Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade!

+5
Magaskawee/Anaei
Mikasa
Zhakiri
Jayse
Valerias
9 posters

Go down

[IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade! Empty [IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade!

Post by Valerias Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

'Hear ye, hear ye! Or some such shite!'

Annie Fox stood at the top of Stormwind's trade district, bellowing in a rough voice that carried surprisingly well, considering that it came from the lungs of a tiny woman rather than from a hearty dockworker or a broad-chested soldier.

'Th' Smokin' Blade, one o' this city's oldest an' abso-LUTE-ly fines' drinkin' establishments, 'as new hours! Tha's right lads an' lasses! It's goin' t' be open every Wednesday an' Saturday evenin', an' Tuesdays after th' council meetin's!'

The woman took a deep breath. Whew, she was going to need a bleeding pint after this. Maybe two.

'An' every Saturday we'll be 'avin' drink specials, t' get ye some o' th' world's bloody fines' booze, righ' in yer mugs, for th' bes' prices! Don' miss it!'

She put two fingers in her mouth and punctuated her speech with an ear-splitting whistle. A small gnome in mage's garb, her hair an elegant, curly pink, happened unfortunately to be passing by; she clapped her hands to the sides of her head with a small squeal.

Annie coughed lightly. 'Ehm, sorry missy.'

The lady gnome looked up with a glare, though the fury of the expression was somewhat spoiled by the fact that she was still patting one ear. 'My dear lady,' she said, 'haven't you ever heard of handing out flyers? You'll make half the city deaf!'

'Eck lass, I ain' a printin' press!' Annie started to laugh, reaching up to retie the messy knot of red hair at the back of her head and then dusting her hands off with a flourish. 'This is th' Smokin' Blade we're talkin' abou'. A proper tavern!'

The gnome wrinkled her nose, at last deigning to remove her hands from her ears completely, and looked up at Annie with dignity. 'Well... if this... Smoking Blade is as good as you say it is, do you serve Aged Dalaran Red? Don Carlos Tequila? Caraway Burnwine? I do appreciate a good burnwine.'

Smirking, Annie looked down to meet the gnome's expression. 'I think ye've jus' decided on our firs' drink special, lass. Come roun' Saturday nigh', an' I'll serve ye th' fines' burnwine ye ever laid eyes on.'

The gnome considered a moment, and then nodded. 'Very well, I expect great things!'

Annie chuckled as her first potential customer went on her way again. And then, looking up the street, she groaned. 'Ergh, righ'... now for th' res' o' Stormwind's districts... an' then t' do this again tomorrow...'

It was hard work, running one of the city's oldest and (absolutely) finest drinking establishments.

==

OOC:

Firstly if you read all of that, I love you! Secondly, the Smoking Blade tavern in Stormwind is actually (gasp) going to have some official opening hours to make it easier both for us and for the wider roleplaying community. We intend to be open on other and sundry days apart from these official hours, when Old Town Syndicate members are free, but you can count on someone being there to open the tavern at the following times:

-Tuesday nights after the council meetings, so from about 22:00 server time.
-Wednesday nights from about 20:00 until midnight.
-Saturday nights from about 20:00 until midnight.

Saturday nights will also be our weekly drink special nights. On that evening you can, of course, get the Blade's regular selection of alcohol (or water, for the faint of heart!), but we'll also be widely advertising one particular drink at a cut price. In doing so, we hope to introduce the community to some of the more exotic liquors of Azeroth!

This Saturday, May 22, will be our first of such nights and we intend to make a gala opening of it. Swing by the Blade from 20:00 onward to taste our new wares and enjoy the atmosphere!

If you have any questions, please contact me (Aniane), Ledgic, Delmy or Tomwat. We hope to see you around.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

[IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade! Empty Re: [IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade!

Post by Jayse Thu May 20, 2010 2:24 pm

<3
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

[IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade! Empty Re: [IC] New opening hours for the Smoking Blade!

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm just saying, I'm still banging the door down any day of the week for a drink. ;<

...<3 (By the way, was it just me that kinda imagined that Gnome to be Anaei's...Vezullia, or whatever? lol...)
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Thu May 20, 2010 3:35 pm

I should really drop by sooner or later.. Been too long, and now I know when! \o/
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Nygarth wrote:I'm just saying, I'm still banging the door down any day of the week for a drink. ;<

...<3 (By the way, was it just me that kinda imagined that Gnome to be Anaei's...Vezullia, or whatever? lol...)

No. Simply put. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu May 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Nygarth wrote:I'm just saying, I'm still banging the door down any day of the week for a drink. ;<

You, sir, are always welcome <3 And the gnome was a figment of my imagination!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 5:06 pm

<3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Fri May 21, 2010 11:56 am

The word "closed" does not exist in Dorik's vocabulary....nor the word "vocabulary" for that matter.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Now that OTS is beginnin' to change slowly to legal.....Cartel is gainin' more power! Soon if you look at the word criminal / outlaw in the dictionary you'll find Cartel's logo next to it.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri May 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Raviran wrote:Now that OTS is beginnin' to change slowly to legal....

Stormwind wishes Smile
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Which is exactly why noone suspects the blade. Even thier underworld rivals have no clue as to what's really going on *chuckles*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Raviran wrote:Now that OTS is beginnin' to change slowly to legal.....Cartel is gainin' more power! Soon if you look at the word criminal / outlaw in the dictionary you'll find Cartel's logo next to it.

"That's my seat."

*Trave doesn't reply*

"Hey, that's my seat."

*Still no reply*

*Raviran the tough guy walks away with his gang*

:3 You're spreading fear throughout Stormwind!
And nice, Annie. I -maybe- will look by. Not sure though. ;p

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Aniane wrote:
This Saturday, May 22, will be our first of such nights and we intend to make a gala opening of it. Swing by the Blade from 20:00 onward to taste our new wares and enjoy the atmosphere!

Nothing like a real gala to kick things off.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri May 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Trave we just thought you were afk an' just left it at that Smile
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzle Tue May 25, 2010 6:39 pm

More Gnome nights! I enjoyed serving. :<
Jazzle
Jazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down