Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tick, Tock goes the Fanatic Clock

+5
Jayse
Mordazan
Nayan
Melnerag
Voice of the People
9 posters

Go down

Tick, Tock goes the Fanatic Clock Empty Tick, Tock goes the Fanatic Clock

Post by Voice of the People Wed May 19, 2010 2:05 am

*That old, farmiliar style poster has begun appearing. Unlike the previous, they are clustered in hard to find places and rarely in public places. However, over the coming days more and more appear.*

"Tut, tut, tut.

I left you my dear readers, I left you with the hope of a better tomorrow and unity in our alliance. A little birdy tells me the Dwarves and Arathorians are patching up their differences. The elves and dwarves attack the sin'dorei. All seems well, no? No. For what we have all ignored is the raging fire of intolerance, hatred and innocent slaughter. Oh yes my friends, I refer to the very sanctified and most revered Mother of evil, the Archlectress of the Chapter. She claims to be a woman of the light, all I see is the blind leading the blind. Whom has stolen her sight? Why her own pure hatred. You may think, the problem is easily solved, destroy the chapter? No, no my dear reader. For in truth it is not their fault. Intolerance is like a bad gene, it has to be bred out. One must ask however, why is this order, an order that murders, tortures and harms innocents allowed to roam the streets even put forward fools to the government? I shall tell you why.

His Royal Majesty, King Varian Wrynn is being misled. Quite so. By the council? No, plural is not the case in this letter. By a councillor. One whom cannot let go and enjoy unity in the council. Such a shame really, for you see the voice sees and hears all. Including shady dealings with rogues in the Royal Gardens. Consider this a warning usurper. I advise at your next little tea party, you resign and declare your pets outlaws again so I can once again walk the streets without fear of a sudden exorcism.

Hoping you are all well,
Your loving watcher.

P.s, It's good to be back. Should things not change, my word will be known.

Ciao.
Voice of the People
Voice of the People

Back to top Go down

Tick, Tock goes the Fanatic Clock Empty Re: Tick, Tock goes the Fanatic Clock

Post by Melnerag Wed May 19, 2010 7:47 am

Now there exists no doubt, Anaei/Saihna.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 am

(( Whether it is one of the two or not, this is an IC area. I don't know who it is, and it doesn't affect me in any way, but I'm starting to get tired of constantly seeing people focusing ooc'ly on who is behind the Voice, instead of ignoring it and taking it ICly, tbh. This is not aimed at Imanuel, but to everyone that has, does, will reply in such a manner. It's not hard to make a thread in the Game-related area and discuss it, instead of derailing every single IC post here. I will remove any following ooc replies revolving on that matter, consider it a warning. ))
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Wed May 19, 2010 12:47 pm

The problem is that this person claims to be "the voice of the people" I can understand people's frustrations when it, quite clearly, is not.

This text is very biased and does not appear to reflect the general oppinion of a Stormwind citizen, but rather seems to slander against Imanuel's current character and a member of the council.

I have no qualified guess, but I think this "voice" is someone rather involved in dwarven/Arathoran RP (I had no idea about patching relations) and council RP.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed May 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Off the mark.

The idea I get from the Voice of the People.. as the posts say.. "Your loving watcher" is that it is -not- a representation of general public opinion.. it's IC'ly one individual within the citizenry on a propeganda campaign.. Which to be fair, is an awesome concept.

Now then, It may be a character already established.. and is going about this in a guise.. or it may be a simple outline and different take on events that occur with a slight biased view intent on 'opening the citizens eyes'

Eitherway I love it. The text given the voices formulae is -supposed- to be slighty biased if you read the entire backlog of the voices work Wink

Cheers!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm

(( Mordazan that still does not change the fact that this post is RP. You might not like it, but its still IC and i see no reason at all for this person to state who she or he is.

The information that is mostly in these things are not really that hard to get access to. And they just voice a opinion different then yours. Even if it goes against certain peoples RP wishes and if this states some lies. But in all honesty does the Chapter made itself clear due IC actions, that the intentions are not always of goodwill and are not to considered normal. Adn the very same goes for the dwarven RP that i heard about from people.

And in my eyes you are all just slightly annoyed you cannot find out who it is so you can change his/her mind by talking to the voice. You cannot hurt it. And you cannot handle it OOC that this person IC spreads lies.
*Bows* Welcome to the world of propaganda ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Wed May 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Jayse wrote:The text given the voices formulae is -supposed- to be slighty biased

Voice of the People wrote: For what we have all ignored is the raging fire of intolerance, hatred and innocent slaughter. Oh yes my friends, I refer to the very sanctified and most revered Mother of evil, the Archlectress of the Chapter.

Anyway! Wink

Rhebeca:
You should perhaps re-read my post. I have in no way stated that I am against the voice concept or that I feel that it is OOC or should be taken OOC.
I said that I understand why people react the way they do, because of the nature of this whole thing. My argument is found in the first post.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 2:23 pm

I don't mind the Voice, funny to read though.
I don't care who it is, though. But obviously a gnome female. If the Roaring Lion is true. Razz

Anyway, can't see many lies spread from the Voice, I'd say altered truth if any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed May 19, 2010 3:26 pm

((Yay! I'm a suspect! Just adding my own poke to the fire. From reading all the voice posts, I think the name 'Voice of the People' is in a sense ironic. As he really isn't. Clearly he/she is just a voice, and has their own agenda. I find it a little off putting for the OP that when they return with this clearly due to IC events people still prod OOC. So i'm going to rectify that))

<Anaei gazes intently, running her eyes along the poster.>

"The council needs to sort this, swiftly.. Before we have another cult on our hands.."

<She walks on, horrified at the events in the city.>
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 pm

(Love the concept of the "Voice".... and, like his avatar-sake... of course he/she isn't the voice of everyone.... they are just outspoken, like V... some people won't even realise they agree with the voice... but maybe the message)

How the poster ended up here Grufftoof was not sure. But the paper tasted cheap and pulpy, like that found in the human land's less respected literature. The writing was unmistakeably in Common, though he did have difficulty with a few of the words. Whoever this "Ciao" was they were obviously a little upset by things. Perhaps this was an opportunity? Dissent, strife, gunpowder... tingz dat go boom.

Last edited by grufftoof on Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed May 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Mordazan wrote:The problem is that this person claims to be "the voice of the people" I can understand people's frustrations when it, quite clearly, is not.

This text is very biased and does not appear to reflect the general oppinion of a Stormwind citizen, but rather seems to slander against Imanuel's current character and a member of the council.

I have no qualified guess, but I think this "voice" is someone rather involved in dwarven/Arathoran RP (I had no idea about patching relations) and council RP.

This.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the People Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 am

Smallest of notes, no, I have nothing against the Chapter OOC, I actually quite like their guild. And their ideas. However, the Voice is one of my characters, they have views and like to tell people about them. So you may weep all you please OOC, there is no OOC feelings from me. Only you taking IC things to heart.
Voice of the People
Voice of the People

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Thu May 20, 2010 1:44 am

(( In my opinion, the Voice isnt doing anything wrong, certain people are just annoyed that there not allowed to find out who it is just so they can have a go at them about doing this when they cant stop them. ))

...*Elizabeth see's the poster, reading just a few words before taking one down and putting it into her bag to read the rest later when she's safe and comfy...*

(( Far too sleepy to do somthing longer and complicated. And me'h, im not up-to-date with Defias's politics lately, not really online that much.))
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 am

OOC: the fact that I stated "Now there exists no doubt, Anaei/Saihna." doesn't mean I am being moody or annoyed. You are making that up. The sentence is an entirely neutral statement.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down