Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luverne Croft

3 posters

Go down

Luverne Croft Empty Luverne Croft

Post by nope Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 am

Character name: Luverne Croft.
Alias: "GOD DAMN IT LUVERNE", Looby due to getting extremely drunk and mispronouncing his own name.
Age: 23, nearing 24.  Fairly oblivious on his actual birth date.
Race: Half orc.
Class: Paladin.  Specializes in protection.

Birth region: Lordaeron.  Before it went all Scourgy.
Specific area/town: Brill, Tirisfal Glades.
Family: Mary Croft, estranged mother.  Leverne, half-sister by his mother.  Father is an extremely estranged orc he doesn't wish to meet, either dead or warring and pillaging about somewhere.  Sees the goblin Bitzby that bought him as an adoptive father, though the whole technically-bought-you-as-a-slave thing makes it difficult for him at times.  Bitzby and Luverne keep contact and have a peculiar sort of father-son relationship.
Known friends or enemies: Kuran Blackforest, significant other.  Chase, drinking buddy.  Jake Jasperson, was best man at his wedding.  Lennix, was also best man at his wedding.  Lennix also stole his hat.
Description:
A commissioned image of Luverne.  WARNING NAKED MAN IS NAKED AND HOLDING A TURKEY CENSOR:
His hair is thick and slightly coarse in texture, even on his brows.  With broad shoulders, hard muscles and a masculine jawline he could look intimidating, if not for the almost googly grey eyes betraying shyness and concern.   Like an animal that is more afraid of you than you are of them, even if they're standing six foot four.

His dark skin is all a simple arcane illusion to hide the deep green beneath, reapplied daily.  Though nothing complex in terms of concealment, it would perhaps feel about as strong as an enchanted piece of armour or magical boon on the individual - no real cause for suspicion.  For the small but obviously orcish tusks a simple cloth mask is used to conceal them, the paladin quick to blame its usage on anything from a deformity to a bad cough.  Beneath it is a light layer of stubble, covering a considerable portion of his face but not allowed to grow long.

Across the front of his chest and his biceps are nasty burn scars, some depigmented to a whitish pink.  The severity is such that an expert could tell they restrict movement - perhaps putting a dent in his heroic endeavours.  His nipples are misshapen and not entirely there due to the scarring, with the middle of his chest melding together a little.
Personality: Kind to a fault, apologetic and striving to set an example, despite the orc blood in his veins it is hard to rouse him to anger.  Even combatants may face a stern warning over blind rage.  Though he specializes in defensive fighting manouvres he can be quite timid off (and on) the field, generally finding social entanglements more terrifying than straight-up combat - until dragons are involved.  When the skittish walls are down he can be quite cuddly, a little too cuddly if no one keeps him away from the bourbon.  His politeness can reach absurd levels when coupled with his social ineptitude - he has been known to respond with "ladies, you're both pretty" with "but I don't identify as female" for example.
His sold-to-a-goblin start in life means he doesn't think too highly of himself, with sometimes crippling fear and insecurity regarding him being a halfbreed.  Friends and family that don't consider him subhuman for it are precious to him, with special points for not finding him ugly despite the scars and the tusks and the everything.  This may explain why he still gushes about his boyfriend months after the 'honeymoon' period of them being newly-paired.
History: Conceived during the Second War, his mother didn't cope and eventually sold him to a passing Steamwheedle goblin when he was four.  After a significant amount of travel down the Eastern Kingdoms, sometimes dangerous, the pair arrived in Booty Bay.  He grew up as well-adjusted as one could with a freakshow occupation in a seaside trade town.  Money wasn't an issue but his education was a tad lacking.  He learned more about doing practical skills than writing his own name.

Eventually, he longed to see Alliance lands and feel human acceptance, so after scrounging together what he could and commisioning an engineer-mage, he set off for Alliance territory with a device to conceal his true skin colour - the same as his mothers' rather than his fathers' dark green.  The teenager would turn out to be one of those people that actually listens to "Have you heard the good news about the Light?".  After much study and effort on his part, he was granted the position of paladin.  Speaking up about mistreatment of kobolds helped him on the Compassion tenet point.

When Deathwing struck Stormwind, Luverne was unfortunate to be close enough to witness it and to receive burns from being too near the heat - since the actual flames didn't make contact with him, he was fortunate to not be afflicted with the permanent pain of Deathwing's fire.  He had to be healed for quite some time regardless, and the scars restricted his movement.  As soon as he was stable enough he joined the healing efforts for the victims, more than a little motivated by survivors' guilt.

