Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A + H] Inter-Kingdom Deathball League, Azeroth Allstar Superslam

+11
Adry
Amaryl
Coppersocket
Reynar / Raviran
Calisar
Feltrand
Charlie Blazesong
siegmund
Thelos
Robin Drake
Rend.
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A + H] Inter-Kingdom Deathball League, Azeroth Allstar Superslam - Page 2 Empty Re: [A + H] Inter-Kingdom Deathball League, Azeroth Allstar Superslam

Post by Amaryl Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 am

I edited my post to be less obtuse.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

[A + H] Inter-Kingdom Deathball League, Azeroth Allstar Superslam - Page 2 Empty Re: [A + H] Inter-Kingdom Deathball League, Azeroth Allstar Superslam

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:01 am

Effectively making mine seem even more obtuse.

Well, I'm not editing mine.

Anyhow, many people seem to adhere to the idea that the author of a post ought to determine the terms and subject of the debate, but apparently other views are also possible.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 am

Thelos wrote:Effectively making mine seem even more obtuse.

Well, I'm not editing mine.

Anyhow, many people seem to adhere to the idea that the author of a post ought to determine the terms and subject of the debate, but apparently other views are also possible.

Just because a lot of people adhere to an opinion, doesn't make it right though Wink.

In any case, i'll leave this particular debate since this is about an "event". I do like the work put into the graphics. goodluck with this and I hope you find a lot more people to participate. Even though they aren't allowed to discuss it until they participate.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:57 am

@Siegmund: I genuinely wasn't being catty, but looking back at the comment I can understand it looking that way! I merely meant that your opinion is your own and if this doesn't interest you then that's fine!

Rend. wrote:I haven't figured out a way that this game could be RPed - but at this stage I'm not too concerned about that,

I should have made this more clear. At this time, I haven't figured out a smooth way for RPers to actually play the sport - but I do intend to do this in the not-too-distant future if there is enough interest surrounding it - and that's the stage it's currently in; generating interest. The imaginary fixtures are to get the ball rolling, and give people some substance to RP with. "Heard about the score last night? Bla bla bla".

If enough people show interest, and want to participate in the RPing out a game of Deathball, then we can make it happen I'm sure.
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Name: Rend
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:05 am

You could do a capture-the-flag bg or the gold-capturing-bg in skirmish mode. ctf requires a minimum of 5v5 I think and add whatever restrictions you want; I.e only one team has the flag at a time. and when the carrier dies the other team gets to pick up the flag and try and run it home.

Or the same macro-style play that JP developped for rugby, but maybe that's more difficult as this is basically Dead Ball Zone.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:57 pm

The macros are a bit old, but they still seem to work:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You need to form a raid and all players need to have assist so they can set raid icons. The macros use predefined ranges and raid icons to mark who has the ball, who intercepts and who made a fault.

I'm sure they could be reworked to some extent.. to make it more fitting.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Let us all bow before the all seeing Rend and ask him the question we're all waiting for. When does the trial begin?
Rinse them of all they've got!
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarth/Tyzai Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:53 am

Just throwing it out here but, could you do it like the 4chan cup? Get an NFL game, mod it, make the teams, stream some AI vs AI matches every weekend and let people watch and shit. Then we don't just make up a bad play, we saw the Pistons get their ass kicked and we KNOW which player fucked up.

It also means you'll have people commenting on the individual players, feel free to goofy up some names, mess with some stats etc. Although I don't really have many clear form thoughts on this, I do like the idea though.

EDIT; Oh god get people on to comment IC. I'd fucking pay to see Ralegh or Bismack commentate.
Azarth/Tyzai
Azarth/Tyzai

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

^This man has some good ideas.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:48 pm

If only Rend would ever actually do anything...
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Adry wrote:If only Rend would ever actually do anything...

Do you fancy me, Adry?

You seem to care an awful lot for someone who was so hell-bent against this concept. At any rate, your courting techniques are a little kindergarten - but I'll give you an A+ for effort.

In response to Azarth, I decided against pursuing this any further due to a lack of interest early into the concept. If however a handful of people would like me to pick it up again, and perhaps take note from your suggestions to make it more appealing & engaging, then I'd be happy to!
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Rend. wrote:Do you fancy me, Adry?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

nty
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:58 pm

We'll name our firstborn after Paul Scholes.
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Didn't your profile say you were 17 about a month ago?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:24 pm

I turned 20 in June and am in my last year of Uni. So no, it didn't...
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Pretty sure you're 17
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Lol, it's no skin off my nose what age you think I am - but I'll happily provide proof if you apologise and/or shut up
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:26 pm

The proof is in the pudding
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Adry wrote:I believe it's unreasonable to assume this could be a world-wide event in the pre-globalised world of Azeroth. The necessary infrastructure isn't in place. Historically in the real world, the oldest recorded international sporting event was in 1844, and the first ever World Cup was in 1930.

Another issue is I feel half the races you list as involved would in fact have absolutely no interest in the sport whatsoever. Goblins already have a similar sport, I can see Orcs being interested, as well as Dwarves, and potentially Humans. Everyone else? Doubt they'd bat an eyelid.

This all goes without saying that for this to suddenly spring into being is rather obnoxious. Had you instead said you were starting the sport, and not insinuating that this has already taken the much-needed time to establish itself to the world (without any of us sharing in that knowledge), then it would be far more believable.

Robin Drake wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Following previous track records for trying to make a point and then being proved horribly wrong. Back to business.

Madden NFL. WoW edition. Let's do it. Pls. Some1. Halp.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Adry, I don't see what Age has to do with it, Rend is not 17, He's older then me, and I'm 18, from one who skypes the dude a lot, furthermore, don't hate on him because of where he's from, we all know you want the panda D.

Hex
Hex

Character sheet
Name: Hex
Title: He who Seeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Nice listening to some Sweeney Todd there m8.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I fucking love it.
Hex
Hex

Character sheet
Name: Hex
Title: He who Seeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Robin Drake wrote:
Adry wrote:I believe it's unreasonable to assume this could be a world-wide event in the pre-globalised world of Azeroth. The necessary infrastructure isn't in place. Historically in the real world, the oldest recorded international sporting event was in 1844, and the first ever World Cup was in 1930.

Another issue is I feel half the races you list as involved would in fact have absolutely no interest in the sport whatsoever. Goblins already have a similar sport, I can see Orcs being interested, as well as Dwarves, and potentially Humans. Everyone else? Doubt they'd bat an eyelid.

This all goes without saying that for this to suddenly spring into being is rather obnoxious. Had you instead said you were starting the sport, and not insinuating that this has already taken the much-needed time to establish itself to the world (without any of us sharing in that knowledge), then it would be far more believable.

Robin Drake wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Following previous track records for trying to make a point and then being proved horribly wrong. Back to business.

Madden NFL. WoW edition. Let's do it. Pls. Some1. Halp.

Thanks for confirming everything I said in my post, I knew one of you would see sense eventually.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next