Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoA: Satyr

3 posters

Go down

WoA: Satyr Empty WoA: Satyr

Post by CarmtanNightglade Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 am

Greetings all! Thanks for checking out this thread.  This is a new mini storyline happening in the next few weeks, it will be a three part event-line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So here is the story:

Many years ago the Satyr dwelled in great number within the forests of Ashenvale, striking on their former, untwisted, kin when they least expected it. Like flies caught in a spiders web they ended the lives of many scouting parties, patrols and even unarmed expeditions - sometimes turning them into one of their own. Though many groups of Satyr existed and they do remain affiliated with the Burning Legion, this story focuses on a group called the Shadowbarb and they are not immune to the temptations of vengeance.

The Shadowbarb dwelled north of Astranaar until a Kaldorei herbalist group began researching methods of combating their magics and tactics using reagents (Khadgar's Whisker, Ice-cap and the Purple Lotus). The research was a great success equipping Sentinels with the means to drive the Shadowbarb away from Atranaar in far fewer numbers than before. The shades of Ashenvale are the perfect place to exact their revenge.

While at a research station the remainders of the small herbalist group were snatched away into the darkness and are beginning the process which will turn them into what they provided research to fight against - a fitting punishment in the eyes of a Shadowbarb Satyr.

While the Sentinels investigate when they can but are locked in battle with the Horde - an Ancient of Lore has requested the aid of adventurers to bring the herbalists home.

The three events will occur on the 1st, 7th and 8th of August - featuring a rolling system for outcomes. As it stands currently I will be using a classic rolling system such as:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though instead of different rolls having numerical value, putting the soul success of your actions on RNG, I will be removing strong success (70+) and adding in more variables in which characters inside of the event can get +'s depending on what they emote. This doesn't mean the longest emote wins but more so what your character is trying to perform in a certain situation. Here are some examples:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are attacking an undead entity and you as a Paladin wield the light in your action or defence against said entity - I will award +5 to the roll.

If you are a marksman/hunter/ranger/rifleman/etc and are firing from higher ground on a target logically visible and 'reachable' I will also award +5.

If you play a sorcerer and are trained in the School of Abjuration, raising a light mana shield around yourself prior to combat will give you +5 to a defence roll.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 5's are mere examples of course. What I am looking to do is steer the rolling system, only slightly, away from being based entirely on luck and base it more on what you are actually trying to do, when, where and against what.

Serious failure (>20) will still be used as lets face it - it can be down right hilarious. Fumble (1) and Critical Success (100) will also still exist. It is simply that strong success will be removed and the simple success bracket will be extended.

Note: In my events I tend to DM it so the rolling failures aren't an impact on the characters study or experience. It could be an environmental effect or something your target has done that makes the attempted action un-successful or even a fumble.

Anyone is welcome to come but please note we are aiming for a certain level of quality in the events - detailed actions and initiative being the overlying aim. Simply message here if you'd like a calendar invite, whisper me in-game or even send me an in-game mail. IC notices will either be sent out to your character asking for your aid or around public areas closer the time. Thanks for reading Smile

Last edited by CarmtanNightglade on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet
Name: Carmtan Abendas Nightglade
Title: Physician

http://wardensofazeroth.wowlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

WoA: Satyr Empty Re: WoA: Satyr

Post by Skarain Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Sounds interesting! We shall see if Light's Hammer do have the time to head over to join you. Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:47 pm

The Wardens have also began their investigations into the disappearance of the three herbalists from the Shadenook family.

Through routing out a spy within Astranaar, a Satyr under the illusion of a weapons vendor, we discovered a myth about the Satyr could well be very real.

On the first, seventh and eighth of the last month within the Summertime a veil surrounding a dark domain drops during the temporary annual alignment of three stars. It is in this time the Satyr hunt down more unsuspecting prey for their transformation rituals. It is also the only other time a non-Satyr being can witness the domain without the Satyr revealing it to you personally.

Through scrying the remains of the slain Satyr spy and belongings of the herbalist group the location has been pinpointed. A Kaldorei ruin overlooking eastern-Ashenvale. Traps are beginning to be set and more are requested through letters to help act upon the ruins on the first, seventh and eighth of August when the veil drops and the horrors within can be seen first hand.

Thank you to Gerrond, Velveteen, Elisheva, Icalor, Aeron (Khazon), Murisarya, Mcallister, Ryzactra and Mingze for attending and fuelling the prelude RP.
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:53 am

I like it! We'll try to be there on Friday.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Thank you very much everyone who came to the Community Eventline: Satyr. This marks the end of the eventline now and we all had tonnes of fun running it. Special thanks again to Esberon for helping me double-DM the series.

The picture above is the reunited Shadenook family in a celebratory selfie Wink
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down