After more than two years of holing himself up in the city and waiting for Deathwing to die, he tentatively approached the idea of exploring and fighting again rather than designating himself to healing in the city or behind the frontlines.  The funny looks and murmurings for having the title of paladin yet never heading out of the city if he could help it didn't help matters.

He managed to break out into the world, having brief stints in an adventurer party and as a city guard.  The first ended due to his deciding he wasn't quite ready, the second because the leadership freaked him out.  He even took a journey to Gilneas to try and search for his MIA half-sister, picking up a fellow adventurer along the way he'd bumped into a few times.  They didn't find her then but grew close and are now dating.  The second stint in the Band of the Brave had him reach Pandaria, only for a chance discussion to remind him that he still wasn't quite ready for such a trecherous continent.  Hearing that the Sha prey on negative emotions solidified his decision to leave them a final time.  He finally found his sister when she sent mail to Booty Bay, testing the waters before finally meeting him - she had been risen by the Forsaken, but held no loyalty to the Horde.  Unfortunately, Forsaken lacked the backing of Tirion that the Death knights did and she could not truly return home.

He finally decided he was capable of throwing himself back into the fray - only to mess up at the Dark portal event and be declined from further action.  One of the large iron bombs detonating put him into a flashback, in which he wasn't entirely aware of his surroundings and healed the first wounded he could get his hands on - an Iron Horde orc.  When more portals opened, he returned to action try and make amends...and promptly became lost in Draenor, where he found an outpost only to have his hat stolen.  Thankfully, he ran into a stranded band of his old guard colleagues and they helped keep him alive and stop him from bumbling about into anymore podling traps.  Prior to that there was a lot of running around and using his illusionary skin device to alternate between passing for Horde, passing for Iron Horde or donning his mask and passing for human.

After bawling his eyes out upon the discovery that the portal was broken and everyone was trapped indefinitely, they eventually found out that passage home to Azeroth was possible.  He was ecstatic, returning home to partake in the Winters' veil festivities and give his significant other the most gaudiest jumper he could find in a charity shop.  Shortly afterwards, he decided that Draenor was something he should partake in sparingly rather than throw himself into the fray, guilt about his failings be damned.  He joined a Gilnean military and has engaged in considerably less lethal work since.  The fact the Platoon aids the Alliance in matters beyond just Gilneas helped the decision-making process.
Things you may know about this character: Was a freakshow in Booty Bay from when he was a young child to when he was a teenager.  His job was to stand, get stared at for uncomfortable periods of time and ocassionally have vegetables thrown at him.  Understandably, he does not take well to crowds, staring or exoticism.
Whilst people may know he was there, his name wasn't spouted out as a common part of the show and he took on his mothers' surname when he journeyed to Stormwind. People could make the connection between the teenage half-orc and the adult he is now, though it is not entirely likely.
Avoided Booty Bay for some time after an incident where he got drunk and bootydanced on a table.  Received 12 silver for this endeavor.  Promptly donated it to charity in a fit of shame and guilt at not leading a decent paladin-ly example.
Spent a considerable amount of time recuperating/in therapy after Deathwing's attack.  He did not start going out in the world and adventuring again until the dragon was dead.
Has a boyfriend, Kuran Blackforest.  People inquiring about his relationship status risk getting an earful about his fangs and his smirky face and whatever minutae only a man that acts like he's still in the honeymood period cares about.
Things you may not know about this character: Cannot go to the bathroom if someone else is nearby.
Is intersex.  His parent at the time threw her hands in the air and decided on a unisex name.  It may result from a bit of chimerism - the genetic kind, not the two-headed-monster-thing kind.  Luverne himself remains quite oblivious to the fact, with the lack of sex education not helping.
His bank details.
Ocassionally visits a Horde relative in Booty Bay, a Forsaken named Leverne.  Exchanges some intel with her in the Alliances' favour.
Possible crime record: Once accidentally kidnapped someone by assuming they were kidnapped, picking them up and running outside the building.  Promptly turned himself in.  Spent some hours in the cells and behaved himself.
Got some pardon from the Stormwind Regiment for wearing a mask, plus a faked doctors' note.

