Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children?

+7
Robin Drake
Heirio
siegmund
nope
Amaryl
Ixirar
Tnecniw
11 posters

Go down

Children? Empty Children?

Post by Tnecniw Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I have been Rping for a couple of months now... but I have a question. Which races are okay to have children with eachother? (I am not talking about ERP here guys, I am just asking of which races can have children with another race) like, for example: Night-elf and human. Dwarf and Draenei. You get the idea.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Children? Empty Re: Children?

Post by Ixirar Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Gnome and human
Gnome and dwarf
Orc and human
Orc and draenei
Draenei and human (presumably)
Dwarf and human
Any elves interbreeding
Any elves and human
Demigods and dragons
Presumably, anybody who is compatible with human and anybody else who is compatible with human
Orc and ogre
Night elf and troll
Human and ogre

Off the top of my head
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Thank you. but I didn't just mean PHYSICALLY, I meant spiritually? Would REALLY a elf have sex and produce a child with a dwarf for example?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Thrall and jaina
Arthas and Thrall
Arthas and Uther
Jaina and all the dragonflights.

lots of options to be a child.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:31 pm

One of the Ask a Cdev entries said there are no half-dwarves. Garona was human/orc before a retcon to draenei/orc and has a draenei/orc/human kid. There's also half ogre lore characters.

Kalec poses as a half elf/human so I guess that's possible.

Night elf anything...uhh the High elves are able to cross with humans so whilst I guess it's possible, the Timeline/Third war would make a night elf/human kid like...ten years old. Draenei/human is also kind of screwed because whilst there was humans that went through the dark portal in the second war, a novel implied they could have some really slow-as-fuck aging going on.

Elves are descended from trolls but on my last realm the general consensus was that they're generally so KoS to eachother that the kid would likely just die and/or not be brought to term. Darkspear/Blood elves don't have the bad history so much but Blood elves haven't been in the Horde all that long.

Tnecniw wrote:Thank you. but I didn't just mean PHYSICALLY, I meant spiritually? Would REALLY a elf have sex and produce a child with a dwarf for example?

Oh. Well, half elves get looked down upon and High elves can be kinda elitist/keep to themselves but they're not that uncommon. Ogre/orcs were deliberately bred at some point.

Outside of that, depends on the individual/why they're producing the child, like did they intend for it to happen or was the other party someone they wouldn't exactly bring home to their parents?
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:42 pm

I usually go by the stick to what i know is a thing already.

Half high elf/human is prob the most common I think? Half orc/ogre, half orc/draenei -> Garona and Lantresor. Probably some more I can't be bothered to remember stuff.

I look to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sometimes but i take the RPG book refrences with salt. Unsure with stance on those least. Also it's a Wiki so yeah.

Some things i think are more speculation then anything else with these things.

And yeah the half dwarf-gnome they said isn't a thing.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:51 pm

OKay then xD good to know.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Tnecniw wrote:Thank you. but I didn't just mean PHYSICALLY, I meant spiritually? Would REALLY a elf have sex and produce a child with a dwarf for example?

The examples I listed (except for the "presumably" one) are based on cases that have happened in the warcraft universe.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Amaryl wrote:Thrall and jaina
Arthas and Thrall
Arthas and Uther
Jaina and all the dragonflights.

lots of options to be a child.

Made my day.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:41 am

*Waits patiently for Erwts contribution and thoughts on what WoW races would have sex*
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:11 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Gnome and human
Gnome and dwarf
Orc and human
Orc and draenei
Draenei and human (presumably)
Dwarf and human
Any elves interbreeding
Any elves and human
Demigods and dragons
Presumably, anybody who is compatible with human and anybody else who is compatible with human
Orc and ogre
Night elf and troll
Human and ogre

Off the top of my head

Wat... Why.. I.. Thats nasty.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Note: Far as "possible" in what way though? Well that's harder to say.

