Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Challenge Mode dungeon runs

5 posters

Go down

[A] Challenge Mode dungeon runs Empty [A] Challenge Mode dungeon runs

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 am

*Thread relocated and updated on the official forums

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Chihuahuaofdoom on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

[A] Challenge Mode dungeon runs Empty Re: [A] Challenge Mode dungeon runs

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 am

tip: if you're gonna be class stacking as is, you'll want to try out fury. It's one of the top tier dpses for CMs
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 am

"Don't expect of anyone to have legendary cloak and so forth"

"Also, bring a sha-touched weapon with the legendary gem if you can.
the +500 is an awesome contribution since gems aren't reduced unlike our gear.

"

Legendaries are disabled(And the gem itself is a legendary) as well as set bonuses. This won't work. Also that link, while good for it's time is pretty outdated in the current meta strategies. You will also struggle with a protection warrior, especially having a second warrior in that group to lose diversity of synergy, especially being arms.

"but full PvP gear is a no-go" What? I've done them in full pvp gear on some characters, as well as other people I had in my groups, aslong as they went pve hit/exp
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

As for legendary cloak, I have mine. But as said, Legendaries aren't really a benefit. (And I can run as my disc priest instead)
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm

The legendary cloak has a socket though.
And I am going to run with Fury, not Arms thanks for the tip.

As for running two warriors I already covered I do acknowledge that it is not the best option, but people carry others in challenge mode, so it can't be that much of an issue, and with a dedicated group I don't see it becoming a problem unless we bring a third warrior or +2 of more classes...

And you question bringing two warriors, but pvp gear is perfectly okay? I'm tired of this devil's advocate attitude, please keep that shit to yourself ain't nobody got time for that shit !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Obviously you can bring pvp geared people, but the ressilience is undeniably useless in a pve setting let alone challenge mode, and gathering a dedicated group, I don't think asking of people to at least bring raid finder gear can ever be considered too much of anyone.

The +500 int gem does indeed not work in Challenge Mode I just had this confirmed and will correct it accordingly, thanks for the headsup.
Also, I wasted 1500 gold on dancing steel for a sha-touched weapon that I'll never use ;_;

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:30 pm

ressilience is undeniably useless in a pve setting let alone challenge mode

Everyone has base resilience now, it no longer comes on gear! Exceptions the 'legendary' pvp meta gem (people probably shouldn't use that for CMs, that much is true) and the trinket 'set' bonus (can grab some pve trinkets without too much of a hassle, but even that isn't the end of the world).

There's pvp power of course, but this isn't factored in the item budget of pvp gear. So, pvp gear of ilevel 550 will theoretically speaking be equally as strong as pve gear from the same ilevel as the pvp stat is just a 'bonus' stat. The difference you'll only find at higher gear levels in sockets and socket bonuses - some pve pieces, especially heroic ones, will have more gem slots than pvp gear. But will it really come down to 2x a 160str gem? Perhaps, perhaps..

Just stating my opinion, while I do realise pvp gear is far from BiS for CMs, I do think it's definitely possible to use it without too much of a hassle, be it with some adjustments. ^^
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm

No, one or two sockets extra won't make for much of a difference :0
10 will though.
If you grab all that pve gear from ToT or SoO or both, they have a bunch of extra slots for some gems,
and I always make that mistake... I meant PvP power, not ressilience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 pm

The only downside to PvP gear is that the socket bonuses occasionally grant PvP Power, rather than other stats, but aside from that they provide the exactly same stats as other items. The PvP Power is more or less just a bonus. As a matter of fact PvP gear is some of the better gear that you can obtain for CMs, unless PvE gear with more gem slots is available to the individual. Of course, this can't be said for the trinkets.

Going with a Prot Warrior shouldn't be much of an issue, as long as said person knows his stuff. You're more squishy, and have limited AoE, which is why you need to play more cleverly than necessary as for example a Blood DK, but you have the mobility, utility and CDs to make up for it. There are no issues about the spec, I did 9/9 on my Warrior in simple Timeless Isle gear within six hours with a pug, after all. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When I think about it, most of us were just in Timeless Isle gear. You really don't need to stack up on raiding gear for it, although it does of course make it easier.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm

I've always sort of suspected that going overkill on gemfilled gear wasn't a must to make it a breeze, just plain skill and knowledge, thanks for the guide Gor.
It's the purpose of the itemlvl lock to keep skill a more important factor than gear anyway.

Can we keep it to people who are interested in participating from here on :0)
thank you.

That being said, I do apreciate the tips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

"And you question bringing two warriors, but pvp gear is perfectly okay? I'm tired of this devil's advocate attitude, please keep that shit to yourself ain't nobody got time for that shit !"

PVP gear is perfectly ok yes. There's no devil's advocate attitude there, PVP works. That is a fact. Yet it doesn't work sparkles for say a tank. Because lack of avoid/dodge. I've ran as a pvp geared resto druid, pvp disc priest, i've had pvp geared warlock/hunters/mages and some other stuff. It all worked okily dokiley, there isn't really that much of a gap between pvp/pve gear when it's crunched down to a lower ilvl, aslong as the pvp gear is adjusted to getting hit/expertise. Of course tanks cant really follow this same rule.

Source: I've done CM's 8 times over now.

EDIT:

"I wasted 1500 gold on dancing steel for a sha-touched weapon that I'll never use ;_;" Also, ouch. What made you think 500 legend gems worked anyway?

EDIT EDIT: I only now just read up on the posts from there covering this very thing. *Hits self*
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 pm

I think that because of the extra what... 250 ? it didn't strike me as something that would be downgraded-
As a result I thought that the most convenient thing would be to get a weapon with a sha-touched socket and gem it with the legendary that I just had lying around anyway. Oh well...
Shit happens.

Where are the people! Com'on, I thought that we would at least be in touch with someone interested in getting that cool transmog by now U_U
Let me remind those who reads this, that it isn't like a super professional "we will sue you if you fail on us" kind of thing.

\o/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down