Other information: Serial waggler.
Capable of going into blood lust, though a considerably diluted form of what a true orcs' is.  Sometimes gets a little too into combat when it starts.
Theme song is Lay your hands by Simon Webbe, suits his optimism and moving forward regarding recovery.  It also has a paladin pun so that's a bonus.
Bisexual, with the biromantic tendencies leaning more towards men.
His writing is awful.  The only things spared from rampant typoes appear to be names he holds dear to him...Forenames at least.
Is terrified of burns happening, dragons and podlings.  Explosions and horribly-burnt people may trigger him.  This isn't written on him or anything but may be obvious depending on interactions with him.

Last edited by nope on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Luverne Croft Empty Re: Luverne Croft

Post by Ferrius Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 pm

The dork orc is the -best-.
Ferrius
Ferrius

Character sheet
Name: Ferrius Spectre
Title: The Disciples of Light

http://www.ferrius.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 pm

What about me?!
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 am

srry but you do not have enough giant moeblob traits to qualify pls try again next year
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Luverne Croft Empty Not returning to the game, just wanted to post a thought-stream then go back to disappearing

Post by nope Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Just wanted to post here to give my signature links visibility as I feel both links are relevant to interaction in Defias (and well online communities in general). Learned some of the information within the hard way over...well years/before-after I was even around here - the lundy bancroft pdf http://unityandstruggle.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Lundy_Why-does-he-do-that.pdflundy bancroft pdf is free online and pretty damn useful in general (recommend holding ctrl key and scrolling to zoom out the text is huge), I also had people older than me as a teenager do things like respond to "haha what would villain horribleperson mcgee do to characternames' kids" with (Warning pedoshit)
how do spoilercuts work again:
None of them from defias before anyone panics. It factored into me being way too tmi to younger people as I grew older because "well I'm not trying to erp with them/groom them/everyone just talks about gross character stuff all the time right everything is hunky-dory" because the bar I had set was "if I'm not like these literal pedos/sexual abusers then I'm good2go" and it wasn't really good enough. I could have been a better friend and I'm sorry.

re: leaving I essentially slowfade-quit the game - wasn't feeling the game itself or any of the remaining Rp servers anymore either because I didn't want to do the small-realm thing again, "bad blood here", "bad blood there", "stalkerdude still at it cross-site years later to the point he thinks facebook pokes are a great idea so do I even want to stick around a game he plays", "heard enough of Personality Cult mcpantsman on Argent Dawn to the point I don't want to touch it even if it is a big melting pot" which perhaps wasn't totally realistic on my end but I wanted a bigger fresh start than that. Multiple examples of not-good aside, I quit because I just wasn't interested anymore, that took precedent over any other reason. Overall I think I just hit what tvtropes calls continuity lockout - there's just so much lore story etc in a game that's been going on for so long that it can make it difficult to get into to start with and hard to keep up with all the new additions, retcons, contradictions etc (man tho I remember doing some harvest-witch guide only for a lore q&a to contradict info dropped in the starting quests rip). I'm big on character expies/imports nowadays so even when they start feeling like a new character it made it a bit easier for me to drop off and pick up where I left off elsewhere. Kinda feels surreal that I racked up several months' worth of hours in a game I was throwing myself into from teenage years and now its' just "yep, p. disinterested, I'll hear of legion on the grapevine and that's coo' but I'm not resubscribing." but then you're just not going to maintain all of your interests as you grow.

With defias particularly I just did the "joins realm because friends were there" thing that I suppose non-rpers do with rp realms except with pvp - warzones/etc instanced queue things I'm down with nowadays, open-world pvp not so much. It felt like people abused it to grief or to air their petty grudges more often than not. On the whole its' not a mechanic I entirely trust an Rper population to behave with (or pvpers themselves but yeah). If other folk enjoy it then great for them, its' just not for me.

Character-wise...I pretty much assume the vast majority of mine are at some stage of not being entirely within the picture of main events as they transpire re: lore and expacs but taking a step back to kinda happily do their own thing (Seems to be my default when I 'grow apart' from a character and lose investment, "they're eh somewhere"). Luverne would've broken up with Nightelfman but reached a point where he's just overall got more of a handle on his anxiety, less skittish more :3, confident and doing better. He'd still be doing paladin things he just wouldn't necessarily be doing tanking-any-raid-bosses tier of difficulty, there'd be a moderate balance of making time for himself/his own non-work things like walking the turkey and actually getting out in Azeroth and doing paladin stuff.

Nothing left to say here on my end as far as I can recall, peace.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum