Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients

+9
Helmut
Skarain
Officer High Morale
Eldiros
Littlepip
Adry
siegmund
Ixirar
Xavalis
13 posters

Go down

[fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients Empty [fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients

Post by Xavalis Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Since this is probably the most intense project ever released on warcraftmovies, I thought I would give you guys a link to the best fan made movie on wow lore ever made.. enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

[fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients Empty Re: [fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:04 pm

I can't quite get past the low quality of the voice actors. I wasn't expecting hollywood level quality, but really, it's pretty bad tbh.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

[fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients Empty Re: [fan made lore movie] War of the Ancients

Post by Xavalis Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:40 pm

ofc you can feel the amateur style to it, but the enviorments they have made and the new models gives it all a great atmosphere, I enjoyed it alot =)

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Ixirar wrote:I can't quite get past the low quality of the voice actors. I wasn't expecting hollywood level quality, but really, it's pretty bad tbh.
No offense, but every post I've ever seen from you has been negative one way or another.
Pretty inactive on these forums though, so that might be the reason, anyway.

This is a pretty damn awesome project.
I have some experience working with wow model viewer and movie making and I can tell that a lot of effort was added to this movie, from color correction to sound editting.
Overall very well made.

So after having watched the whole thing there has been two major things that stood out to me that could have been easily remedied.
It's very simple and shouldn't need any explanation, basically, the length of the movie makes the entertainment value suffer and the second major issue I have with the movie would be its soundtrack.

I noticed that copyright infringement was obviously not of a concern of theirs, so it is beyond my comprehension why they didn't choose to go with an all-out blizzard soundtrack, they even used a couple of songs from the game! So it obviously crossed their mind and even made it into the movie.
It was sort of distracting to hear big scores like the ones from Transformers, two steps from hell, Saw among others.

Overall I feel like the movie would've benefited far more from a humble 30 minute outline, 45 minutes at best, nearly 2 hours is waaaay too much.

You could really dissect the entire thing that would fill a small novel in pages, but I feel that machinima works have come a long way since the renowned "martin falch" who did a remarkable trilogy machinima back in the day, both in terms of voice acting, editting, writing and overall entertainment value.

Finally I wanna leave this post with my own little contribution from the world of machinima.

This is a movie about a demon hunter that involves his passage to becoming one with the hunt so that he may exact vengeance on an honest to god badass gnome antagonist! Yes you heard me right gnome enthusiasts.
Seriously! If you enjoyed this machinima Xavalis posted, give this one a roll.
Here's a trailer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and here's the whole movie. *fair warning* it is super cheesy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <--- quality is much better than the trailer which seems to have been rendered through a toaster.

And yes it's got a cocky tone to it, but I feel like the quality is similar to that of the movie rendition of war of the ancients.

Last edited by Chihuahuaofdoom on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Chihuahuaofdoom wrote:
Ixirar wrote:I can't quite get past the low quality of the voice actors. I wasn't expecting hollywood level quality, but really, it's pretty bad tbh.
No offense, but every post I've ever seen from you has been negative one way or another.
Pretty inactive on these forums though, so that might be the reason, anyway.

What's your point?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Probably that the actors are decent for a machinima and least don't sound like they have their heads stuck between pandaren fat.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:04 pm

The machinima is visually impressive. They obviously put a lot of work into it. The custom made models are a nice touch and it seems well executed. It's a gargantuan project to take on, so it's impressive that they actually pulled through and finished it.

That said, I find the quality of voice acting a little too jarring. Malfurion's voice threw me right out of what immersion I managed to get from the intro, and I couldn't quite find myself getting into it because of this.

Is this better, or will I just be met with another juvenile reference to that one time my character kissed a pandaren 6 months ago?

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:07 pm

siegmund (paraphrased) wrote:I am twelve years old
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:09 pm

I hate to question such an awesome movie, but why are there so few female night elves when the lore clearly states everyone in the army was females while male night elves used to be druids!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Ixirar wrote:What's your point?
That is is unnecessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:31 pm

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Awesome Movie, and being a fan-made machinima, the voice-actors did an excellent job, but that's my opinion.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Eldiros wrote:I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Awesome Movie, and being a fan-made machinima, the voice-actors did an excellent job, but that's my opinion.

Whilst they are fairly low quality, I like it. It's that old school machinima kind of quality, and it's pretty nostalgic, in a way.
Oh and btw
PISS OFF FROM OUR FORUMS

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:33 pm

... right
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Nothing bad in lurking around. May cause folks who left to return due nostalgia.

Ontopic: Kudos on the maker on the movie. Even if it may not be HQ product it's still a very good (and long) one.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Skarain wrote:Nothing bad in lurking around. May cause folks who left to return due nostalgia.

Ontopic: Kudos on the maker on the movie. Even if it may not be HQ product it's still a very good (and long) one.

Oh, it's just friendly messing around.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Spoiler:

totally ^^
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Eldiros wrote:
Spoiler:

totally ^^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I do hate when fan movies like these only uses licensed songs from other fantasy movies (like LotR). There is PLENTY of stuff to find for free or very cheap on the internet. Its much better to use stuff like that instead of iconic soundtracks, which just makes the production feel weak.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Axio Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Helmut wrote:I do hate when fan movies like these only uses licensed songs from other fantasy movies (like LotR). There is PLENTY of stuff to find for free or very cheap on the internet. Its much better to use stuff like that instead of iconic soundtracks, which just makes the production feel weak.

This. Within 3 seconds of the extremely overused Crimson Tide theme beginning to play I just rolled my eyes and turned this off. That being said, having fastforwarded a bit later, it does look like it's well made and worth watching at some point.
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Ariel wrote:I hate to question such an awesome movie, but why are there so few female night elves when the lore clearly states everyone in the army was females while male night elves used to be druids!

Because in the time of War of the Ancients, the Moonguard were male only. There were only Malfurion who was a druid back then, as he was the first night elf druid.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 am

I really really enjoyed watching this movie. Yeah it has its flaws, but these guys weren't getting paid for it. While some of the VA was bad, others were surprisingly good (the guy who did Mannoroth/Hakkar in particular, imo), and yeah the music is copyrighted half the time but still, I enjoyed much of it. Morrowind theme song on Harp? Very Happy

The model maker / Highborne "culture designer" did a phenomenal job imo; he made a believable, even intimidating, Deathwing model when Blizzard themselves never even bothered. His armor recolors, custom models, scenes/landscapes, they're just really incredibly good. Blizzard should hire this guy.

Reading his "making of," he said that some of the more difficult models took "awhile" while "the easier ones" took three days. THREE DAYS for an "easy" model, without profit from it, that's dedication! It makes me wonder how long the harder ones took. Really helped give me more of a mental image of what Zin-Azshari / Suramar might've once looked like Smile
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:43 am

I agree with Feral. Blizzard should hire this guy.
The sound is obviously wrong, both music and some characters'. But I doubt the creators are deaf. I suppose there wasn't other option. And I still buy it.
Until Blizzard won't launch a Hollywood based production of this particular book, it's a wonderful glimpse. And we know, they might have not. At all. This machinima took 4 years to make just the first part. For free. Warcraft the movie was announced in 2006, and will be launched in 2016. For money.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down