectations and went in to this, knowing that it would almost certainly fail.

But I did "Try" ; That it failed is not a reflection on my lack of effort or planning.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:13 pm

I can't remember seeing an advert in LFRP that would've explained how to make an entry, even though I am online almost 24/7. Oh well, maybe I just didn't pay attention, then.

Either way, it's disappointing that you just cancelled it instead of going with whatever you have. People have planned their calendars and events so that they would be free on Sunday for your event, but now you just removed it. Meanwhile I have two events that overlap on Saturday because the random RP spot was moved just for you.

Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:24 pm

One entry was made, I can't hold the event with one entry. So check the salty attitude please.

I'm annoyed it can't happen, but the fact is, it required players to make entries, and they didn't.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, make a plan B next time. Or get enough entries before setting a date and messing with everyone's calendars.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:40 pm

I will certainly give your complaint all the consideration it is due.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Could this be held as part of Stormwind's community college courses? Especially as I am planing to keep literature course.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Yes and no, the idea behind it was very IC driven, as it would have allowed the House to fulfil certain needs.

That you could include a poetry course in the curriculum I have no doubt, that it would be worth the House sponsoring it comes down to how much gold it will make them and who it will allow them to mingle with. Also the only "Poets" in the House are Zackarus (In so far that he could teach others) and I doubt an Unholy Death Knight is someone you want teaching students.

Still, it's not entirely impossible. Just very improbable.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:26 pm

There is no reason to get too emotional here. The idea is a great one. We had some poets over the years, and you can find their creations here in this very forum. But it never went public, so to say (or at least I can't recall a single event).

I myself had some ideas before, but I never had a chance nor time to implement them. For example: I'd love to hear or read any work that would cover something that is there in game and we all love it - tavern music. I'm working on some songs already, but, again, I'm not a poet.

If you had some IC reasons which you didn't mention in the OOC description then leave it to your own secrecy, don't use it as an argument. Or simply write it there. From my own experience I know, that if you don't express yourself clearly and thoroughly in the original post, then you have a long discussion about basics (I don't know why people are so suspicious about other members ideas; I'd wish for them to have more trust in Others).

If you need any help let me know. I have nothing against Death Knights.
Spoiler:
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Ah what a shame, I wasn't home tonight so didn't leave my poem, I save it for next time. A good idea is to use the calendar event list of names that we use for most public events, that would help bring a lot more attention I am certain of! Next time there will be one more entry at least!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:58 pm

There is no reason to get too emotional here.

I agree, which is why I didn't.

If you had some IC reasons which you didn't mention in the OOC description then leave it to your own secrecy, don't use it as an argument.

It is a reason against the House sponsoring it in a school environment, I think you may have misinterpreted the meaning.

Next time there will be one more entry at least!

I do hope to try again, but I will take the various advice I have been given here and wait until the climate is more "right" for it, it may take awhile... But I will do what I can to speed the process along.

**Edit. (Because Pointing out bad points alone is a dick move)

I do appreciate the offer Mal, and what encouragement was laced into your post is well received and I will consider it during my deliberations
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down