Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GHI item fix

3 posters

Go down

GHI item fix Empty GHI item fix

Post by CrusaderElly Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:35 pm

It has come to my attention that GHI items can not be copied or edited anymore by their owners. Fear not, there's a relatively easy fix!

1. Log in to the character that owns the items. Create a new, simple item that doesn't do anything. Give it a simple name you can easily remember and find back.
2. Save this item, log out, exit WoW.
3. Go to your WoW folder. On Windows 7, by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)
4. Go to wtf-->account-->'accountname'-->'servername'-->'charactername'-->SavedVariables-->GHI
5. Find the new item you just created in there. Scroll down and find the line that says 'authorGuid' and copy the number (0x......).
6. Now find your other item(s) in the very same file, and their authorGuid. Replace the old number with the new number you've copied.
7. Save the file, log back into WoW, and voila!

xx
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

GHI item fix Empty Re: GHI item fix

Post by Demurral Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:26 pm

You are my savior - Was about to have to completely rescript my entire drug collection.

Edit - For those who don't know - GHI items were "broken" due to the server merge. Previously, character names were just . Due to the merge, GHI then registered names as . Thus, GHI assumed you were -not- the items creator.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Just bumping this for people who might not know. Thanks for posting it btw!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down