Gnome and human - Don't think it's a thing, considering the thing below
Gnome and dwarf - Not a thing Blizz said
Orc and human - Something about it in RPG books only i belive, but I think it makes sense.
Orc and draenei - Garona, Lantresor
Draenei and human (presumably) - Bit doubtful on it. Probably from the idea of Med'an but i'll say blame magic and orc half
Dwarf and human - Only a possible thing said from RPG books, but considering dwarfs and gnomes ain't a thing. Doubt it.
Any elves interbreeding - Doubt it! Possible? Who knows. Something about a half high elf, night elf but it's speculation
Any elves and human - RPG book, but considering they wouldn't be too old by the timeline i doubt it.
Demigods and dragons - Dunno anything about that.
Orc and ogre - Rexxar! They are called something on M even a race on their own even.
Night elf and troll - Something mentioned in Comic/manga, but it could just be a insult/joke, hard to say!
Human and ogre - Saw something from RPG books not much else

I don't count everything in RPG books wrong tho but some things are not really reliable i'm sure.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:26 pm

siegmund wrote:Note: Far as "possible" in what way though? Well that's harder to say.

Gnome and human - Don't think it's a thing, considering the thing below There's a gnome and human couple in Sholazar who claim to be married. Children presumably possible
Gnome and dwarf - Not a thing Blizz said Fair enough
Orc and human - Something about it in RPG books only i belive, but I think it makes sense. Garona + Medivh
Orc and draenei - Garona, Lantresor
Draenei and human (presumably) - Bit doubtful on it. Probably from the idea of Med'an but i'll say blame magic and orc half
Dwarf and human - Only a possible thing said from RPG books, but considering dwarfs and gnomes ain't a thing. Doubt it. Considering the gnome+human couple in Sholazar I'd wager humans can reproduce with almost all other races
Any elves interbreeding - Doubt it! Possible? Who knows. Something about a half high elf, night elf but it's speculation They're the exact same race so there's no reason why it wouldn't be possible. The difference between night elf and high elf is the same as the difference between forest troll and jungle troll pretty much.
Any elves and human - RPG book, but considering they wouldn't be too old by the timeline i doubt it. High elves prove that it's possible. The other elves are pretty much the same race, no reason they wouldn't be able to reproduce
Demigods and dragons - Dunno anything about that. Pretty sure Ysera got her freak on with some of the night elf ancients
Orc and ogre - Rexxar! They are called something on M even a race on their own even. Mok'nathal, yes.
Night elf and troll - Something mentioned in Comic/manga, but it could just be a insult/joke, hard to say! Given the fact that night elves evolved from trolls, their relation to eachother makes this not too farfetched
Human and ogre - Saw something from RPG books not much else As said, far as I've seen, humans seem capable of breeding with damn right whatever they want to, and since there was a case of this one in the RPG books (and it hasn't been contradicted at a later time) I'd say it's legit (but wouldn't advice anybody to try RPing one)

I don't count everything in RPG books wrong tho but some things are not really reliable i'm sure.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Ah didn't know for the gnome and human thing. But just becouse of maridge I wouldn't really come out with a "Children presumably possible" myself.

And a bit sceptical on humans can have children with just about any race. But yet to remain seen. Relationships though? Well that seems to be a thing considering the above and some other cases.

I'm just more of a person that likes some facts more, what can I do.

But in the end yeah this is what i'd tell people as well
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:but wouldn't advice anybody to try RPing one

Also i think Elune had a thing with the ancients not Ysera, i could be wrong?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Ysera adopted Cenarius who's mum was a moon goddess that banged a celestial stag. Yeah some of the lore is weird.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote: The difference between night elf and high elf is the same as the difference between forest troll and jungle troll pretty much.

Jungle Trolls have fur. Yep.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Robin Drake wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote: The difference between night elf and high elf is the same as the difference between forest troll and jungle troll pretty much.

Jungle Trolls have fur. Yep.

Jungle Trolls have fur? Since when? Also, with it be possible to have a Jungle Troll/Worgen relationship and have babies?
Sam
Sam

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Worgen kids are just human kids--or night elves, if you want to say that. Don't worry about the curse aspect and just look at the base race (this was confirmed by Blizz).

And trolls do have fur! Or was it a thin moss? I forget, now.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:27 pm

The wowpedia say they have short fuzzy fur.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Cite Wowpedia's sources. Wowpedia is a fanbased medium and thus no more reliable on its own than personal opinion.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum