Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?

+5
Muzjhath
Sadok
Krogon Devilstep
Skaraa
ForTheHorde
9 posters

Go down

[H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?  Empty [H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?

Post by ForTheHorde Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm pretty new on the Horde RP Side, but as far as I know there is no place where everyone can meet and RP. (Something like SW is for Alliance.)

That is pretty sad since then you may almost only RP within your Guild. But what if a character is a lone-wolf and doesnt want to be a part of a group? Not to mention all the low-level characters that can't travel to Draenor.

Now, for me any place is good. Orgrimmar might not have the best environment, though we have Silvermoon, Ratchet and Booty Bay.

It would be very fun if we could decide some place to hang out in, where you can go and find some random RP Smile
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?  Empty Re: [H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?

Post by Skaraa Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:43 pm

I could not agree with this more, the Horde could do with a hub for Random RP. Silvermoon has a poor reputation on most servers for this purpose (a stereotype, I know..) perhaps Thunder Bluff or Ratchet? Both are low level zones and easy to reach.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?  Empty Re: [H] Establish some sort of RP Hub?

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Sorry to be the burden of bad news...

But most, if not all the Horde RP guilds wouldn't/can't/couldn't come to a hub right now regardless. most being nomadic, and tending to follow major plots, don't follow hubs... and as proven by WoD and them all being in Draenor, I'd suggest you bring the hub to the Horde, not the Horde to the hub.

Because otherwise, aint no Orc shifting nowhere.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:22 pm

I won't say a Horde-based RP hub can't work, because for various periods of time they have existed. But the Horde does seem to have a considerably different dynamic from the Alliance, at least insofar as guilds move around frequently, are found out in the world hunting and exploring, and cross-guild interaction is largely limited to festivals and campaigns.

I won't say that's the perfect system, but in the case of OotRB, we'd have faced incredible stagnation and staleness if we stayed in a hub-area long-term, and we're not overly fond of globe-trotting from an RP focus just to sit in a tavern (where's the IC sense in that?).

I'd echo Krogon's assertion that the RP is out there -- you just have to be proactive and find it, rather than hope it'll all fall into your lap while sat in a city or other town far from the action on Draenor.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:43 pm

There has occationally been hubs. Back during Wrath there was almost always RP in Silvermoon (of questionalbe quality at times).
Then Guldenjuju used to run his Ratchet bar and that was a bit of a hub for a while.

The problem with a horde hub is that most of the guilds, are as stated above, wanderers. And share where they are for people who want to roleplay more often than not if you just ask.

However, maybe something that would be good is some sort of "Where is the guilds now" list. Even if that would be hard to find for new people.
Basically a list of "OotRB: Crossroads", "Blood Wolf: Northrend" etc. To make for easier tracking and "movable hubs".
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Muzjhath wrote:
However, maybe something that would be good is some sort of "Where is the guilds now" list. Even if that would be hard to find for new people.
Basically a list of "OotRB: Crossroads", "Blood Wolf: Northrend" etc. To make for easier tracking and "movable hubs".

In theory, a great idea if this wasn't an RP-PvP realm. While it's easy enough to find RPers to grief if you're so inclined, and while we're usually up for fighting back, the kind of small-scale campfire RP such a scheme would benefit is particularly susceptible to disruption due to having fewer people online.

That said, if a non-affiliated RPer ever wants to find our RP focus, they need only ask any member -- and we've had a scheme running for a few years where anyone who asks can get invites to our RP calendar events without needing to join OotRB. So I would encourage anyone that feels like they're on the outside looking in to just ask a whisper a couple of people -- we don't have our current positions on a billboard for everyone to see, but we're hardly hiding away.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Though not everyone are wanderers or nomads.
And if people get the option to not be, maybe it will be more "non-travelling-around-all the time-people."

I think Ratchet/Booty Bay is a great idea. You can easily take the boat between them. Though we wont have acces to General och Trade chat...
Only problem I can see is that it might come some PvP:ers and slaughter us... But it is at least worth a try!

Anyone with me on this? (Or have any other suggestion for a place?)

ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 pm

While i have seen the Horde only briefly, i do throw my few cents.

Currently, Silvermoon City seems to be a "hub" of sort. At least, that is a place where i have been able to find roleplaying at. They are not huge numbers, and it's mostly based around the Tavern, plus one Council meeting i think was on Sunday, and then individual guilds having their own RP.

