Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some questions and a short introduction.

+2
Arabella Greene
mettlbiscuit
6 posters

Go down

Some questions and a short introduction. Empty Some questions and a short introduction.

Post by mettlbiscuit Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:30 am

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself, my name is mettlbiscuit, ofcourse this is not the real name I go by, that would more commenly be either Marthius or Istyra. I wish to tell all of you that the Defias Brotherhood community has come to interest me. Sadly due to work I will not be able to join this seemingly interesting community until early December, but non the less I felt the need to explain why I have contacted all of you with this topic. You see, have some pressing questions, some that have been bothering me for some time now.

It makes me wonder if people agree with me, that the guild system in World of Warcraft is a little off.
Halfway the Mists of Pandaria expansion my girlfriend and I decided to play WoW again. for my it was a return to the game after a long, break after an unfortunate account hack and for her it was the first ever experience with my favorite fantasy world. A friend suggested I would play on his server, which was not a RP server, and within seconds in the game my character was amassed by countless prodigies of the "finest guilds" the server had to offer, all in a vein attempt to reach either lvl 25 or make gold of my adventure. Not long after my good friend decided he had to continue his adventure on another server and my girlfriend and I were left behind, alone, guildless, and worse even, night was coming.
 For days I tried to find a guild that had the properties I valued in a strong guild such as I was used to, but without success. It seemed that the guilds that were fundamentally and socially strong did not need new adventurers, or simply did not exist anymore. In an attempt to find the answer to this problem I sought answers to what solution would fit this problem best. Maybe we needed to play another game, but Warcraft has a place in my heart for about 18 years now and its lore, although often changed, has kept me fascinated.
Than the answer of this problem seemed to unfold itself before me. My past in warcraft had been in the roleplaying community and that community seems not to have vanished. Maybe it has decreased in number, but I am sure that must mean the more solid community must be left.

Therefor I ask you, how do you perceive the community of Defias Brotherhood, and what chances do you give two people among strangers in this presumably close RP community? Or will we become a simple adventurer, not mend for nothing more, but a 10% gold income, for some greater Goblin Corporation who has around 700, 800 workers collecting gold for them? I am aware that to be part of a proper community I too will need to put in a good amount of effort, which I willingly will give.

Another question with less importance is how the general world itself is acting out. With that I mean things as needless ganking and camping. And on more positive terms, the frequency of interesting world events made by the adventures of Azeroth.

Our interest lie with the horde and than mainly focused on the Blood Elves and the Orcs as for roleplay.
Thank you for your time.

mettlbiscuit

Back to top Go down

Some questions and a short introduction. Empty Re: Some questions and a short introduction.

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 am

Hello and welcome. Thanks for that greatly contextual introduction, helped us to get to know you. And although I rarely play my one horde character, I hope that when you fully join the server, you have a splendid time.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Some questions and a short introduction. Empty Re: Some questions and a short introduction.

Post by Amaryl Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 am

Every member on this server is a sewer ready to be drained of all its content.

this is an obvious joke ofcourse. The point is: there's a multitude of different people and personalities and the close-knittedness of this community is a tight as the drama between school cliques and everyone can find what he hopes to get out of the experience. Or atleast that has been my experience.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 am

I'm sure you'll be able to find something on Horde side, sooner or later one from there will reply anyway!

Though let me least say that you can rejoice Blizzard removed the perk which gives money into the guild bank (And some others) as well as removing Guild leveling. If that actually did anything, well I personally don't know right now.

For how the world is acting out I'd say it's never too bad. Server has PvP on in a lot of places so getting killed is a good possibility. I think it's like going to fly a airplane, it's statisticaly safer then driving cars but now and there there might be TNT on board, or snakes. In short though there is some people that may like kill you a lot but it's nothing too ofen or bad that would make you have to tear your hair out.

Far as events though both on Horde and Alliance there are a good few in the world, right now people are going into blasted lands (Horde and Ally are phased here so some are happy, some maybe a bit sad they can't smite their fellow opponents) for a bit of Iron Horde stoping and there do happen to be some events that repeat now and then that are more general from what I seen and read.

When WoD hits some more life should come as well and with it the shenanigans that always happen.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:25 am

There's always scope for new people Horde side.

There are definitely strong roleplaying guilds (my own being one!).

I think it sounds like you'll get on with Horde side here - Horde side roleplay is almost entirely guild based. There's usually little random RP as each guild is off on its own adventure, though right now the Horde roleplay community is in one of 2 places due to the Iron Horde invasion.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by mettlbiscuit Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
It is pleasing to see that the general opinion about the server and its guilds is positive, being it alliance and horde. This is good to see, and to me it has answered my question on how this realm must be like.

If what you say is truth Siegmund, than you made me indeed rejoice at hearing that wonderful news from you. What a horrible thing that was and I could not phantom how such a dreadful system ever got into this game.

Despite the fact that my girlfriend and I have no chance to play until December, I do have the opportunity to get to know the heroes of this realm better and possibly get a little involved to. Which I believe to be beneficial for my future experiences within Azeroth. After all it is always good to know whom your allies and your enemies are.
 Am I allowed to do that, even while I have no character on this realm yet?

mettlbiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Of course, no one is gonna stop ya.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Welcome to the server (forums)!

As above, we do have some very strong guilds you *will* be interested in.

First off, I’ll plug my own guild. Ashal Anore has only been around for a few months, and already is making strong headway into all levels of Silvermoon RP. It’s exclusively Sin’dorei, and no doubt we’ll have a place for you and you toons. Take a look:

http://www.defiasrp.com/t8215-h-ashal-anore-sin-dorei

Orcish RP, there are more guilds.

The Orcs of the Red Blade are a tribe dedicated to the Horde. Only accepting Orcs (duh!) they have years of server lore behind them, and really understand Orcish culture.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t22-h-orcs-of-the-red-blade-updated

The Blood Wolf Clan, too, is steeped in Orcish tradition, and is multi-racial. Dedicated to the Horde as well, naturally, the Wolves have no intention of becoming allies of convenience with the Alliance in the current crisis.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t8148-h-blood-wolf-clan

The newest Orc guild I know of is actually evil. To facilitate RP throughout the WoD story, a group have banded together to form the Skyfury Clan, an Iron Horde guild that will naturally be fighting both Horde and Alliance.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t8410-iron-horde-rp-skyfury-clan

So, plenty to choose from, welcome again, and hope to see you soon. Smile
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:26 am

Diversity - Why one group or faction should not claim ownership of a complete race based lore for RP.
This is not democratic or lore compliant - Sin'dorei have a mess of conflicting political forces - not one
A monoculture is doomed to fall to a disease by not having sufficient genes to defeat aggression. That having been said I think you two will like what you find. Good Luck with your adventure.

Last edited by margwethil on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mettlbiscuit Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:44 am

Wow this is amazing how helpful all of you been thus far, thanks.
And tomorrow I am sure I will start on my character background story. Lets see how rusty I am with the stories.

There is one question though relating to the forums, I received a personal message, but as I wish to reply to is by pressing the postreply button on the personal message tab, I am redirected to an Information screen dictating "You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages." yet it seems I have no option to continue beyond this point. Is this a common problem, or possibly just on my side?

mettlbiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down