Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this an okay DK?

+10
Amaryl
Littlepip
siegmund
Thelos
Feral / Blackfall
Izzifix
Arabella Greene
erwtenpeller
Kayle Ravelle
Steven Adams
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this an okay DK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this an okay DK?

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm

...Which would be a spell activated by a runic pattern on the rune-blade, wouldn't it?

I might be totally wrong though. I mean, there's also this thing they use called "runic power" that... Does... Something.

I know nothing.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Adams Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Now I'm confused.
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Name: Steven Adam/Tobias Michaelis
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Welcome to the forums where most of us either A. Troll B. show our mental and moral superiority or C. are generally obtuse and dismissive because we're A-holes.

Spend long enough on these forums and you will learn to discern who is who, and also the see the sliding scale of posters as they lose faith in the rest of the community.

Like erwtenpeller; he generally posts 1 to 2 sentence dismissive posts in everything except the art-thread. It is rare that he personally engages in a significant discussion.

Part of this isn't directed at You but has more to do that this is a topic that has been discussed numerous times and the general attitude is this; Do whatever you find is fun the actual details aren't that interresting, but DK discussion have a tendency to devolve into madness.

Personally I fall in all three categories, so take this with a grain of salt, I might just be trying to aggrevate Erwt. Who knows.

I like drama.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:54 am

Shadow doesn't need the runeblade.

The runeblade has runes for frost, unholy and blood. The shadow stuff comes from their hands.

Or you know, if you're into hentai, somewhere else entirely.

(Tl:dr yes, physical shadow if disarmed, nail on the head there Steven.)
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:06 am

I thought Death Knights would be more close to being Dark Inscribers, rather than full on proper Rune-magic/Rune-master type roles. Utilizing incomplete runic patterns with magical/arcanist know how to cast spells.

Sort of the twilight zone.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 pm

From what lore there is, the runeblade has runes for each type of magic; the runeblade takes 'life force' of slain enemies, stores it and converts it to runic power; that runic power is then used to power the frost, blood and unholy spells.

However, since you obviously can't have a rune for each individual spell, you're very likely right in terms of the DK having to "form the spell" themselves from the released magic type. So everything you said there is probably 100% correct. When I rp'd training new death knights, that is what we roleplayed; that the rune is a sort of gate that the DK opens to release the magic, and initially shapes the magic into a form, and that the knight must train on how to "shape" that magic into an individual spell. We also decided that'd be a good way to explain IC focuses on a particular magic type.

Shadow, though, they can just toss around. There's no runes for it at all, and shadow is the animating force for the undead, so they can (probably) just harness it inherently.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Tbh i would just roll a lock/shadowmancer/necromancer or something. being a plated, Long range spell flinging machine of death is, IMO, A little hard to play without getting called OP etc.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:35 am

Amaryl wrote:Welcome to the forums where most of us either A. Troll B. show our mental and moral superiority or C. are generally obtuse and dismissive because we're A-holes.

...Trollholes?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Is Amaryl arguing that Trolling here is the highground?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Brigs Morgan wrote:Tbh i would just roll a lock/shadowmancer/necromancer or something. being a plated, Long range spell flinging machine of death is, IMO, A little hard to play without getting called OP etc.
Not if you take care to never ever get in a fight with another player (or any fights onscreen at all). Characters are more than a set of skills. Being incapable of eating/drinking/sleeping/mating normally, having a limited or non-existent register of positive emotions, being a walking, talking affront against nature and Good... Death knights have a lot of vunerabilities. Combat isn't one of them.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:43 pm

[quote="Dwyburn"]
Brigs Morgan wrote:Death knights have a lot of vunerabilities.

No one ever wants to hug us Sad
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 am

Brigs Morgan wrote:Tbh i would just roll a lock/shadowmancer/necromancer or something. being a plated, Long range spell flinging machine of death is, IMO, A little hard to play without getting called OP etc.

Yeah he's cut out the long-range spellcasting now! It's also hard to justify a nelf lock/shadowmancer type, I mean obviously there's nelf cultists about but it'd by definition pretty much have to be insane/evil.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Thelos wrote:
Amaryl wrote:Welcome to the forums where most of us either A. Troll B. show our mental and moral superiority or C. are generally obtuse and dismissive because we're A-holes.

...Trollholes?

Yes!

Lexgrad wrote:Is Amaryl arguing that Trolling here is the highground?

No, I'm saying we're all dicks, there is no highground, just a scale from frustration to fun.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum