Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit

+4
Ruby
Dizzy
Krogon Devilstep
Skarain
8 posters

Go down

[A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit Empty [A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

--This thread is created primarily Alliance in mind-- (as the Horde tend to be better in PvP anyways)

wall of text:

The proposition and the idea behind this thread was to ask if there would be interest of cooperation between (Alliance) WPvP guilds and Roleplayers? They have a chance to get good fights outside the normal areas and we roleplayers in turn have a mean to get reinforcements when we're getting ganked out in the world. I have already asked a couple of people and RP guild leaders on what they think of it. So far the reception have been positive but thought about asking it here on the forums to of what people think of the idea.

The Channel created for communication between the groups is named: Alliance

(credits for coming up the channel name to Mallucis)

Last edited by Skarain on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit Empty Re: [A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:01 pm

I have to ask though. But which Alliance w-pvp guilds? Because some implicitly and specifically target Horde-RP'ers to cause disruption and 'grief' RP. Would this be extended to them?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit Empty Re: [A] Roleplayers and World PvPers - Communication and Mutual Benefit

Post by Dizzy Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Dizzy here, officer of Vengeful Midnight - ask your questions and I'll do my best to answer you.

As for the above, current alliance guilds are Vengeful Midnight and Shrike.

Think about your concerns and offer me your throughts, we'll see where we can go from there.

Dizzy

Character sheet
Name: Dizzy
Title: the Diplomat

http://www.vengefulmidnight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Couldn't a general Alliance WPvP channel cover this (and more)? Just because the more niche a channel is, the less used it seems to become.
Ruby
Ruby

Character sheet
Name: Ruby Darkheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 pm

A general channel will devolve into e-peen contests, or larger fights than I'm envisioning. That's not to say we may not experience similar trolling in this proposed channel - but the idea is to send a small force equal to those griefing RPers for an even fight. Our guys are looking for even smaller fights than the 15 +/- we take on a casual night. It offers them something more to do than stand around in shrine.

WorldDefense is a channel that already exists spams when a player kills NPCs in a contested zone, but the chances of getting there and finding some poorly geared hunter killing weak guards are far too high. My hope is that those calling for assistance can name the player, their guild, and if necessary, the number of enemies in the area.

All cards on the table - we're not looking to be your friends (unless you're super nice and friendly, I do kinda like making friends!) and we don't want to feel like we're at your beck and call, and that sounds incredibly rude - but I would like to work together in a way that benefits both sides. To do this I need your thoughts and input. If you're being griefed by 2-3 players, and I'm not busy, or I'm in the mood for a fight, I'll come and take the fight away from you and go 1v2/3 without any fear of dying. I feel the same can be said for the majority of my guild.

This is mostly for our own WPvP fun, but what we're looking to understand is how often is your RP disturbed by players ganking you? Is this something you would be interested in? What problems do you see in becoming involved in this?

*Also free PvP advice for those looking to gear up and venture out in a group and be able to defend themselves in the near future!

Dizzy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm

I subscribe with my both hands under this idea. I'm not a gladiator, but it's rather the case of my gear; when it comes to skills I'm not a newbie. When it comes to the rest of Holy Lightbringers... Well, our numbers are low, but I think at least myself, Mozamir, Renduar, and maybe even Maelmoor would be willing to help.

My proposal for the Channel name, however, would be simply "Alliance".
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferbian Gormaine Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 am

Dizzy wrote:This is mostly for our own WPvP fun, but what we're looking to understand is how often is your RP disturbed by players ganking you? Is this something you would be interested in? What problems do you see in becoming involved in this?

Yo Dizzy, welcome to my new branch of the world mate Smile

The idea could be cool to have some level of defensive aid from world pvp guilds, or anyone in general. Often the out in the world RP's I've been involved in doesn't necessarily lack the man power to fight (We had that when Forlorn Cartel and Crimson Rose had our thing in Swamp of sorrows a few weeks back) however it's as much a general lack of healers. Any help is obviously welcome however.

So far with my experience with the freelancers, going to Redridge have left us somewhat alone for about averagely every 1-2 evenings before we get swooped by ABoC players. The groups usually aren't much bigger than what we're currently there with ourselves (Either 3-4 people ot 5-6). Hardly something that hangs around for so long that a need to build a defense ever becomes an issue.

However defense for larger events, or seriously planned out events could be extremely helpful. I know how god awful it can be to plan a major guild or server wide event out in the world, adventure time and all, you gather a good bunch of your buddies, and you then proceed to your adven... oh wait no you spend the next hour getting chain-ganked. Hell I've done the ganking, I'm not proud of it, but I've camp-ganked the shit out of RP events in my past. That's where the help could be extremely handy.

But for small casual out in the world RP that has 2-5 people getting griefed, who has the ability to move to another location and be undisturbed / blueshielded, I don't see the efforts worth to create a defense raid, especially when the horde (Speaking for Alliance in this case) doesn't show with anything but a tiny gank party that vapourises soon after it's accomplished gank.

Good initiative though, and would love to see what comes of it Smile
Ferbian Gormaine
Ferbian Gormaine

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 am

Two thumbs up for all this!

And welcome to the forums Dizzy. ^^
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 pm

I think this is a good idea.

The discussion about the name however is silly. Just make a channel.

(though my suggestion would be wpvpdefense)

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:33 pm

OK I'm getting good vibes - what I'm not getting a clear indication of is what you would expect from members of WPvP guilds in the channel? Would you call for help if you died once? I don't think you would but I love clarity!

Then - how often would you say there's a call for this? When Timeless Isle was first released, the game hadn't quite reached the state it has now in terms of character power level - I'd be forever running all over Timeless Isle picking on any unfortunate soul, no matter how big and strong! I can't do that anymore because it devolves into a ridiculous fight with over 40 either side. If I logged in and this channel was active, would there be somewhere to attend, or do a lot of people find their RP unimpeded by the Horde?

However defense for larger events, or seriously planned out events could be extremely helpful. I know how god awful it can be to plan a major guild or server wide event out in the world, adventure time and all, you gather a good bunch of your buddies, and you then proceed to your adven... oh wait no you spend the next hour getting chain-ganked.

With this in mind - what's a larger event? You fought with us against the Orcs of the Red Blade, so you understand what I mean by this. We don't want to join your RP-PvP event, as awesome as it is for you, we want the best fight we can get. If a Horde guild comes to their aid, it's possible we would join you, but only with the intent to either wipe the entire opposition, or draw the Horde WPvP guild away to have our own fight. We don't want to be mixed up in large numbers any more, and we're still working hard to find ways to keep it that way.

Another thing I want to focus on is not only that the WPvP guilds can form raids - but they have individual members who love going out to fight on their own or with a friend. 2 or 3 people camping your RP? Maybe a couple of WPvPers can come and get them to pick on somebody their own size, (or larger, I'm a pretty big Draenei).

I dunno, I'm just reaching out for something more for my guild to do prior to Warlords. If it works now, we'll see how we can further it in the expansion.

I'd also like to reiterate and be clear. Using the idea of "alignment", I feel we fit best under Chaotic Neutral. We're not all good guys. We're not all respectful. We do, will continue to, and have already camped Horde RP events ourselves. I don't want you to think I'm misleading you with a silver tongue and some long posts. All I want is a good fight for my guild members and that the guild members I represent have every opportunity possible to squeeze some fun out of the end of this expansion.

Dizzy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Well theres been talk and more talk above. You just want to fight - that's good- well go do it. Why are you seeking to engage with us poor defenceless RPers?

I look at this not as what you can do for us - but what we can do for you. WPVP getting boring since you came from Outland? Try a bit of RP - maybe it would enhance your increasingly dull routine. We could help you learn. At least have a policy in your guild to respect RP on an RPPVP server - support the naming policy - and not seek to disrupt/camp RP events because they are RP. Sure Red is dead but to camp an obviously RP event is discourteous and also contrary to the spirit of RPPVP servers.

As to RPers who want protection provided by admitted RP campers - are you really considering bleating to griefers and RP haters for help? People have alts on both sides including these dudes - cant you see what will happen once you let the wolf in with access to both factions?

Extend a courteous hand to our fellow players - yes! Probably some great peeps out there.
But keep your blades sharp and your armour oiled - Gear up and fight or stay in Bluezones.

Otherwise a nice initiative that has been tried before - mostly on Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm not getting a clear indication of is what you would expect from members of WPvP guilds in the channel? Would you call for help if you died once? I don't think you would but I love clarity!
I think most people would call help when they are unable to defend themselves. If the Roleplayers are able to drive the attacker away themselves, obviously no help is needed.

how often would you say there's a call for this? If I logged in and this channel was active, would there be somewhere to attend, or do a lot of people find their RP unimpeded by the Horde?
That really depends. We roleplayers create our own "Patches" so to say. At one time there might be 5 guilds out in the world doing a big event or plot-chain, and at another time there would be none. It is hard to predict these "patches" as each guild and group create their own.

So in short, it is really unpredictable.

what's a larger event?
"Large", in terms of events that are between multiple roleplaying guilds and usually informed well-beforehand on the forums.

An example would be a Pilgrimage to a location, or a festival set in middle of Ashenvale or Moonglade.

During RP-PvP Campaigns we are usually able to defend ourselves, as people expect PvP to be involved and bring up the gear for it. It is mostly the other Large events that is not expected to be about PvP that is spoken of.

@Margwethil: Yep, i to try to tempt individuals of that lot to get involved with roleplaying. Who knows, someone may get interested.

It is up to each player whom they ask for their defense when being attacked. The use of the channel, whichever it will be named, is of course optional. However, is it still not better to ask for help from those who thrive on WPvP for aid against a group of Gankers rather than see the same group in their boredom go hunt out for your friends on the other faction?

Changing attitude is never a quick process. There will likely now and always exist individuals within the boundaries of guilds that disrespect the playstyle of others. Still, raising a rock-hard barrier between different groups is hardly a solution.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow to decide with the channel name. (can't just go with anything, the curse of a perfectionist). More suggestions on that regard is welcome, either in here or in whispers.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:20 pm

The channel was named Alliance.

Thanks for Mallucis for the suggestion.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:17 am

Channel is active if anyone have a need for additional source where to call reinforcements from.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down