Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical magic?

+3
Ixirar
Thondalar Stormleaf
Tnecniw
7 posters

Go down

Magical magic? Empty Magical magic?

Post by Tnecniw Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:43 pm

This is a question about magical nature... So it will be hard to give a completely correct answer.

Is it possible to make someone into what could best be described as a "magical magnet". Simply someone that litterally works as a conduit of some kind of magic (or universally magic). Meaning that the person (if it for example would be a "magnet" of life/nature magic) would be able to create trees with a snapp of their finger or grow roots with a simple nod. (This is just a example and I doupt that even if someone where such a thing they couldn't do that)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Magical magic? Empty Re: Magical magic?

Post by Tnecniw Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 pm

And I now realize I wrote the wrong words in the title...

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:52 pm

I will admit I am not 100% sure what you mean? I doubt anyone could use magic like that. I mean, even Cenarius can't create trees with a snap of his fingers. It requires time and concentration. Magic can be learned, but in the case of druids, it is a power you are born with. A connection to nature that needs to nourish and grow through training and time.

When it comes to magic in general, there is no real shortcuts. I mean the shortest shortcut you can do, is go the way of fel, but that also fucks you up bigtime.

TLDR: Magic is a learning process that takes time. Not something you automatically get great at with no effort at all. There is no such thing as 'magical magnets'. There is people born with more talent then others, but even they need to study and spend time practising.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Of course. I understand that as well. Those usages of maic I told you about where just exaggerated examples. But what I mostly meant is

Certain items in the world of Warcraft universe acts like a focus, to increase the magic or such, making magic usage easier like that. What I am asking is if it would be possible to MAKE another being that focus.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 pm

You can use magic to absorb the arcane energy around you, if that's what you mean. Kael'thas does it in Tempest Keep.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 pm

If I remember right, you sort of can use your own body as a conduit when channeling magic. Sorcerers I think do that mainly.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:13 pm

OP, you asked about magical magnetism, then used druidiac sounding things a size the example.
If that is the intended example, then the answer is no, no you can't. And as Lannael said magic can't just happen.
To add to what Ixirar said, if you absorb magic, you've absorbed it.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 pm

I think I know what you mean.

One of Terry Pratchetts books has something similar.

Quote wrote:There was an eighth son of an eighth son. He was, quite naturally, a wizard. And there it should have ended. However (for reasons we'd better not go into), he had seven sons. And then he had an eighth son... a wizard squared... a source of magic... a Sourcerer.

I think this is a very accurate representation of what you mean.

However, I don't think it's possible in WoW lore. Even if it is possible, you shouldn't RP it out as it seems way too overpowered, a hella lot more so that Death Knights.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Just asking Very Happy I am trying to avoid going out of lore so I ask around when I get a new idea

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Don't do it. Please for the love of Noodles don't do it.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Tnecniw wrote:Just asking

How dare you even!
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 pm

There is things is wow lore that can absorb magic. Like Ixirar said, Kael'thas does it, but he is also a fairly old elf with a lot of magical pre-knowledge. There is also the spell 'drain mana' that warlocks used to have, which effectively sapped the mana of the other caster unto yourself to empower you.

When you use magic, the source of mana comes from somewhere(normally the mana in the mage itself), goes through the conduct (normally the mage) which are flooded into the rune\incantation and then boom into a spell.

One can also make objects which is enchanted, then slotted with a energy source(managem ect) to power it. Imagine it like a circuit(the runes) with a battery(managem) which boosts electricity into a light bulb(the spell).

There is several creatures in WoW lore which consumes spells and grows more powerful from it, like the Felhound, but I am unsure if this is something a humanoid could do just as easy in the same way that a Felhound does it.

There there is the simple rule of RP. Just because you -can- be super overpowered, don't mean its a good idea to be it.

It's good that you ask advice before doing stuff, OP. ^^ There is also plenty good things to look up on WoWpedia. Or wow.gamepedia.com as they call themselves now.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:30 pm

*shrugs* I didn't ask this to ask if I could be OP without breaking the lore. I was mostly after a version where someone had been "made" into a focus of magic against his/hers own will and couldn't controll the powers said person where drawing towards them. But good to know Very Happy

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down