Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling upon the grace of Elune on Dreanor

+8
Sorayah
Skarain
Feral / Blackfall
Ralegh
siegmund
Zhakiri
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Calling upon the grace of Elune on Dreanor - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling upon the grace of Elune on Dreanor

Post by Raene Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:31 am

I'm really liking your posts on this Feral. Much love <3

Aslaya, how're you enjoying WoD for Elune RP?
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Calling upon the grace of Elune on Dreanor - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling upon the grace of Elune on Dreanor

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:54 am

Raene wrote:Aslaya, how're you enjoying WoD for Elune RP?

In general I'm enjoying the RP in Draenor a lot, lots of adventures.

As for the Elune RP, I let the idea of being disconnected of Elune go because
as in a previous post was mentioned there is a moonwell at Draenor.
And they added a moonstone as big as a fat drunken pandaren to it. Resulting in even more sparkling and bubbling.

So being disconnected from Elune would look silly and out of place here.
Besides that, everything goes great and there are always numerous ways to add drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Raene wrote:The power of Elune is a real force on Azeroth, but the problem is whilst the Dark Portal was open to Outland, this time it's closed almost as soon as you enter. As our bloved Tyrande says in the End Time... "Mother moon, I can no longer see your light! Your daughter is alone in the darkness." There's some very real opportunities for Priestesses of Elune here.

Mages could drawn upon the the very raw, very real power of the Twisting Nether which was wide open to them in Outland, if not from the leaking residual energy of the Sun and Moonwells heading through the Dark Portal. With no Dark Portal, and the Twisting Nether no longer directly a part of the landscape/atmosphere, mages will have to find a new source to draw their spells from.

Shamans will suffer especially due to the fact that they might have become best buddies with the elements in Azeroth, but these are new elemental spirits, and they've already got their own Shamans they've been serving for years... And you want to kill them.

Nature is all around us in this new lush, and vibrant world of Draenor, but part of the Druids ability to harness nature was their connection to the Emerald Dream. To use their spells in Draenor, they're going to have to draw upon the residual forces of nature present in this world, but to use it would mean to take life energy -away- from the planet. To save Azeroths balance, they must sacrifice the balance of Draenor... A very difficult moral position for Druids to be in.

Warlocks are going to be -very- deprived of Fel. If the only real influence of the Legion here has been turned away, Warlocks and other Fel dependent characters are going to have to be very careful about their dependance and addiction to the stuff, especially with no Arcane fountains to ease their symptoms, even the strongest willed Warlocks are going to need their 'fix'.

Death Knights, Light based Priests/Pallys, Warriors, Hunters, Monks, Rogues all should be fine. Everyone else... Enjoy your character Nerfs.

Everything that we discuss on this topic is complete and utter speculation apart from Thrall's minor note about having trouble chatting up the spirits of Draenor. I don't claim to know everything, but I disagree/would add, the following:

Elune: If she is a Naaru then we're all good, if she is a Goddess deity-type creature then I see no reason why time and space should impede her ability to help her followers.

Mages: Arcane magic is learned and conjured by twisting ley lines and willing various things into existence using mana. Mana is still there, Draenor does have ley lines (unless the lore has changed), and people still remember their spells fine. It's not a gifted, divine, type of magic and therefore I would see mages as completely unaffected by a change in scenery.

Shaman and Nature; I agree completely. However, the Loa and Guardians (from which druid draw their shapeshifted forms) are rooted firmly in Azeroth. Depending on your point of view, they may have trouble shapeshifting. But anything we talk about in this regard is entirely speculation.

Warlocks: Fel magic is a type of the Arcane, it isn't divine or gifted, and therefore I see no reason why they should have trouble casting fel magic as above with Mages. They can easily still summon demons onto Draenor (indeed, the Shadow Council are doing it with no trouble whatsoever) as far as their reserves of demon blood goes...
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2