Having a hub is not a bad idea, but a hub requires "people" with a reason to be there. As said before, most Horde guilds (not all) are nomadic. Several Blood Elf guilds are based to Silvermoon. One College of Magic is based to Undercity.

While having a Goblin city as a hub would not be a bad idea, it would require an active Goblin (or other scoundrel) guild to hang around the area regularly. Roleplaying thrives on where it is found. Other guilds may move to an area where there is interaction with other people to be had.

...put short, you can try to establish a guild somewhere, but unless multiple guilds decide to hang in the area by their own initiative, a hub won't last.

I'm pretty new on the Horde RP Side, but as far as I know there is no place where everyone can meet and RP. (Something like SW is for Alliance.)
Try Silvermoon. Start by the tavern close to the southern gate. That is as close to "Stormwind" the Horde have got, and is a place for you to find random RP. (also some other places around Silvermoon, when you decide to say hi to individual guilds making their home at different places).
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 pm

What people are in trade and general chat anyway? In my experience trade was only spam and trolling and I generally always left general because I had too many channels as it was.

As for "non-travelling-..." there has at times been hubs. As stated. They just don't tend to last very long since the horde side community who wants that type of hub is rather small.

Edit: And from my experiences if you just try you can find RP in a lot of weird places. Like having a discussion in character about who saw a herb first. (Until a max leveled alliance came, killed us both, and took it)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 am

Anyone interested in making a guild that runs a tavern or something like that, send a in-game mail or whisper to Gurkaz.

(So that people may have a reason to come to the Hub)
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Another idea could be to create some sort of Kor'kron loyalist guild, that is still loyal to Garrosh.
That could make some action in Orgrimmar and around it.

Anyone interested?
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:50 pm

No...

...because once again, Everyone is on Draenor.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Everyone is on Draenor.
"Majority", not all. Silvermoon Inn remain active (last time checked last night).
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 pm

ForTheHorde wrote:Another idea could be to create some sort of Kor'kron loyalist guild, that is still loyal to Garrosh.
That could make some action in Orgrimmar and around it.

Anyone interested?

We weren't able to get a Kor'kron guild going even during MoP, when that would have been both relevant to the content and helpful for the entire community. There is no indication that the Kor'kron (whether loyal to Garrosh or otherwise) continue to exist in any fashion, and any remaining Garrosh loyalists would likely be heavily persecuted or have fled to join the Iron Horde.

If you're after slightly darker, rough around the edges Horde RP, I'd try Blood Wolf Clan (though they aren't Garrosh-loyal). Otherwise the notion of Kor'kron wandering around Orgrimmar of all places would be deeply anachronistic -- sort of akin to Lady Prestor loyalists in modern day Stormwind.

There's still a massive niche for Iron Horde RP out there, but you'll find that on Draenor rather than Azeroth.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:31 pm

I've had the idea to setup a hub at the Crossroads but since Draenor was the next expansion it wasn't going to work. Talked a bit with Rargnasha about something but, as Krogon said, most guilds are following their own little adventures (mine included) and going to a "hub" isn't going to work.

Definitely something to setup in the near future though.
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Mobile Goblin-run multi-racial all-gender inclusive strip club.

There. Boom. Problem solved.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Most has been said regarding the dynamic of the Horde's RP but I'll throw my 2 cent in regardless as from what I can see, the Horde 'Hub' is as nomadic as the guilds that are within it.

For as long as I can remember in the most part, the themes and plots that have ran and incorporated the major Horde RP Guilds, have popped around the place creating temporary 'hubs' in the process where all guilds that are involved (and guilds that aren't involved but are looking to be!) gather and RP during casual times and during events (both guild-only and group events) center around that hub/zone usually returning to them to lick their wounds.

Currently I would say the vast majority of Horde RP centers around Frostfire Ridge, this may change in the near future but I can't imagine the majority of it ever leaving Draenor right now, so as said prior don't move the Horde to the hub, move the hub to the Horde like it has always been!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 pm

I tend to agree with Gashuk here. Though Silvermoon always retains an RP presence - its isolation is also its allure - no flying mounts coupled with Sin'dorei chic - winning combination.

The hubs move with events - the Horde gatherings were always good occasions and moved around the lands. I am sure in the fullness of time they will resume in some form. In the meantime furs and snowshoes guarantees a Frostfire welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down